• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

i have a quick question, is there an option to where we can change our user names? Or is the name that we have is the one that we are cursed to stick with?

Big Octo

=^)
i have a quick question, is there an option to where we can change our user names? Or is the name that we have is the one that we are cursed to stick with?
You can ask an admin or mod to change it for you. They seem to only change it on specific occasions, such as if you're a very new user and you didn't like your name, or if you just desperately want it to be changed.

Last edited:
i dont mean to be bashful or anything like that, but couldnt it be an option? Like once every so-n-so months?

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
The reason name changes are limited is because it causes confusion if too many members suddenly decide they want to be called something else. New users are allowed to have a name change because they haven't established themselves well enough yet for it to matter, and the only other exceptions we really give is if an individual has become well known enough by another name, usually their real name, that confusion can be avoided with a formal name change,

in ZU, not trying to make the same site or anything, just asking a question, if a member would change their name, a user could scroll over the other users name to see what previous names they were. Reguardless, what i was asking was there isnt really an oltion to change names because of confusion?

Majora's Cat

How about that
I wanted to make some suggestions not only for the forums, but for the main site as well.

First thing on my agenda is fixing some Article Writer usergroup glitches. AWs cannot view other members or their own MixPods. Secondly, the "Top Posters of the Day" is missing. Finally, the Restricted area of Zelda Dungeon is no longer available to Article Writers. I hope these issues will be addressed soon.

Next thing wanted to mention is about the front page. May I suggest there be a sidebar (along with the affiliates list and FaceBook likes, possibly below the Featured News section) that includes all recent changes or updates done to walkthroughs and other not-front-page sections of the Zelda Dungeon site. What I mean by this is basically everything except for front page news posts, just a little update sidebar. If it's not able to be accomplished (or if it isn't feasible), I'll understand.

And the third thing I want to say isn't really main site or forum related. In fact, I suggest that Zelda Dungeon try to gain full support from much smaller and less important forums/sites. I think it would be a strategic move for Zelda Dungeon's forum to merge with much smaller forums that are in desperate need of activity. This would make ZD larger and help it expand a little bit. And I also suggest making amends with larger forums, even with all the differences and disputes ZD has had with Zelda Informer and Zelda Universe. It would increase the site's publicity, and ZU and ZI people would actually want to join ZD if this site was endorsed on the other two major non-official Zelda sites.

Last but certainly not least, it might be a good idea to feature less-than-serious front page posts. There are already enough news posts and Skyward Sword updates circulating at the moment. There really should be something to lighten the mood, not to mention that the main site would get a hell of a lot of traffic. I don't think ZD's reputation of being a very serious and trustworthy news source would be tarnished because of humorous posts... if done in moderation.

Those are all of my suggestions for now. Hope no one finds them too far-fetched.

Last edited:

Kybyrian

Majora's Cat said:
First thing on my agenda is fixing some Article Writer usergroup glitches. AWs cannot view other members or their own MixPods. Secondly, the "Top Posters of the Day" is missing. Finally, the Restricted area of Zelda Dungeon is no longer available to Article Writers. I hope these issues will be addressed soon.

All Article Writers should be able to do these things now.

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
I suggest making a notification if someone posts on your blog. All too often I post a blog and forget about it, and then people post on it and I can't tell. Is it possible?

David

But you called me here...
I suggest making a notification if someone posts on your blog. All too often I post a blog and forget about it, and then people post on it and I can't tell. Is it possible?

Unfortunately, this is not possible as of yet. We have looked into it in the past, and there is still no solution. For this to happen vBulletin will have to update the suite to include notifications for this. For now, you'll just have to check your blog for new posts every so often. Sorry about the inconvenience, as I wish that it was possible too.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
There is something I would like to have been added a long time ago. Yes, it might seem like taking after ZU, and I intend for zero animosity in this statement. I suggest a link be placed at the bottom of each article so that we can travel between posts with more relative ease. I feel it'll inspire people to comment more, above all, and altogether facilitate passage from one to the other.

David

There is something I would like to have been added a long time ago. Yes, it might seem like taking after ZU, and I intend for zero animosity in this statement. I suggest a link be placed at the bottom of each article so that we can travel between posts with more relative ease. I feel it'll inspire people to comment more, above all, and altogether facilitate passage from one to the other.

We're actually going to work on that in the very near future. Some of the new layout issues are more important than this right now. But it will happen.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'd like to suggest a change to the username change requirements.

I realize that it is confusing for everyone to change their names and what not, because face it, people will change just for the sake of changing. But, for people that have established themselves, for example they've been on ZD for a year plus, but their username doesn't cause any problems such as racial issues/gender differences/whatever...why would it still be a problem for one change? They're already established within the userbase, and a quick but simple explanation as to who they are wouldn't be too troublesome. Heck, people could still call me Vanitas were my name changed to ChrisRedfield. It doesn't pay attention to the username change, yes, but I'm still the same person.

Basically, if I am well established, have been a member for a certain amount of time (6 months+ perhaps?), and want a username change...I would like to have it.

Last edited:

David

I'd like to suggest a change to the username change requirements.

I realize that it is confusing for everyone to change their names and what not, because face it, people will change just for the sake of changing. But, for people that have established themselves, for example they've been on ZD for a year plus, but their username doesn't cause any problems such as racial issues/gender differences/whatever...why would it still be a problem for one change? They're already established within the userbase, and a quick but simple explanation as to who they are wouldn't be too troublesome. Heck, people could still call me Vanitas were my name changed to ChrisRedfield. It doesn't pay attention to the username change, yes, but I'm still the same person.

Basically, if I am well established, have been a member for a certain amount of time (6 months+ perhaps?), and want a username change...I would like to have it.

Very well. We have removed that time requirement. However, we, the administrative/moderation staff, reserve the right to deny any and all name changes, should we feel the need.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Thank you so much, ZD staffers, for taking it into consideration!
I respect your right to deny requests; I wouldn't want everyone getting a namechange either, even if name changing is trivial, in large amounts it could become stressing. :xd:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom