• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

They have a little + sign next to their name in teh "who's online list" if they are a friend or contact of yours.

Alternatively you can click on "quick links" and then "open contact pop-out" and it will bring up a new window with the list of your contacts... as well as the lighting system of who is online and who is not.

Hope that helps. Also when someone shuts their browser as opposing to logging off... It will still show them as online for 15 minutes or until the forums time out. So that might be a bit of a problem.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
Since people told me things about this site I didn't know/pay attention to.

If someone logs off and you've sent Private Message and they haven't replied to your PM It send a automatically sends a VM to you telling that they've logged off.(I sometimes think people are just ignoring me.)

Since people told me things about this site I didn't know/pay attention to.

If someone logs off and you've sent Private Message and they haven't replied to your PM It send a automatically sends a VM to you telling that they've logged off.(I sometimes think people are just ignoring me.)
You just need to be a little more patient. They are probably not ignoring you, but most likely have other matters to attend to. I know from experience that they usually get back to you within the next day, especially if its a visitor message rather than a PM ;) This is also similar to read receipts, which will show whether they have read you message or not, although it is optional to send read receipts.

Peace Of Heart

Piece of Heart Collector
I think that we should be able to buy Pieces of Heart and Heart Containers in the Market. These items are extremely common in the series so I think we should have them! :)

Not to mention that I like collecting them but the first reason is better ;)

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
Ok i got this great idea I hope you look at it:

So what about having something like trading cards. You buy them at the market for lets say: 10 points=3 cards.The cards you get are totally random. Each member can negotiate cards with others as the like, who finishes...well he gets an award or whatever.

Linkmaster

Die Hard Zelda Fan
Ok i got this great idea I hope you look at it:

So what about having something like trading cards. You buy them at the market for lets say: 10 points=3 cards.The cards you get are totally random. Each member can negotiate cards with others as the like, who finishes...well he gets an award or whatever.

...I think we should just stick to finishing what is already in progress for the market at the moment. I'm not saying it's a bad idea, but it recquires a lot of work.

I feel very passionately and strongly that only 15 posts per page creates clutter and is rather annoying. I think 20 or 25 would be better numbers for the amount of posts per page. Thank you for your consideration.

I feel very passionately and strongly that only 15 posts per page creates clutter and is rather annoying. I think 20 or 25 would be better numbers for the amount of posts per page. Thank you for your consideration.

You have to think about the members on this site that don't have good connection speeds, I used to have a bad broadband connection and it took me a while to load each page at the forum, mainly due to it having to load the images of each user for their signatures and avatars. So if it was to be increased, it's causing further problems for those that have a bad internet connection, which isn't really something that I think that anyone wants to happen.

I swear you used to be able to change it though, from something like 15 up to 90 posts per page, although that might have been with a different forum provider like phpbb.

Yeah, the page loading thing is actually a major issue sometimes. Xizor, I don't know if you're basing your preference off LoZ.com or not (I don't remember how many posts per page it was there), but LoZ always loaded really slowly for me. :(

You guys also have much lower limits on images, specifically avatars, than we do. We do have 25 there, but I think 20 would be great. Considering how restrictive you guys are on Avatars and Signatures, I don't see it as being severe. I see your point there, but yeah.

Xizor, go to your User CP and then go to General Settings. Scroll down and you will find an option that will let you change the amount of forum posts you see on pages in threads.

Though there is that option, and I intend to use it, there will always be that disparity between what I'm looking at and what the rest of the board sees. :P

Majora's Cat

How about that
I suggest that font size be returned to its original state. I use a laoptop for ZD and for some reason, font size 1 is now the size that font size 2 once was. This becomes a problem because all the posts I played with the size with now have humongous font, but when I go to another computer, the font is really small. What the heck is going on?

Jedizora

:right:
I was looking at earlier posts and I saw something that would be awesome. Member Blogs. That would be amazing so you could record your progress on zelda games or whatever.

Kybyrian

I suggest that font size be returned to its original state. I use a laoptop for ZD and for some reason, font size 1 is now the size that font size 2 once was. This becomes a problem because all the posts I played with the size with now have humongous font, but when I go to another computer, the font is really small. What the heck is going on?

Hold down CTRL on your keyboard and scroll up or down. It will change the page size, making everything bigger or smaller. It may (slightly) blur some images if you change it too much, but it works very well with text sizes. It could be possible that this is already done to one of your computers by accident. After doing this whatever you leave it at becomes default. If you think you may have accidentally adjusted the size(I know I have) and you use Firefox, then press CTRL-0 to reset the size to default.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom