• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

I've been wondering through the various social groups and I notice that they all fall under the category "Uncategorized" Would it be possible to create different classifications for Social groups?

-People Related
-RP Related
-Video Game Related

are just a few I think that might be useful when someone is trying to search through them but not wanting to go through over 40 pages of social group listings to find the type of group they are looking for.

LANZZ

Scarecrow
We only have a certain time-frame in which we are allowed to edit our thread/post. So, we can't edit our older post...

I hope any moderator/administrator can do something because i always want to editing my older thread/post...

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
*A lot of people are saying the reputation system looks AMAZING, yet all I see are the words "reputation" repeated. I don't believe this is what they're talking about.
*In my story thread. I want to see the view count, but I don't want it to include how many times I view it. Perhaps there should be an option for this.
*One more thing I just remembered. On a noobish post I made a loooong time ago, someone gave me negative reputation points on it like last week. I was really upset since I made it so long ago and there was really nothing I could do about it. Is there anyway to limit when you can give points? Obviously I don't want to limit on when you can get good rep points, but it seems a little unfair to make my rep go down over something I posted so long ago when I was still a posting noob.

Edit
Figured out the first one. The hearts only work on the latest version of ZD and I use the Brown version. If I switch to the latest version it works.

Last edited:

Anemos

Master of Chaos
You know, for the new Reputation system, you should really start off with 3 hearts. Otherwise I feel like that beeping sound is going off. Besides that, good job with it. It looks really good.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I think this forum deserves a nice Zelda related background. If this is possible can we have a nicer background then just a plain blue one, It would make this forum look so much cooler. And if a new Zelda game is on the way we could sort of promote it by having a different temporary background representing that game. For example, Skyward Sword is coming so we could have a temporary Skyward Sword background replacing our new one when the game is nearing.

I think it'll be a great idea.

Last edited:

Phlegm

Bake me a pie!
It would be cool if you got a notification for reputation. I only figured out that I got some a month ago. (I got rep waaaay before that.)

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Your attention please

I have a suggestion, and a very good one at that.

How about you Staff Members stop people from using the rep system who only use it for bad means? I mean its twice now that I've received negative rep for whatever I have in my signature. Isn't the rep system to be used only on posts and whatever is posted? If it works that way, then the members here are using it to their advantage. Yes, I am complaining. Why? It is simple. I have never given negative rep to someone merely because of whatever they have in their siggy, that's just lame, low, if you ask me. In fact, I think I have only given bad rep once or twice, but it was merited.

Either fix this little problem, or I myself will start handing out negative rep for whatever purpose I feel like giving it out. And I'd like to see those who have given me the bad rep to come here and show your faces. I doubt that's happening, though. Have a good day. ~The Great One.

Austin

Austin
I've been wondering through the various social groups and I notice that they all fall under the category "Uncategorized" Would it be possible to create different classifications for Social groups?

-People Related
-RP Related
-Video Game Related

are just a few I think that might be useful when someone is trying to search through them but not wanting to go through over 40 pages of social group listings to find the type of group they are looking for.

That seems reasonable to have. When I get some time I may look through some of our groups and find out some categories to be made. The problem is that most groups won't be updated. Each group manager has to go and edit their groups.

We only have a certain time-frame in which we are allowed to edit our thread/post. So, we can't edit our older post...

I hope any moderator/administrator can do something because i always want to editing my older thread/post...

You can private message moderators of the board, and they should be able to make edits. Also we could look into expanding that time frame for editing.

*A lot of people are saying the reputation system looks AMAZING, yet all I see are the words "reputation" repeated. I don't believe this is what they're talking about.
*In my story thread. I want to see the view count, but I don't want it to include how many times I view it. Perhaps there should be an option for this.
*One more thing I just remembered. On a noobish post I made a loooong time ago, someone gave me negative reputation points on it like last week. I was really upset since I made it so long ago and there was really nothing I could do about it. Is there anyway to limit when you can give points? Obviously I don't want to limit on when you can get good rep points, but it seems a little unfair to make my rep go down over something I posted so long ago when I was still a posting noob.

Edit
Figured out the first one. The hearts only work on the latest version of ZD and I use the Brown version. If I switch to the latest version it works.

1) I believe it only increments view count once per person. So if you view your own thread it only increments it once, and only once.
2) That really isn't a legitimate reason. Let it be a life lesson. When you join any forums, always be careful on what you post, and how you post it. Also not all negative rep hurts you. Some of them can be neutral and add 0.
3) We really don't fully support the older themes, but we make sure they're usable. If you want the latest things, you'll need to use the v19Dungeon.

I think it would be a good idea to make a sub forum for FAQs because all of them seem to get asked in the community forum which makes a lot of threads be closed.

We have one of these already. You can find the link on top of the forum index or you can Click Here!

You know, for the new Reputation system, you should really start off with 3 hearts. Otherwise I feel like that beeping sound is going off. Besides that, good job with it. It looks really good.

I guess we could do that, but we probably won't. Its a lot simpler this way for new members and already registered members. If we were to implement that, it wouldn't effect your rep or any already registered members. That wouldn't be fair.

I think this forum deserves a nice Zelda related background. If this is possible can we have a nicer background then just a plain blue one, It would make this forum look so much cooler. And if a new Zelda game is on the way we could sort of promote it by having a different temporary background representing that game. For example, Skyward Sword is coming so we could have a temporary Skyward Sword background replacing our new one when the game is nearing.

I think it'll be a great idea.

We use a simple background for a reason. We want to try and minimize our forums load time. If we added a fancy background, it would add load time.

It would be cool if you got a notification for reputation. I only figured out that I got some a month ago. (I got rep waaaay before that.)

Currently there really isn't a setting for this yet. I can add a plugin that does this if enough people wish to have it.

I have a suggestion, and a very good one at that.

How about you Staff Members stop people from using the rep system who only use it for bad means? I mean its twice now that I've received negative rep for whatever I have in my signature. Isn't the rep system to be used only on posts and whatever is posted? If it works that way, then the members here are using it to their advantage. Yes, I am complaining. Why? It is simple. I have never given negative rep to someone merely because of whatever they have in their siggy, that's just lame, low, if you ask me. In fact, I think I have only given bad rep once or twice, but it was merited.

Either fix this little problem, or I myself will start handing out negative rep for whatever purpose I feel like giving it out. And I'd like to see those who have given me the bad rep to come here and show your faces. I doubt that's happening, though. Have a good day. ~The Great One.

There isn't anything against the rules for neg-repping for a signature. I reviewed your negative reputation and only one does neg reputation, the other does 0. The one that does real negative was for a legitimate reason. One of the biggest reasons for allowing negative reputation on signatures is to help with the signature limit. I see too many signatures that are getting too bi and add a lot of scrolling to the reading threads.

Last edited by a moderator:

When compared to your positive reputation, the negatives you have recieved do not even hurt your points. That's something that I tried to explain in the past and apparently no one has listened. No, reputation should not be given for anything besides a post or what is within the post. But at the same time, our staff (more specifically, myself) cannot set and worry about people's negative reps. This kind of thing is at the very bottom of the list of importance when it comes to what myself and the other forum staff should be worrying about. If it is a consistent problem, then yes you can let an admin or other staff member know and they can pass it along ti me. But only then will I look into it.

Which would 1.) Make you no better than the people who negative repped you, and 2.) Probably get you banned.

Let's be a bit more mature with ourselves, shall we?

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
Google Chrome Theme

I just had an idea for the people who work here at ZD. I think that you all should make your own google chrome (and firefox) theme. I think it would be awesome. Right now their is only one zelda theme out their and if the people here made a really good one they could probably get a lot of people to download it.

David

But you called me here...
well, i'm not on ZD staff, but I'll see if I can figure out a Zelda theme for Firefox.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
When compared to your positive reputation, the negatives you have recieved do not even hurt your points.

No, reputation should not be given for anything besides a post or what is within the post. But at the same time, our staff (more specifically, myself) cannot set and worry about people's negative reps.

This kind of thing is at the very bottom of the list of importance when it comes to what myself and the other forum staff should be worrying about. If it is a consistent problem, then yes you can let an admin or other staff member know and they can pass it along ti me. But only then will I look into it.

Which would 1.) Make you no better than the people who negative repped you, and 2.) Probably get you banned.

Let's be a bit more mature with ourselves, shall we?

--You're sorta right, only one hurt my rep, but what about the others I am showing you now? You think that is fair now? Take a good look at the picture, I don't see how a member should receive bad rep for having posted a complaint, or simply because I may sound conceited, or from some stupid fool who's read my story and decided to bad rep me for something that has nothing to do with the post. If I do sound conceited, that's my own right, I can do whatever I want here as long as I stick to the rules, freedom of speech, etc. I am not violating any rules with my signature, and that shouldn't give any other members an excuse to hit me with bad rep simply because they carry animosity toward me.

--As I thought, rep system is to be used for whatever is posted in a post within a thread, not for other personal reasons such as wanting to discredit a member, lower its reputation simply because you can, etc.

--At the bottom? Then why use the rep system if you wont be looking into complaints and the such?

1) I don't care if it would be making me look like a fool, they are doing it to me, why shouldn't I retaliate in return? 2) Banned? *Laughs* That's ridiculous, for doing what they are doing to me?

Mature? Yeah sure, maybe you can tell that to the people who have negative rep me, eh? Anyway, regardless of what you decide to do, I simply don't give a **** anymore. If you don't want to do what's right, then shame on you.

--Edit--No, I am not changing my quote. So if I receive more negative rep because of that, than this place sucks.

View attachment 7654

I would like to suggest that we raise regular member's PM box capacity to 100. Basically I am filling up my inbox in less then a week with it being at 50, and its really hard when i have to keep my sent messages because it doesn't "auto quote" in the reply, so that i can check back in to see what I said to them when their response may not make sense. That basically means I have room to receive 25 messages.

So if you could think about it... I think 100 would be reasonable =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom