• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

Austin

Austin
I'm not too keen on forum software (aside from the easy end user stuff like Forumotion or other free hosting forums), neither do I know if this has been asked about (somewhere it has to have been), but is there any way to improve search results? As they are right now, doing a general search gives way too many results. Perhaps VMs could be restricted to a specified search, so that finding an already existing thread could be much easier? Again I'm sorry if this has been brought up or if it is impossible for you to change due to ZD's forum software.

I can try and improve it using what vBulletin has for built in stuff. However, the search function itself is buggy. I may consider writing a plugin or looking for one that improves it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I personally think that we should have an icon above avatars and below names like for mods and article writers, for artists and authors. But, they should be only recognized by a group, like a vote. People who are "famous" on ZD for there stories and artwork such as Ganondork and Linknerd09, should be recognized with the icon.

basically like an icon for people who are good at something, and a larg number of others think that they should be recognized for it.

I don't want to cram the area with tons and tons of icons. We could consider doing small 25x25px for random stuff. If you're talking about staff icons, I like to keep it to a minimal.

Okay, I was wondering if the ZD site staff were going to redo the market section of the forums.
I remeber when you could buy masks and other things for points last year and then the market went into a development type stage.
Now you can only get magic keys....
Is the site staff planning to update this section at all?
I would love to new items available for sale.
Just wondering if you had any plans for this.
Other than that, the site is fantastic!
Well done!

If it is being done, I'm not doing it. That is my guess why it was shut down. It may have been shut down due to server related issues or whatever. I'll have to ask around and see whats going on.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
Hey guys,

I thought there was a thread dedicated to the idea of a ZD Mobile App. For some reason, I can't find that thread. But I want to make the suggestion of a mobile version of the website and/or a ZD app for smart-phones. This would be a great way to get some publicity for not only the website, but for the forums so our forum community can grow.

If you don't want to/ can't do this, it's all cool. But I just think it would be a great idea.

~ZH

Might I suggest a some kind of quirky news thread? It could be like a sticky that allows ZD users to post interesting stories happening around the world. The news should only consist of pop-culture or something like the 5.9 magnitude earthquake whose "epicenter" was in Virginia, but could be felt as far away as Michigan, yesterday (Aug. 23). The stories users post might also help spark new ideas for threads in the General Chitchat section of ZD. :yes: I was thinking about starting one myself, but I think a Moderator would be much better suited for the job. ^^

arkvoodle

Diabolical
Might I suggest a some kind of quirky news thread? It could be like a sticky that allows ZD users to post interesting stories happening around the world. The news should only consist of pop-culture or something like the 5.9 magnitude earthquake whose "epicenter" was in Virginia, but could be felt as far away as Michigan, yesterday (Aug. 23). The stories users post might also help spark new ideas for threads in the General Chitchat section of ZD. :yes: I was thinking about starting one myself, but I think a Moderator would be much better suited for the job. ^^

TV exists for a reason. As do newspapers, google news, and various other news sites. It's a nice idea, but with countless other resources out there, rather pointless.

Also, suggestion. Is there any way we can limit the IRC to ZD users only? It's annoying when non-forum members show up.

You don't need to be logged into the forums at all. You can also access it just by knowing the chat's name, and by clicking the chat button at the top of the site, which will connect you to the main Zelda chat and ours as well.

Mune

I hate everyone equally.
I'm new here, so my opinion most likely does not matter what so ever, but I think it would be quite smart to, rather than giving MM it's own forum, adding "MM" to the OOT forum (labling the forum as "OoT and MM" or such.

I think so because the Classic Zelda forum is literally knee deep in MM topics.

Sabel27

Advanced Ocarinaist
Hello there, ZD Forums. I have a quick question.

Do you think that you could add some more items to the Market? Just a couple? It's just that all of us members have so many points, and there's not much to do with them. Especially if we keep on accumulating points so quickly. If you could at least raise the price on the Market items a bit, I would be satisfied~

Sincerely,
Sabel27

Last edited:

David

But you called me here...
Hello there, ZD Forums. I have a quick question.

Do you think that you could add some more items to the Market? Just a couple? It's just that all of us members have so many points, and there's not much to do with them. Especially if we keep on accumulating points so quickly. If you could at least raise the price on the Market items a bit, I would be satisfied~

Sincerely,
Sabel27

Justin is currently working on a very large site project right now. For new things to be added to the market, it would take Justin quite a bit of time to get them in there. I imagine that there might be some things that the site might do with the Market in the future, but as of right now, there aren't any plans for the market. A few months ago, we used it for a collection of Masks, but I recall that we ran into issues with that system, so we had to retract all of the purchases. Now, the market is mostly for the User Title styling. While that's kind of lame for a full market, its what we have.

I

I am link

Zelda Dungeon App

I think zelda dungeon should have an app for iPod/iPad app.:) reply if you aggree :D

Would it be possible for the user title glows to become visible on Internet Explorer? Obviously, it would be a low priority, but if you're capable of doing it, please do at some point in time.

David

But you called me here...
Would it be possible for the user title glows to become visible on Internet Explorer? Obviously, it would be a low priority, but if you're capable of doing it, please do at some point in time.

Its impossible. Text glows are a CSS3 attribute that Internet Explorer just doesn't support. We've been saying for months to just get Firefox or Chrome, or some other browser that supports it. Internet Explorer just won't do it. And.... Internet Explorer sucks, a lot. Get Firefox or Chrome. Both are free and are extremely easy to use and get used to.

Ok, I lied. Its not impossible. But, its way too complex to get it to work with vBulliten. The method involves using some old CSS hacks, but even then, they don't render properly at all. (Trust me, I've attempted with text shadows in IE. They render completely messed up and ugly like, even with the same settings.)

Last edited:

Big Octo

=^)
May I suggest a Sticky Thread in the Modern Zelda section explaining why there's no Four Swords coverage? This way, users that don't know why wil stop making threads that ask the question. It's seems like a quick, helpful thing that can be added on.

Austin

Austin
May I suggest a Sticky Thread in the Modern Zelda section explaining why there's no Four Swords coverage? This way, users that don't know why wil stop making threads that ask the question. It's seems like a quick, helpful thing that can be added on.

No need to! Those projects are being worked on as we speak! There will be section added hopefully before 2012!

Strangelove

Somewhere
I have a suggestion/ Question : Is it possible for the forums to get a Gender Neutral under the profiles to go with the Male/ Female Options?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom