• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Is it possible for someone to fix my rep? I just got bad rep for "double posting" in this thread-http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showt...-Getting-how-Does-It-Work&p=226545#post226545

I just posted twice because the person with the question wanted to find out about games at the time. Why should I have to edit my post to add to it when I want the person with the question to know that I have more to say so that way he is informed. Which by the way wasn't even double posting. It's called posting more then once in a thread.

Last edited:

LANZZ

Scarecrow
Any mods should make a new sticky thread called ZD Image Gallery Achive, in Restricted > Private Boards > Site Projects...

In this thread, ZD members can post any pictures that should be add to ZD Gallery; like Box-Arts, Official Wallpapers, Manual Scans, Official Artworks, Strategy Guide scans, and otherS...

Djinn

and Tonic
Could have a Today's Posts button added? The everything posted in the last 24 hours option. The What's New is useful but too often I seem to remain logged in after leaving for a while and miss posts. Plus it would be nice to look over the bumped posts of the day quickly without having to check each and every section if I have already been to the forum once.

Also I check this place often during the day on my iPod but rarely have the time to look around at most of the new posts.. Since it counts as having been here, the what's new button updates from that point on.

Kybyrian

This switch already exists, but for some reason you only see when your logged out and it is located under the "Fourms" button.

It's still located under the "Forums" button, but under a new name. It says "New Posts" instead of "Today's Posts". It has the same function.

Could have a Today's Posts button added? The everything posted in the last 24 hours option. The What's New is useful but too often I seem to remain logged in after leaving for a while and miss posts. Plus it would be nice to look over the bumped posts of the day quickly without having to check each and every section if I have already been to the forum once.

Also I check this place often during the day on my iPod but rarely have the time to look around at most of the new posts.. Since it counts as having been here, the what's new button updates from that point on.

"What's New" at the top of the forum index has the exact same function as the "Today's Posts" link that you see when you logout and the "New Posts" link that replaces it when you log back in (located under the "Forums" button). This shows all posts that you have not read for some amount of time.

EDIT: Never mind, I noticed a small difference in the links when you log out and the one that's there when you log back in. Justin should probably replace the link in the top left of the forum index with the daily posts link, or the What's New. For now use this link instead of logging out: http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/search.php?do=getdaily&contenttype=vBForum_Post

Last edited:

LANZZ

Scarecrow
You should make flash games section for ZD. Anyone can copy these games to their website or blog for free...

1) The Legend of Zelda - Seeds of Darkness

2) The Legend of Zelda - The Lampshade of No Real Significance

3) Link Valentine's Quest

4) Zelda Flash Game

Other suggestion...

a) - Award Page (new site page) = Here, you can find any achievements that the site has won over the course of its existance...

b) - Fan Fictions Page (new site page) - ZD Fan Fiction archive. Here, you can read stories written by ZD members...

c) - "ZD on Devianart" quick button (just like Facebook, Twitter, WordPress, and Youtube quick buttons at the top of the site)...

d) - "ZD on Ustream" quick button...

e) - Any mods should make a new sticky thread called ZD Image Gallery Achive, in Restricted > Private Boards > Site Projects...

In this thread, ZD members can post any pictures that should be add to ZD Gallery; like Box-Arts, Official Wallpapers, Manual Scans, Official Artworks, Strategy Guide scans, and others...

Last edited:

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I just noticed that we have an Ocarina of Time section. Wouldn't it be easier to have a section called Zelda Games and have a bunch of sub forums to each specific game? Of course Skyward Sword could still have it's own due to being the latest unreleased and the most unknown game. Until it's release it could be added of course.

enemytracker

無情な
Inside my personal pot, killing some bugs.
What if there is a "Create custom emoticon" (Just like MSN's) on the forums? Sometimes, I find really cool smileys and emoticons on the web, but whenever I want to use it here, I have to upload it as a image, which isn't practical. It would be nice if that feature is added, so we can have a wider variety of emoticons.

Austin

Austin
I got a great idea...though its complicated

Why not have a ZD newspaper...

You can subscribe to it in the Market for a certain amount of points, at least more than 500 or 600 so that only intersted members of the Forums are able to subscribe and not having to send it to every new member.

It could be simple just like sending a PM to all subscribers. We could announce the hot thread of the week, birthdays, maaybe even a contest and perhaps a little article about anything happening in ZD or Zelda stuff.

I know it sounds complicated but im sure that if a group sets to do it, it is possible....

I sort of like this idea, but it would be difficult to manage. Who would write the articles? Who would subscribe? I'm doubtful that it'll be used that much. However, I do plan to add "toys" to the forums periodically. I may take this idea into consideration.

Any mods should make a new sticky thread called ZD Image Gallery Achive, in Restricted > Private Boards > Site Projects...

In this thread, ZD members can post any pictures that should be add to ZD Gallery; like Box-Arts, Official Wallpapers, Manual Scans, Official Artworks, Strategy Guide scans, and otherS...

If there are users with these scans/images (not already added). We could take that into consideration. I know we do something similar with screenshots.

The ability to use HTML in profiles (so if I wanted to add an embedded widget like grooveshark I could) :)

No. I don't want to risk the hazard users putting malicious/arbitrary HTML code in profiles.

You should make flash games section for ZD. Anyone can copy these games to their website or blog for free...

1) The Legend of Zelda - Seeds of Darkness

2) The Legend of Zelda - The Lampshade of No Real Significance

3) Link Valentine's Quest

4) Zelda Flash Game

These games don't really have a competitive edge to them. They seem to be adventure like. That being said, they can't really be added to the arcade due to the arcade being a competition for high score. Also, they don't seem to be compatible with our arcade plugin, and I don't have the time to hack the game or ask them to make a compatible version.

Other suggestion...

a) - Award Page (new site page) = Here, you can find any achievements that the site has won over the course of its existance...

b) - Fan Fictions Page (new site page) - ZD Fan Fiction archive. Here, you can read stories written by ZD members...

c) - "ZD on Devianart" quick button (just like Facebook, Twitter, WordPress, and Youtube quick buttons at the top of the site)...

d) - "ZD on Ustream" quick button...

e) - Any mods should make a new sticky thread called ZD Image Gallery Achive, in Restricted > Private Boards > Site Projects...

In this thread, ZD members can post any pictures that should be add to ZD Gallery; like Box-Arts, Official Wallpapers, Manual Scans, Official Artworks, Strategy Guide scans, and others...

A) We could consider, but that wont be for a while as we haven't won an award recently.

:cool: It would be tedious to update. We have a forum and blogs for those things as they are community based items.

C) That can be done. I'll have to find a deviant art logo.

D) No need. We don't hold streams that often enough for them.

E) I already commented on it.

What if there is a "Create custom emoticon" (Just like MSN's) on the forums? Sometimes, I find really cool smileys and emoticons on the web, but whenever I want to use it here, I have to upload it as a image, which isn't practical. It would be nice if that feature is added, so we can have a wider variety of emoticons.

That could be done, but I wouldn't be adding too many because they're not that essential for making post, and they're not even that used a lot.

I'm thankful for the suggestions and I'm sorry it took me a while to respond. I've been busy.

LANZZ

Scarecrow
These games don't really have a competitive edge to them. They seem to be adventure like. That being said, they can't really be added to the arcade due to the arcade being a competition for high score. Also, they don't seem to be compatible with our arcade plugin, and I don't have the time to hack the game or ask them to make a compatible version.
Why not? Hyrule.net already have their own flash games section - http://www.hyrule.net/flashgames/

If there are users with these scans/images (not already added). We could take that into consideration. I know we do something similar with screenshots.
Yes, you should make this thread...

C) That can be done. I'll have to find a deviant art logo.
Here is deviant art logo.

- http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs51/f/2009/260/0/8/08a905d1fa3212a3b5d70aac12a967a8.png

A) We could consider, but that wont be for a while as we haven't won an award recently.
Zelda Dungeon already won many awards like :-

lifetimesplash.png

2008, Golden Mirror Shield Award :
a lifetime achievement award given to a website who has had significant contributions to the Zelda community.
- http://www.explodingdekunut.net/interactive/giamain/lifetimeachievement2008.html

2009, The Strategy Geek : Site with the best game guides.
- http://www.legendofzelda.com/interactive/lozzies/strategygeek09/

2010, The Socialite : Site with the most appealing forum community.
- http://www.legendofzelda.com/next-two-lozzies/#more-5465

..............................................................................................

I think ZD on Itunes quick button also good idea...
- http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/z-talk/id412658097
- Itunes icon : http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=676885367680&id=4fbd4fdb9343122a0ed35ae07a75751e

Last edited:
I've always wanted the ability to do quotes on selected text, instead of having to quote the entire post, and then delete what I don't want in the quote:

The Mod: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=248504
That's easy. First copy the text you want to quote. In the reply box, type in [noparse][/noparse]. Then just paste the selected text between the quote tags.
Example:
Type in this:
[noparse]
person to be quoted said:
Packed leaves, bugs can also reduce the radiator's ability to dissipate heat
[/noparse]
to get:
person to be quoted said:
Packed leaves, bugs can also reduce the radiator's ability to dissipate heat

Yes, this is true, but notice that it doesn't include the post number (yours is 236021) which is something you would have to enter in as well if you would want the reader to be able to jump to the quoted post. Which would then make things more difficult. This mod (from what I can tell) is supposed to let you select text out of the post you want to quote and then be able to click a 'Quote' button which would automatically do all this work for you. :)
There are other ways you can find that number. If you notice at the post number in threads, you'll notice that it's actually a link to the post. Copy the link location.
Here's the link to your most recent post: http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showt...estions-Thread&p=236029&viewfull=1#post236029
Quoting you, your post number is in fact, 236029. Just type in a semi-colon after the name of the person to be quoted and then paste the number.

Or better yet, use tags to link to the person quoted....236029&viewfull=1#post236029"]Your last post.[/noparse]
Your last post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom