• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

Din Akera

Sniper
I would like to suggest that we raise regular member's PM box capacity to 100. Basically I am filling up my inbox in less then a week with it being at 50, and its really hard when i have to keep my sent messages because it doesn't "auto quote" in the reply, so that i can check back in to see what I said to them when their response may not make sense. That basically means I have room to receive 25 messages.

So if you could think about it... I think 100 would be reasonable =)

I would like to agree with Jo. I have constent problem with this. I am VMed about that fact that my inbox is full. I don't know how that does or doesn't work to have larger space, but I would like it. Using the VM system is not always practical. Private conversation happens when people's personal lives become invovled and want a friend to talk to. Also, I use the system a lot for fan fic and their set up. I like the content of my story to be a surprise and when I have other members involved i deal with only them on it. With the amount of characters i have sometime is becomes a problem for me if I'm working on a new section.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
I haven't read the thread so I wouldn't know if it's been posted but I suggest game saves.

What do you mean by "game saves"? As in the Arcade Games? I don't think that's possible. The admins don't program the game, they just embed it on the site.

Hope that helps in some remote way.

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
I have a suggestion to the forums:

You know in the main forum page you can see the thread with the latest unread post, and thats okay, but lately in the Skyward Sword Section it is almost impossible to post a thread that people can see. This is though since everyone keeps posting thread after thread (Mostly are the same as others) so when you post a thread that does have an intersting topic, it usually goes to the bottom of the pile and only like 4-6 person see it and maybe 1 or 2 post back.

I hope you take this in consideration!

Austin

Austin
I'd strongly recommend raising the character limit to fifty characters again, or possibly seventy-five characters. Honestly, I can't really imagine a quality reply under fifty characters. I'm aware that this makes VMs difficult at times, but using random characters to fill up the limit in a VM is perfectly acceptable. In my opinion, the need for quality posts is more important than aesthetically appealing VMs.

Majora's Cat

How about that
Honestly, the thing I would want to see most here is the return of the "Experience" bar at the top. I rather enjoyed the experience point system - it reminded me of an RPG game. A little part of me died when it was removed. While Zelda Dungeon still gains new sections and functions, I have no clue why you neglect to relaunch the "Experience" bar. Hopefully it's on its way back. :)

I'd strongly recommend raising the character limit to fifty characters again, or possibly seventy-five characters. Honestly, I can't really imagine a quality reply under fifty characters. I'm aware that this makes VMs difficult at times, but using random characters to fill up the limit in a VM is perfectly acceptable. In my opinion, the need for quality posts is more important than aesthetically appealing VMs.
Quality, not quantity. A post doesn't have to be long to be good, I mean some long posts can be great while some can be total garbage, the same goes with short posts. I think avoiding sweeping generalizations would do this site some good.

Austin

Austin
Quality, not quantity. A post doesn't have to be long to be good, I mean some long posts can be great while some can be total garbage, the same goes with short posts. I think avoiding sweeping generalizations would do this site some good.
Fifty characters isn't at all long though. Users don't have to generate even more than one paragraph to meet it.

At the bottom? Then why use the rep system if you wont be looking into complaints and the such?

Because when I did start looking into complaints, I got more. Word spread that I would take people's bad rep away when I done it once or twice and pretty soon, my inbox was flooded with complaints and people wanting their bad rep removed. Its annoying because people don't seem to really realize that the rep system works just fine. So you receive one or two bad reps.. So what? Like I said, it won't hurt your overall rep score, and if you are a good member anyway, you'd have a positive enough rep score that what kind of member you are would be properly displayed by it. A few bad reps are not going to hurt an overall score, so its a waste of my time to say "Yeah I'll fix people's bad rep", then have to go and do it for every member that got a negative rep just because I gave them that opportunity to possibly get it fixed. I'm not doing it anymore, not unless its something that is a prominent problem which really isn't possible because once rep is given by one person to another person, the one giving rep has to rep about 10 other members before they can give rep to that one person again.

With that said, taking care of the overall forum activity, dealing with spam and trolls, working on implementing new things into the forums and possibly remove things that are not used or unnecessary is the goal of myself and the forum staff. Not to mention, I have moderators and such coming to me for advice on bigger things to do with the forums. We deal with real problems, and one or two negative reps is not a real problem. If it was, I would deal with it. I have dealt with everything on these forums since becoming an admin that was something widely viewed as a real problem. This negative rep situation is not something that everyone complains about, but something that three or four continuously complain about and sometimes others who believe their rep situation can be adjusted.

And remember, this can go both ways. I guarantee that tons of people have received meaningless positive rep, but you never see anyone complaining about that. I could just as easily go in and remove all positive reps from you that I felt were unjustified, as well as your negative reps, if the problem here is unjust reputation, because it comes from different sides of the spectrum. Of course no one likes anything negative, but the subject at hand is generally receiving reputation points that one shouldn't have received for the reason given. Think about that one.

1) I don't care if it would be making me look like a fool, they are doing it to me, why shouldn't I retaliate in return?

Maybe because you are supposedly an adult, which I highly doubt at this point. If you are, you certainly aren't acting your age or mature about the situation at all. "Two wrongs do not make a right" is an old saying that I've heard since I was about 5 years old and I'm sure you and everyone else has heard something similar all their life.

2) Banned? *Laughs* That's ridiculous, for doing what they are doing to me?

You never complained once about this particular situation until this thread, in your original post. In that post, you openly addressed a problem that could have been looked into and handled through a PM to myself or another moderator. Without even discussing a possible solution to said problem, you made open threats to harm other's forum status, which in my opinion was a direct shot at me by saying that if I did not do something, you were going to harm other members of the forums. That is what you said, and yes, that kind of behavior will get you banned.

Mature? Yeah sure, maybe you can tell that to the people who have negative rep me, eh? Anyway, regardless of what you decide to do, I simply don't give a **** anymore. If you don't want to do what's right, then shame on you.

Need I remind you that most members on this forum are younger and probably not as mature as you should be, claiming to be an adult. You are expected to act as a mature adult and conduct yourself as such, but from what I've seen here you have shown the most immaturity of anyone on the forums. I'll do as I feel is right and I believe I am in the position to decide what is right and wrong here. I will not fix your negative reputation every time you get it. I will not address pointless, immature internet drama. I will fix real issues. If you or any member feels as though another member is purposely and continuously giving them problems, then yes I will fix that kind of problem.

Last edited:
H

Hylian

Is this where we could post suggestions for the guide on the main site?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jedizora

:right:
I don't know if that counts as a suggestion, but maybe you should update the Site History page. Oh, and I want to say again that I liked the podcasts, could you bring this back again?:lol:

This was posted a couple of pages back but never addresed. I do think you should update it because i find the Site history page very intersting.

I

itspietime

MM sugjestion

Hey guys I'm kinda new to forums and not sure if i should post this here but i was reading your majoras mask news with the full moon vid and i have a project I'm working on of a 3d model of the happy mask sales man out of paper and wondering if u could put the pics up for the aniversery I'm about half way done and so far it looks pretty good so pleas respond and tnx.:)

Austin

Austin
Is this where we could post suggestions for the guide on the main site?

No. This is for the forums and how we can improve them. For site suggestions and comments you can use our Contact Us Page

This was posted a couple of pages back but never addresed. I do think you should update it because i find the Site history page very intersting.

If you guys feel this is important. I'll update it when I get a chance! Thanks for letting me know.

Hey guys I'm kinda new to forums and not sure if i should post this here but i was reading your majoras mask news with the full moon vid and i have a project I'm working on of a 3d model of the happy mask sales man out of paper and wondering if u could put the pics up for the aniversery I'm about half way done and so far it looks pretty good so pleas respond and tnx.:)

We do have a photo gallery with many Majoras Mask pictures. Also, we'll be updating it a lot with Majora's Mask Month. You can watch for updates our gallery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom