• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

Zelda's_Child

~Insert Epicness Here~
I don't really have a suggestion, but I feel this new header layout is too cramped. I guess I'll get used to the change in time, but at the moment, I feel overwhelmed with the amount of things along the header. I guess it's a little messy, in my eyes.

I also don't really like the fact that the website now has a Pokemon Dungeon. This is a Zelda site, and should always stay that way. Although, I would like to hear about why these things were changed, but it doesn't matter. I understand the need/want to include the other games and options in the header, but I don't like it that much.

David

But you called me here...
I don't really have a suggestion, but I feel this new header layout is too cramped. I guess I'll get used to the change in time, but at the moment, I feel overwhelmed with the amount of things along the header. I guess it's a little messy, in my eyes.

I also don't really like the fact that the website now has a Pokemon Dungeon. This is a Zelda site, and should always stay that way. Although, I would like to hear about why these things were changed, but it doesn't matter. I understand the need/want to include the other games and options in the header, but I don't like it that much.

The header will probably stay the same. Its the most efficient way to get all of the games listed, with buttons, and make it look good. I personally really like it. But yeah, for most, it will probably take some getting used to.

Pokemon Dungeon is its own thing entirely. The only meshing of the two sites is the Forums, and the Network. Zelda Dungeon does not contain Pokemon Dungeon nor vice versa. Pokemon Dungeon is also run by almost an entirely different staff (with the exception of myself, Wyatt, Xinnamin, and a few others). If you don't like the Pokemon Forums here, there is an option to hide them, just click on the little arrow on the index page next to the Pokemon Forums.

dazzsheil

All Hail Shadow
A little Idea: You should implement in the V20.2 Update a Notification Bar like facebook(So if your anywhere on ZD or in Fact,PD you just see a little Triforce are have Navi shout hey,which could be turned on or off,you just click the Triforce and you'll be taken to what that Notification relates to!) And have a Quick Button with your Profile name on it (e.g dazzsheil) so if your reading a post on the ZD Home page and want to get to your profile quickly you could do that*I know that that is not forum related but it is an idea for the future)

David

A little Idea: You should implement in the V20.2 Update a Notification Bar like facebook(So if your anywhere on ZD or in Fact,PD you just see a little Triforce are have Navi shout hey,which could be turned on or off,you just click the Triforce and you'll be taken to what that Notification relates to!) And have a Quick Button with your Profile name on it (e.g dazzsheil) so if your reading a post on the ZD Home page and want to get to your profile quickly you could do that*I know that that is not forum related but it is an idea for the future)

We can't do that. The notifications that you are thinking of are forum and site specific. We'd have to run queries on multiple sites to get that to work. Its a nice idea, but hitting the refresh button on the forums here will work just as well.

This is not really a ZD question but a Dungeon Enterprises or whatever it is called. Are you going to make things like Mario Dungeon, Sonic Dungeon, or, in short, dungeons on the more popular video game series or just a surprise? I hope this will not raise any horrible results as an outcome of asking this.

David

This is not really a ZD question but a Dungeon Enterprises or whatever it is called. Are you going to make things like Mario Dungeon, Sonic Dungeon, or, in short, dungeons on the more popular video game series or just a surprise? I hope this will not raise any horrible results as an outcome of asking this.

You're banned for asking such a ridiculous question. loljk

We have some plans in store for some more games, but I cannot give you any more details than that, as they are secret and very much under development.

I would like to suggest that you update the twitter page more often. Like whenever there is a post on the main page there should imminently be a tweet about it. If it is delayed that kinda defeats the purpose of it entirely. Most people use twitter for quick updates and if twitter is not up to date there is no point in it.

You're banned for asking such a ridiculous question. loljk

We have some plans in store for some more games, but I cannot give you any more details than that, as they are secret and very much under development.
Thanks for the awnswer and you actually made my stomach flip when you said I was banned until loljk.
Thank you the awnswer and scary humor.

David

I would like to suggest that you update the twitter page more often. Like whenever there is a post on the main page there should imminently be a tweet about it. If it is delayed that kinda defeats the purpose of it entirely. Most people use twitter for quick updates and if twitter is not up to date there is no point in it.

Unless we install a plugin of sorts to ZD's home page, "Immediate" updates will not happen. However, the Twitter team has expressed interest in utilizing one of these plugins and using Twitter more personally for things that can be more fun to the viewers. As for right now, we cannot publish them immediately, as the team doesn't have the time to do immediate updates, but we will probably look into an automaton plugin to do that for them.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
There are also a few bugs in the reputation area, also. If you move you're mouse over somebody's hearts you'll just get "Reputation" instead of "Is a Goron" or "Has touched the Triforce." In addition, if you look at your User Control Panel the hearts or skulls for the reputation list won't show. You're probably working on it already, but in case not I'm only letting you know.

As for the hearts and skulls not showing up in your Control Panel, try deleting your cache, things like this are usually a problem with cache. I can see the images just fine.

When I view the user control panel, the GET request for the rep_pos1.png image returns a 404 error.

EDIT: The request should be for rep_pospro.png. I imagine this is what's causing the problem Thareous is having as well.

Last edited:

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
When I view the user control panel, the GET request for the rep_pos1.png image returns a 404 error.

EDIT: The request should be for rep_pospro.png. I imagine this is what's causing the problem Thareous is having as well.
lol I didn't actually know what was causing the problem, but it was a really easy fix. It should be working now.

As for the rep rank messages, yeah I have no idea what is actually causing that particular problem and frankly, neither do Wyatt or David :/

We'll keep looking for you guys.

The menu for the Market tab seems pointless to me. The drop down has a link to the market, when the whole tab could be a link, like "What's New?" For example, replace

HTML:
<a style="background:transparent url(images/misc/arrow.png) no-repeat right center; padding-right: 15px" class="popupctrl navtab" href="javascript://" id="yui-gen13">Market</a>

with

HTML:
<a href="market.php" class="navtab">Market</a>

As on the market.php page itself.

About the new template, I did discover what was the whole issue with the clashing of the fonts Verdana and Tahoma... So, like, it's only in links. A link can be formatted as much as you like, but after it's been clicked a followed link automatically reverts back to verdana. I'm not too great with coding, so I would really have no clue what is wrong there, but... hopefully what I said made sense...

If you need a picture, I have to find a link that I have not yet clicked, so... Take the link in Thaerous's signature, for example. There is a link to his blog in his signature, formatted into the font, Arial.
Before I click it:
sc5rlu.png

And after I click it:
344qosh.png

There is a definite change in fonts. It's a small thing, so you don't have to fix it right away... probably should resolve more significant problems with the layout if there are any.

And, haha, Kitsu... I was thinking about that a while ago. xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom