• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I think the 'General Gaming' section is a little too vague. It should split up into smaller sub-sections, such as 'Nintendo' and 'Miscellaneous', or something like that.

Djinn

and Tonic
So far there has not been much of a need to separate general gaming into anything. Right now we have specific sections for games that we have main sites covering and everything else can just go in the GG section. Any talk of a random video game, it can go in the games forum. The section does not really get that much traffic, or any single corner of the gaming world enough posts to really justify getting a new section dedicated to it yet. Normally, if a section gets just so much traffic that searching for anything within it is a hassle and the first page is constantly updated every couple of hours then it might be decided to separate things to make browsing easier.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
There should be a thread stating why a certain person got banned. Like if they started drama, trolled, or something.

Why dont the you guys and gals add in a alert for when your making a thread and it already exists, then the alert would let the person know that specific thread has already been created.

Nicole

luke is my wife
There should be a thread stating why a certain person got banned. Like if they started drama, trolled, or something.

That's pretty much a private thing that we and most members would prefer not to be made public. I don't think something like that would be very positive at all.

Why dont the you guys and gals add in a alert for when your making a thread and it already exists, then the alert would let the person know that specific thread has already been created.

I don't know that such a plugin actually exists, but I'll ask about it. You don't have to worry about making a duplicate thread, though, if it's not on the first page of the forum. Anything older than the first page can be recreated. :)

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Well there is the search option you could use. Just simply type in a keyword and see what will pop up. I can understand when you see a topic which is very old you create a new topic about the subject but sometimes there are two exactly the same threads on the same page

Majora's Cat

How about that
Creative Community Collaborations

I was looking at Zelda Universe's forums and found a nifty little section called the "Creativity Corner". This is where its creative collaborations and competitions are held, and I think that the former could be a great addition to the DGN Forums. Listed here are all the collaborations on ZU, and I think that users would really enjoy things like "Draw a Forumer", themed art collaborations and comics. Now all these things revolve around art, since doing something similar to this in writing would basically be a Roleplay, and it's a bit more difficult to string together collaborations of music and other art forms.

Basically, I'm thinking that every month or two, a thread post is made stating the theme of an art collaboration. Then members can feel free to post their works based on the theme in the thread at any time over the given time span, and then the works will (maybe) be compiled and posted on the front page. ZU featured Monthly Hourly Comics, but I think that it's too oddly specific and requires too much effort. Maybe instead of that, members can sign up for a comic collab and then post in a pre-determined order with no strict time limits. They build off of each other to create a few panels each (preferably six), and when it's finished it could also go up on the main site.

As for "Draw a Forumer", I think this could provide some comedic entertainment for the whole community. You won't necessarily need to provide a picture of yourself, members can just draw what they think another person looks like! This could help people bond and might potentially be the most hilarious thing ever. Like I said before, a thread could be posted and then members are free to draw whoever they wish to. As for graphics, however, it's a bit more difficult to imagine how graphic art collaborations would work, but this is just an idea anyway.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Expand Competitions to Gameplay

So I had this idea in mind where ZDForums could possibly expand the Competitions subforum to gameplay. I PMed Vee about it, then later (meaning now), I realized I may should've posted this in Suggestions thread instead. Yeah, my suggestion is basically where the Competitions subforum expands to include gameplay. I'm thinking 100% runs, speedruns, etc. Of course, this may/may not work and the decision is up to the big shots.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I had an idea recently. In the anime Sword Art Online, players of the game could get "married". It was like a form of friending, although it was a deeper connection then a simple friendship request. I think we should have Marriage Requests here at Zelda Dungeon, what with all the "marriages" going on between members anyway. Why not make it official? I think it would be pretty neat! There could even be a little married icon, in the shape of a wedding ring, next to our usernames, next to the gender icon. I'm not entirely sure how far this would go, though, but it would probably have to have more benefits than a friend request.

I'll let you experts in the staff think this over. ;)

One thing I would like to suggest is give forum users the ability to change their usernames. I don't like the way you currently have to do it because I have tried to change my username for quite some time and nothing has been done about it. I understand why it's like the way it is, but it's not a very effective way. If the staff don't have the time to simply change someones username, then they should give that burden to the members who want to change their usernames.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
One thing I would like to suggest is give forum users the ability to change their usernames. I don't like the way you currently have to do it because I have tried to change my username for quite some time and nothing has been done about it. I understand why it's like the way it is, but it's not a very effective way. If the staff don't have the time to simply change someones username, then they should give that burden to the members who want to change their usernames.

If we do this the members might change their usernames like once a week or so. I can understand it gets frustrating for members not being able to change their own usernames but this is no option. Members might change their names so often nobody knows who is who anymore. This is why we allow only one username change. We had this in the past when members requested a change for like 4 or 5 times in a short periode of time.

If we do this the members might change their usernames like once a week or so. I can understand it gets frustrating for members not being able to change their own usernames but this is no option. Members might change their names so often nobody knows who is who anymore. This is why we allow only one username change. We had this in the past when members requested a change for like 4 or 5 times in a short period of time.

The solution I propose for combating people who frequently desire a name change is setting a quota of one name change per period of time. One name change every year seems like a reasonable compromise. Most won't get tired of a new username that soon especially if they chose wisely and this will prevent confusion regarding who's who.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I've been considering a report feature for profiles; specifically for accounts that are new and have no VMs on them. There's always a chance that a new member—human or not—could be making an account purely for advertisement. Adbots in particular make themselves apparent, as their names typically display what they're trying to sell. I think reporting them in this fashion is cleaner and more efficient than filling up a mods PM inbox on straightforward matters, like this one, that can be handled in just a few clicks (or so I imagine).

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
If at all possible, I propose making a feature in the shoutbox where you are not allowed to ignore the mods; I was messing around with the ignore feature (/ignore on uname [insert username here]) and I found you can in fact ignore moderators. I do not think this should be -- oftentimes mods will have useful information that will save you from, well, the usual stuff. And besides, mods are the mediators and it makes no sense to shut your ears to a mediator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom