• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

Tictalk

Anouki
I've suggested this to Mases at least twice and I still think it would be good for Zelda Dungeon to have an official Tumblr. With it's Millions of users and easy to use set-up I know it would be the perfect place to post news, videos, fan art, answer questions, and expand Zelda Dungeon's already vast community. I am more than willing to put forth my time and effort to making this project happen.

octorok74

TETTAC
Personally, I'd like to see the World of Zelda area cleaned up. By that I mean can it be separated into at least two sections: Classic Zelda & Modern Zelda. It would make it a whole lot easier to find a thread to a specific game. Why did we get rid of that in the first place? That is all I'll "complain" about for now.

Djinn

and Tonic
Personally, I'd like to see the World of Zelda area cleaned up. By that I mean can it be separated into at least two sections: Classic Zelda & Modern Zelda. It would make it a whole lot easier to find a thread to a specific game. Why did we get rid of that in the first place? That is all I'll "complain" about for now.

That is actually how it used to be until very recently. A few months ago the sections were compressed into the single section. I think having more to do with each person here having a very different definition on what is a classic and modern game in the series. Honestly I prefer separate sections to a hugely compressed one myself. Perhaps it does "clean" things up in a way on the forum but it makes finding topics a little more of a pain for people browsing.

Dan

That is actually how it used to be until very recently. A few months ago the sections were compressed into the single section. I think having more to do with each person here having a very different definition on what is a classic and modern game in the series. Honestly I prefer separate sections to a hugely compressed one myself. Perhaps it does "clean" things up in a way on the forum but it makes finding topics a little more of a pain for people browsing.

Oh people were complaining about that =/ Well just construct a sneaky way round it like, Zelda games from 2000+ or something along those lines.

Djinn

and Tonic
On most occasions the Necro post would be ignored if it was of a reasonable enough quality that was worth reviving the thread. Basically if the post was decent then it would be allowed and no one had a problem with it. However if someone bumped a thread from three months ago with something like "cool" or "I agree" then that would be removed and encouraged that no one else do the same. It was not really an issue as it only occurred maybe once or twice a month at best until the contests began. A lot of people would repeatedly spam to get the minimum amount of posts required for the contest within the span of one to two days. Sometimes they would just move over to a certain page of a forum and then just reply to every thread in order. Sometimes necroing ten or more threads in a row. This got to be such a problem over a few weeks that enforcement became an important issue. So the warning was in place. We never bothered with the auto close addon because again if the post was worthwhile then it would be left alone.

As far as forum compression goes, I was all for changing it to three separate sections for Zelda games. A General Zelda section which is the World of Zelda, and then have just a Zelda Games forum which would handle all the game specific topics as well as game help threads. This section could keep the game title tags for the threads. And then of course the theory section.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Well then have each game have it's own section. It is so hard to find a single thread relating to the Oracle games.

That's why we have the search option and even advanced search options. If we would have a single forum for each game it would be extremely huge. That is not an option. We had a couple of seperated forums in the past and like Djinn said people got confused.

octorok74

TETTAC
I just can't see how people can get confused seeing as to how each section said what games are in that section. I realize that each game having there own section is ridiculous, but can't there at least be 2D and 3D game section. And the search bars really aren't that helpful.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I figured I could post something that is remotely relevant, so I'll try.

Uhm, it seems like ZD has been getting less traffic nowadays. As in, the Zelda side of ZD is getting less posts. I noticed sometime ago that Modern Zelda and Classic Zelda got merged into WoZ, and I suspect that's but one of many reasons why. Of course, it's summertime and people have lives, but I figured that ZD should be getting many more posts within the summer months than during the schooltime.

Perhaps, if it's viable for the mods/Ky and what not, maybe World of Zelda could be split back up into Modern and Classic Zelda boards? I know, it would make too much sense (especially since, for example, one thread talkinng about the Future of Zelda might accidentally be placed in Classic instead of Modern), but maybe it could spark renewed interest in the forums or something. I don't know...

Rytex

Resident Netizen
Posted this on a thread of its own, and I got redirected here.

As ZD has a music section in its Media folder, why not have the same thing for Pokemon? I have legally obtained a copy of every soundtrack, current up to Black and White, with a preorder for B2/W2's OST, which comes out in July.

octorok74

TETTAC
Can I just suggest that the limit on the inboxes be raised to at least 100. It makes me angry when I'm expecting a PM and I can't receive it because my inbox is full.

Djinn

and Tonic
Can I just suggest that the limit on the inboxes be raised to at least 100. It makes me angry when I'm expecting a PM and I can't receive it because my inbox is full.

I have been bugging people to get that raised for a couple years. I would think just ramping it up to 75 would be a welcome improvement. But it seems that it is mostly kept low as a measure to relieve server strain.

Posted this on a thread of its own, and I got redirected here.

As ZD has a music section in its Media folder, why not have the same thing for Pokemon? I have legally obtained a copy of every soundtrack, current up to Black and White, with a preorder for B2/W2's OST, which comes out in July.

This seems like it would be very a worthwhile addition to PD. You might have to contact David about implementing it as he is the one running things on the Pokemon side of things.

I figured I could post something that is remotely relevant, so I'll try.

Uhm, it seems like ZD has been getting less traffic nowadays. As in, the Zelda side of ZD is getting less posts. I noticed sometime ago that Modern Zelda and Classic Zelda got merged into WoZ, and I suspect that's but one of many reasons why. Of course, it's summertime and people have lives, but I figured that ZD should be getting many more posts within the summer months than during the schooltime.

Perhaps, if it's viable for the mods/Ky and what not, maybe World of Zelda could be split back up into Modern and Classic Zelda boards? I know, it would make too much sense (especially since, for example, one thread talkinng about the Future of Zelda might accidentally be placed in Classic instead of Modern), but maybe it could spark renewed interest in the forums or something. I don't know...

I am all for re-separating things out of the World of Zelda section, I have never been the biggest fan of consolidating things like that. I think the question might be defining what going in what section. Should it be console/handheld, modern/classic, 2D/3D. And even then whatever section gets the older games will be the slower less used one. Generally the section with much less traffic is quickly merged back in. Would have to come up with a idea that would not only be less confusing but still generate a reasonable level of traffic for both sections.

make snapshots a valid file to upload

I don't think this has ever been requested before. It would require a separate plugin to be added to the forum software and that would have to go through Mases first before any decisions are made.

octorok74

TETTAC
I am all for re-separating things out of the World of Zelda section, I have never been the biggest fan of consolidating things like that. I think the question might be defining what going in what section. Should it be console/handheld, modern/classic, 2D/3D. And even then whatever section gets the older games will be the slower less used one. Generally the section with much less traffic is quickly merged back in. Would have to come up with a idea that would not only be less confusing but still generate a reasonable level of traffic for both sections.

I've noticed that some people have posted links in the chatbox that show you what the ZD forums used to look like. If you use one of those pictures you can see what games were in what section. As for the handheld games, they a section all there own if I recall correctly. Hopefully, not only will this idea to seperate the games pass judgement but my comment here helps with the seperation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom