• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

Night Owl

~Momentai
Is it possible to remove the full page ads from appearing? I just find it annoying as it pops up when I'm browsing the and I can't get to the x to close it. I'm on a netbook so that could be the problem.

~Mizuki~

ALWAYS LEAVE BOX 5 OPEN
I actually had this idea for awhile. Can there be an forum section for the GCC entries? On other forums I've been on, there is a section for GCCs like the discussion, the entry (theme), then the voting.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
I've seen a lot of this, but a lot of members post questions that could be solved by asking another member. I understand that they are new and won't know much, but how about getting the new members to see a rule saying that there shouldn't be any questions like that posted on a forum? Just a thought I came up with.
The welcome PM sent to all new members has links to the rules and FAQs. I just added in some clarification about forum questions though, as I have noticed this problem as well. Unfortunately, getting people to actually read notices about rules is about as hard as getting them to read the rules themselves. The welcome PM is sent out to every new member that registers though, so that's as close as we can get.

Is it possible to remove the full page ads from appearing? I just find it annoying as it pops up when I'm browsing the and I can't get to the x to close it. I'm on a netbook so that could be the problem.
The site staff has already discussed the ads, and users should be able to avoid getting the ads at all by installing ad blocker extensions for whatever browser they are using. I'm not the most tech-savvy individual though, that's David's department.

I actually had this idea for awhile. Can there be an forum section for the GCC entries? On other forums I've been on, there is a section for GCCs like the discussion, the entry (theme), then the voting.
The community competitions are not a large enough thing to require their own subforums. The current system of stickying the threads in the general fan works board suffices for the few CC threads that exist.

Last edited:

David

But you called me here...
instead of bringing rep back you should just have thumbs up and thumbs down

If people don't want the reputation system to return, we can look into alternatives. We are currently doing a poll regarding the future of the reputation system. Please put your comments and discussion in that thread.

For all new games there should be a spoiler sub forums to prevent spoiling the people who don't want to be spoiled, I feel like the spoiler prefix doesn't work especially since there are spoilers in the titles too. Then once the games release or a year passes after the spoiler post the fourm & sub forum could mix. Too lat for SS but could work for Zelda 3d or Wii u. Meant to post this earlier but wasn't online because of SS.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
For all new games there should be a spoiler sub forums to prevent spoiling the people who don't want to be spoiled, I feel like the spoiler prefix doesn't work especially since there are spoilers in the titles too. Then once the games release or a year passes after the spoiler post the fourm & sub forum could mix. Too lat for SS but could work for Zelda 3d or Wii u. Meant to post this earlier but wasn't online because of SS.
Mods routinely patrol new threads and we have been removing spoilers from titles as we see them. The entire SS section is a spoiler hazard, so people who don't want to be spoiled simply have to avoid the section. Unfortunately, spoiler titles can still be seen in the What's New tab, but the same problem would apply to any spoiler subsection too, so a spoiler subsection really won't help.

Don't know if anybody has suggested this yet, or if there's a way to stop it, but can you make it so that you don't automatically get logged out of your account if you're idle for 15+ minutes?

There's a checkbox at the top of the page when you log in, says "Remember me". It sets a cookie so when the session expires you'll still stay logged in. If that's not working still, make sure you allow cookies from zeldadungeon.net.

Also I see ZD has gone away with reputation system so I purpose a new system, the tri-force system. We rate the comments that seem to be curageous so say what they believwho stead of bandwagon, we also rate the wisdom of that post and if it had a powerful message &/or after thought, you could only rate them on one of the three parts of the triforce.

So if someone liked this comment because it truly hit them they'd give me a piece of power, if another person liked it because it was out of the box thinking or explained something they were confused about they'd give me a piece of wisdom likewise if someone like the post for it being out there where no-one has gone before they'd give me a piece of courage. Then where the hearts were in the rep system there is a power/wisdom/courage counter to show which force that member is more part of.

Also whoever has the most pieces of power gets the triforce of power above the counter, 2nd would get din's pear, 3rd would get the fire spiritual stone, 4th could get the red tunic and i'm pretty sire you could guess what'll whoever has the highest wisdom & courage pieces get. Or they could get this stuff after so many pieces of their highest force.

David

But you called me here...
Also I see ZD has gone away with reputation system so I purpose a new system, the tri-force system. We rate the comments that seem to be curageous so say what they believwho stead of bandwagon, we also rate the wisdom of that post and if it had a powerful message &/or after thought, you could only rate them on one of the three parts of the triforce.

So if someone liked this comment because it truly hit them they'd give me a piece of power, if another person liked it because it was out of the box thinking or explained something they were confused about they'd give me a piece of wisdom likewise if someone like the post for it being out there where no-one has gone before they'd give me a piece of courage. Then where the hearts were in the rep system there is a power/wisdom/courage counter to show which force that member is more part of.

Also whoever has the most pieces of power gets the triforce of power above the counter, 2nd would get din's pear, 3rd would get the fire spiritual stone, 4th could get the red tunic and i'm pretty sire you could guess what'll whoever has the highest wisdom & courage pieces get. Or they could get this stuff after so many pieces of their highest force.

This system would take far too much to implement, plus I don't really understand what you're saying. As far as a reputation system replacement, we've realized that there really isn't a need for one any longer, as we haven't really seen a significant drop in posting quality. If there is enough demand at a future date for a new form of reputation system, we can look at alternatives. As for the system that you've suggested, we don't want to head that direction. Thanks for offering your ideas though and I hope that you're enjoying your time here at the forums.

free1nibiru

Mason
I followed the video walkthrough for Link's Awakening and found it to be extremely thorough. I would love to see video walkthroughs for all the Zelda titles!

OcarinalinkLOZ

Your Link to the Past
Hyrule in the winter, Canada in the summer
I followed the video walkthrough for Link's Awakening and found it to be extremely thorough. I would love to see video walkthroughs for all the Zelda titles!

In regards to this, I'm sure the staff would also love to have video walkthroughs for every game. However, time constraints and commitment to other areas of the site make the production of video walkthroughs a challenge. Give the guys some time and I'm sure we will see some more video walkthroughs in future.

zellinkda

one of many
I don't know if someone's already suggested this, but what if we put the "welcome our new members, and birthdays" at the top of the screen where we can all see it! that way, we can see when there's a new birthday or new member. not everyone scrolls down to the bottom of the page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom