• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

Austin

Austin
I talked to Locke about this:

Locke told me Moderators are able to Customize their Blogs. I think this feature should be available to all users, not just Mods. Or, at least make it so the blogs and profiles are connected somehow and whatever changes you make to your profile happen to your blog (i.e. The backgrounds for both your Blogs and Profile are the same) Could that be pulled off?

I was thinking about this and I wanted to reserve it for HK, HN's as a motivational factor. I fear if we open it to everyone, we'll get lots of weird looking blogs that are hard to read. It also leads to moderation of the blogs for such factors. However, I'll keep the idea open

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
I was thinking about this and I wanted to reserve it for HK, HN's as a motivational factor. I fear if we open it to everyone, we'll get lots of weird looking blogs that are hard to read. It also leads to moderation of the blogs for such factors. However, I'll keep the idea open
Well, to keep the crazy blogs from happening, why not make it so you can only edit so much. Like, you can have an image for the background, but you can only choose colors for the side-bar/the other stuff. You know what I mean?

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
Also, I think someone (me) should make a tutorial on how to customize your profile, if that doesn't already exist. ^^ :yes: Should I? Because I'd be more than happy to contribute to the forums be making a tutorial! :yes:

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm not too keen on forum software (aside from the easy end user stuff like Forumotion or other free hosting forums), neither do I know if this has been asked about (somewhere it has to have been), but is there any way to improve search results? As they are right now, doing a general search gives way too many results. Perhaps VMs could be restricted to a specified search, so that finding an already existing thread could be much easier? Again I'm sorry if this has been brought up or if it is impossible for you to change due to ZD's forum software.

I'm not too keen on forum software (aside from the easy end user stuff like Forumotion or other free hosting forums), neither do I know if this has been asked about (somewhere it has to have been), but is there any way to improve search results? As they are right now, doing a general search gives way too many results. Perhaps VMs could be restricted to a specified search, so that finding an already existing thread could be much easier? Again I'm sorry if this has been brought up or if it is impossible for you to change due to ZD's forum software.

If you go to Advanced Search, there is many more options to specify your search. You can search by category (VM, Thread, Group, etc.), username, and several other things. It is a nice feature for just such a purpose.;)

amaterasu

Writer
I personally think that we should have an icon above avatars and below names like for mods and article writers, for artists and authors. But, they should be only recognized by a group, like a vote. People who are "famous" on ZD for there stories and artwork such as Ganondork and Linknerd09, should be recognized with the icon.

basically like an icon for people who are good at something, and a larg number of others think that they should be recognized for it.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
I personally think that we should have an icon above avatars and below names like for mods and article writers, for artists and authors. But, they should be only recognized by a group, like a vote. People who are "famous" on ZD for there stories and artwork such as Ganondork and Linknerd09, should be recognized with the icon.

basically like an icon for people who are good at something, and a larg number of others think that they should be recognized for it.

That...would just get so confusing...and troublesome...and potentially abused (looking at you Josh).

The current member group images exist for a reason.

OcarinalinkLOZ

Your Link to the Past
Hyrule in the winter, Canada in the summer
Okay, I was wondering if the ZD site staff were going to redo the market section of the forums.
I remeber when you could buy masks and other things for points last year and then the market went into a development type stage.
Now you can only get magic keys....
Is the site staff planning to update this section at all?
I would love to new items available for sale.
Just wondering if you had any plans for this.
Other than that, the site is fantastic!
Well done!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom