• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

Majora's Cat

How about that
The "in a relationship" stuff on Facebook is fine, I suppose, but most of these relationships or marriages as presented online are real. Facebook is a more personal social networking site while at Dungeon Gaming Network, many more people choose to withhold their identities. Even if we are joking, it would be weird to say that you're "married" to another user, as it can actually have romantic implications. It would also be super weird if a middle-aged person was "married" to a ten-year-old. The horror...

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
As per recent discussion in the shoutbox, I think it'd be great if we could bring back just a snippet of the rep system: the feedback part of it. I know, I mentioned rep and now everyone is groaning. BUt, hear me out.

Sometimes, we all make posts that have a couple issues with them. Whether it's behavioral, grammar/syntax, or whatever idea you can come up with...we all make these kinda posts from time to time. I think being able to give feedback--anonymously or not--would benefit the COMMUNITY quite a bit. We don't need positive or negative rep, just feedback. ^^

It has been proposed that we alter the word censor that censors swear words and other offensive words.

At the current time it changes words deemed unsuitable to a common audience from the word itself, to an asterisk for each letter in the word, such as ****.

It has been proposed that we change the asterisks to simply a single :cucco: for comedic effect. I believe this is for the benefit of the forum, and we have many supporters.

Another option is a :cucco: for each letter in the word such as :cucco::cucco::cucco::cucco:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
It has been proposed that we alter the word censor that censors swear words and other offensive words.

Well, I can definitely see this for the comedic affect, but many people swear out the wazoo. If every letter were to be emoted of the swear word, it would definitely cause lag problems for those with weaker computers. And no, "get a better one" is not an immediate option.

Hachi

Happy Valentines Day!
I don't really see the point to be honest... I almost feel like people who wouldn't normally use a censored word might opt to because of the Cuccos. >.<

The ***'s are there to keep things clean, the Cuccos would be a bit distracting (especially an army of them) and could confuse the newblits as well who might thing people are just spamming the emote. Just my two cents~

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
So, I noticed a while back that there is no blogid BB code. Is there a way that could possibly be implemented? Not that it'd necessarily be used as frequently as the threadid and postid ones, but I think it should be available for when it is needed.

Well, there is still a way to address one another in quotes. That's by replying with a quote and taking out the superfluous numbers next to the name, or by copy/pasting the text into the field, enclosing it with quote tags, and entering "=Example/Name" after the first
. I do the latter constantly when responding to blog replies, and it only takes a few extra second at best.

However, something that would definitely be useful in the blogs section are permalinks for each and every blog response. I know that we have the anchor icon to link to a certain post after it's been edited, but that only works for the member who did the editing. Suppose that someone wanted to link a comment to a friend, but couldn't due to its absence. That's a severe inconvenience, because then they'd have to explain exactly where in a blog it is, and the material therein would lose its originality, among a myriad of other issues. So I think that permalinks are a necessity.

Also, who knows? Perhaps permalinks are the key to Mandems' blogid suggestion. If so, two birds with one stone.

I think it may have something to do with the new theme's implementation, but the postbits on the ZD Brown theme are now disoriented. Locke suggested that it may have been my browser, so I switched over to Chrome and it is still the same.

Right now, they look like [thanks, Rutherfordium, for being a reference <3]
2hl6K

The gold, primarily, makes it noticeably an error.
Before--like yesterday, even--they looked like [thanks, Iridium, for also being a reference <3]
2hliO

The gifts would be right beneath the awards showcase.
Not sure what broke, but it's not too urgent a fix. Probably something universal for the themes was altered-- but since this theme has the showcases above the avatars, while the other ones have them below, it likely just buggered out.

Just bringing this to attention, so you guys know. Thanks.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Gotta push thsi idea again: Zelda Video Competitions for awards and stuff. We could do things like record the fastest no damage Hero Mode run of Earth Temple, or maybe have votes on who did a shieldless run most elegantly et cetera. Just to get the community more active about Zelda (and maybe Darksiders/Pokemon?)

Kybyrian

I think it may have something to do with the new theme's implementation, but the postbits on the ZD Brown theme are now disoriented. Locke suggested that it may have been my browser, so I switched over to Chrome and it is still the same.

Right now, they look like [thanks, Rutherfordium, for being a reference <3]
2hl6K

The gold, primarily, makes it noticeably an error.
Before--like yesterday, even--they looked like [thanks, Iridium, for also being a reference <3]
2hliO

The gifts would be right beneath the awards showcase.
Not sure what broke, but it's not too urgent a fix. Probably something universal for the themes was altered-- but since this theme has the showcases above the avatars, while the other ones have them below, it likely just buggered out.

Just bringing this to attention, so you guys know. Thanks.

This is intentional. Though the gold should be above the showcase. I cannot replicate this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom