• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

Though I'm sure mods can do the same, you're best off contacting Kybyrian-the administrator. Just keep in mind that name changes are permanent.

I've been learned differently from ZU the higher the mod has more power in doing stuff like that. *Doesn't remember rules of ZD**

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
I've been learned differently from ZU the higher the mod has more power in doing stuff like that. *Doesn't remember rules of ZD**
Name changes are handled by the admin, Kyby. Just PM him. You can only ever have one name change and the forum staff reserves the right to decline. That's ZD's name change policy.

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
I'm sure you guys've gotten this before, but I'd be extremely overjoyed if you guys could be magical geniuses and make a mobile webpage/mobile app of either the Forum site, or the main page of Zelda Dungeon. I don't think you guys realize how dreadful it is for people without consistent computer access to be able to do anything on here. Basically, what I'm trying to say is: the browsers on mobile devices suck, and we'd like a mobile site.

David

But you called me here...
I'm sure you guys've gotten this before, but I'd be extremely overjoyed if you guys could be magical geniuses and make a mobile webpage/mobile app of either the Forum site, or the main page of Zelda Dungeon. I don't think you guys realize how dreadful it is for people without consistent computer access to be able to do anything on here. Basically, what I'm trying to say is: the browsers on mobile devices suck, and we'd like a mobile site.

Mobile sites are a huge project and cannot be made very easily. There are vBulletin mobile themes, but none of them are very good. If we were to do a mobile theme, we'd make it work with the entire site. Also, mobile browsers are actually pretty decent browsers. If you are using an Android, grab Dolphin (if not on Ice Cream Sandwich) or even Google Chrome Beta (for Ice Cream Sandwich). If you are on an iPod, grab Dolphin or one of the other more powerful browsers than Safari. Lifehacker has some great articles for those, just do a Google search for them.

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
The Mobile website is something that Caleb and I have discussed extensively recently and over the years. At this point in time we've made the conscious decision not to go forward with that. Something along those lines is gigantic project and it's something that we think our resources can be better spent improving other aspects of the website.

Perhaps for the forums specifically we can look at simple vbulletin modifications. I think there is stuff for it, but I've never personally seen it implemented.

G

Goht

A suggestion

I've been thinking, there should like, be an official Zelda Dungeon Chatroom.
Personally, I am very active in PurpleSurge IRC, so having a channel on PurpleSurge would be great.
Thank you for reading my suggestion :)

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
I've been thinking, there should like, be an official Zelda Dungeon Chatroom.
Personally, I am very active in PurpleSurge IRC, so having a channel on PurpleSurge would be great.
Thank you for reading my suggestion :)

Hi there! We do in fact have a shoutbox, however the requirements are 50 posts and a post in the last 24 hours. When you have that, you should be able to view the shoutbox. :)

This has already been put out there before, however, I endorse gender symbols next to poster's name to avoid confusion. This has been especially truly of some females with more masculine related user names.

Also, I think the top poster bar should be removed completely as some people simply seem to want to accumulate posts to be shown there. This is especially true of spammers in the Forum Games subforum. >_>

Kybyrian

This has already been put out there before, however, I endorse gender symbols next to poster's name to avoid confusion. This has been especially truly of some females with more masculine related user names.

Also, I think the top poster bar should be removed completely as some people simply seem to want to accumulate posts to be shown there. This is especially true of spammers in the Forum Games subforum. >_>

I've added gender to the information displayed in your post. I'll work on adding a symbol here in a little bit.

As for the forum games, we really don't have a concern with that. It still helps with some things, and we know who is a spammer and who is not. I don't think the little "competitions" going on is a harmful thing.

I've added gender to the information displayed in your post. I'll work on adding a symbol here in a little bit.

As for the forum games, we really don't have a concern with that. It still helps with some things, and we know who is a spammer and who is not. I don't think the little "competitions" going on is a harmful thing.

Okay, I think there should be a way to withhold your gender completely, I know some people would like to do that.

You know, the tricky ones who like to trick people about their gender.

Kybyrian

Okay, I think there should be a way to withhold your gender completely, I know some people would like to do that.

You know, the tricky ones who like to trick people about their gender.

That's silly, but yeah you can choose to not display your gender at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom