• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

The hall of fame is nothing related the golden rupee awards. It does not have a link on the home page of the forums, a different person is put in each catagory every year, it has different catagorys all together, once your in the hall of fame you are remembered forever unless you get removed from it which is can happen in only one way, it is easier to get into the Golden Rupee awards, you are more likely to be in the Golden Rupee Awards, you can be in the golden rupee awards any time while in the hall of fame you have to be a member for five years, the hall of fame is one of the greatest honors in the real world just as an internet hall of fame would be. I have showed you how different a hall of fame is from the Golden Rupee awards. I will add one more rule to be in the hall of fame.
Rule number 4. You must have won been elected in the golden rupee awards a least once.

David

But you called me here...
Hylian Noble - Hylian Noble's serve as the Hall of Fame members of the community. The criteria to become a Hylian Noble is very strict, and it is quite rare for a member to become a Noble. This ranking is often times reserved for members who have made long-standing contributions to the forum as a member, and in some cases as a forum staff member. While Nobles are not perfect members, they are held at the highest regard and are expected to hold strong the integrity of the forum. Once a member becomes a Noble, there is no strict activity requirements to remain a Noble. Rather, Noble requirements are usually lifetime appointments, with the only exceptions being if they completely leave the community for a very extended period of time, or if an action is made that is outside the character of what a Noble is defined as.

The Hylian Noble ranks automatically serve as ZD's "Hall of Fame."

http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?15028-The-Forum-User-Group-Code

And the Hylian Knights could also, in a sense, be considered part of the Hall of Fame as well, as there are requirements that need to be met and kept. There is also no cap to the amount of users in either group. There just need to be some requirements that are met.

MightyGhirahim

WORSHIP ME!!!
my only objection to that is the "member for 5 years" part. I think that you must be a member for a year, not 5 years. I think that might be too long, but that is just my opinion.

my only objection to that is the "member for 5 years" part. I think that you must be a member for a year, not 5 years. I think that might be too long, but that is just my opinion.
I could be changed to 1 1/2. But maybe they could make a link on the home page and it has the requirements to become a Hylian Noble and a list of hylian nobles that stay on the list no matter what. As my post stated anybody can become one. So all the things I said above still count but being a hylian noble and entering the hall of fame because they already are in the hall of fame.

David

I could be changed to 1 1/2. But maybe they could make a link on the home page and it has the requirements to become a Hylian Noble and a list of hylian nobles that stay on the list no matter what. As my post stated anybody can become one. So all the things I said above still count but being a hylian noble and entering the hall of fame because they already are in the hall of fame.

Technically, anyone, as long as they meet the requirements, can be a Hylian Noble or a Hylian Knight. There's no point to having a Hall of Fame, when we already have one.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
A way to see New Threads by date created since you last Login.

If there's already a way to do this please tell me how.

David

Okay. Thank you for the explaination Hero of Music.

Just so you know, its not a bad idea. We just already have a system to reward our quality and most faithful members. I wasn't trying to be rude at all.

There should be a button at the top of the forums that says "What's New?" That should let you see all new posts since the last time you logged in.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
Just so you know, its not a bad idea. We just already have a system to reward our quality and most faithful members. I wasn't trying to be rude at all.

There should be a button at the top of the forums that says "What's New?" That should let you see all new posts since the last time you logged in.
Thanks for that but not what I was talking about.

To explain better say I log on August 9th and log back in on the 15th and I only want see the Threads that were created(not posted in) between my log out and log in.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
It appears my badge idea is being burried within the pages of this thread. I'm not complaining but I would like to know what people think of it. :3

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Infractions for spamming and trolling already exist, in multiple levels of severity. Forum Games is one of the least moderated boards due to the nature of the discussions there. It's sort of a runoff where members can post things that are not allowed in other boards. However, even Forum Games has some rules, and if things get problematic feel free to report the issues so a mod can take care of it.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I was wondering if it's possible to let us customize groups like we do with our profiles? I think it would be a really great idea. So that way your group could have a certain feeling to it.

Austin

Austin
May I sugggest a ZD Hall of Fame? It has the members who contributed the most to ZD. If it was in the forums, the walkthrough parts, and members who stayed here the longest. They only have to do one of those to get nominated. People like Mases could go in the hall of fame because he created ZD and stayed here for six years. It could be in the quick links. The voting would be based on those things. Members who deleted their accounts, if they were in the hall of fame, stay in the hall of fame. The hall of fame would be like this:
Username
Date nominated
Reason for being in the Hall of Fame
Date profile deleted (If account is deleted.)

Anybody could be in the hall of fame. No matter how low their reputation.
Rules:
1. You must have been a member for five years to be in it.
2.Any Member, Administrator, Moderator, Hylian Noble, Hylian Knight, Staff member, Super Moderator, or Hylian Prince (That means you, Josh.)can be in if they followed the rules.
3.If you take advantage of being in the hall of fame, you will be removed from it. Example:Member 1: Hey Member 2!
Member 2: I'm in the hall of fame and your not!
Member 1: Cool but you don't have to brag about it.
Member 2: That means you are loser.
Moderator's Private message to member 2: You have been removed from the hall of fame due to mocking others about it. You will also recieve a 2nd degree flaming infraction as well.
Sorry if this already has been suggested. Thank you for taking the time to read my post and think about it.

We have Hylian Knights and Nobles for such a cause. However, if you wish to set up your own awards/fame thread, feel free! I always like threads praising forum members.

Okay, I think I have an idea.

So I am sure you all agree that aside from the user title glows and colours, the market doesn't really have much to offer. Well I have an idea that may change that.

You see, I was peering over my dad's shoulder whilst he was on this random website. It had a market type system, like we do. But you could buy things called "user badges." Basically you had an avatar for a person, then maybe a user title and some info about posts and whatnot, but then there were these little icons that personalized their profile.

User badges are little icons in the shape of what they represent and can be purchased using a market type system. The examples of the ones I saw on this other site include: Harry Potter houses, religion, parent of so many children, what bands you like, world flags, books/games/films you are into and more.

And obviously this being a Zelda site we could have even more! Perhaps ones to do with which game we like/have completed etc. There are a lot of possible ideas for user badges out there. I just think it would be a nice way to personalize our profiles and put some more good things in the market.

It's already been talked about. I plan to do it when I get a chance. That would require more coding/work then you may think. Its easy to do it in photoshop, but to get it to work without bugs is a different story. I apologize for the long reply. It has been a busy summer for me.

There is a link to new posts, but it won't list all posts/threads since you last logged in. Just the latest of the day you're online.

I was wondering if it's possible to let us customize groups like we do with our profiles? I think it would be a really great idea. So that way your group could have a certain feeling to it.

As of now, there is not. This feature would have to be done by vBulletin versus me doing it. It would take me way too long to set it up.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
I talked to Locke about this:

Locke told me Moderators are able to Customize their Blogs. I think this feature should be available to all users, not just Mods. Or, at least make it so the blogs and profiles are connected somehow and whatever changes you make to your profile happen to your blog (i.e. The backgrounds for both your Blogs and Profile are the same) Could that be pulled off?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom