• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

A couple things:

There should be /SPOILER formattting that you can't see unless you mouseover or click on the text.
We need a walkthrough for the Riddle Quest in the GBA version of A Link to the Past.
Could you fix the bar listing the games at the top of the site?
zdbar.png

The top one is the main site and the bottom one is the forums.
Also, could you maybe make the bar so you click it instead of mousing over because when I am trying to access some options it always goes to a different menu. I don't know how it's done but I've seen it done before.
That's all for now. Hope you consider my suggestions. :)

Austin

Austin
FSA still has confusing puzzles like the rest of the series, and atleast deserves a page of its own. (Like ZSS has, but no guide.) Maybe the page can have the minisummery and some screenshots. So are you saying you guys will never have FS? And if people offered to help with FSA, would you make a page and walkthrough then? (Well, the helpers would make the walkthroughs, but they need a page to post it on.

We may consider doing the GCN version of Four Swords. I don't personally write guides or even own the game, so I can't guarantee it.

I would like Forum Games to be its own thread. With sub threads like RPG's and Other. Not that anyone would read this post. :lol:
It's just that forum games is a sub thread now. :dry:

Like the previous replies, we don't want out forum games to have a lot of space on our forums front page. We can consider the idea of adding prefixes to each game, to make it easier to search and look for a specific forum game. Similar to previous suggestions, the specific game boards, may not get all that much attention and be wasting scrolling space. From my personal experience (merely scanning the topics), we don't get a lot of new forum games. A lot of our forum games, stay pretty active for a while. In general, we don't get enough threads in our forum game to give it specific sub-forums.

A couple things:

There should be /SPOILER formattting that you can't see unless you mouseover or click on the text.
We need a walkthrough for the Riddle Quest in the GBA version of A Link to the Past.
Could you fix the bar listing the games at the top of the site?
zdbar.png

The top one is the main site and the bottom one is the forums.
Also, could you maybe make the bar so you click it instead of mousing over because when I am trying to access some options it always goes to a different menu. I don't know how it's done but I've seen it done before.
That's all for now. Hope you consider my suggestions. :)

When you say spoiler, are you talking about the forums? So that people can hide content, and have it only open with a spoiler tag? That can certainly be done. For the Riddler Quest, you may want to go to www.zeldadungeon.net/contact-us and make a suggestion via that. This way our Walkthrough writers will get contacted directly, as they may not check the forums.

If the header is that much of a problem for the forums. I can fix it so it looks exactly. As for the clicking, that can't be done. If you're having problems, you may be using an older browser in which you should upgrade it. Our header works fine with the latest I.E, FireFox, Opera, etc. If you need help on that, feel free to contact me via PM or VM (visitor message).

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
I know you don't want to have too many forums/subforums, but I liked one of the suggestions earlier about the fanworks section having a subsection that is almost like a "help" area. That is, the main section would have fanworks, and the subsection would have sign-up threads, "How do I write a fic?" threads, recommendation threads, etc. It would help organize the section and at the same time give emphasis to the works themselves.

Just a thought. I also do like your idea of diversifying the prefixes to things like Zelda writing/General Writing, etc. That would make it easier to search. :)

Zelda Freak

A Freak who likes Zelda
I don't know if it exists or anything, but could one of the webmasters/admins/mods post a thread explaining the ranks? I've searched for it, but nothing comes up. Just a suggestion. :/

Kybyrian

I don't know if it exists or anything, but could one of the webmasters/admins/mods post a thread explaining the ranks? I've searched for it, but nothing comes up. Just a suggestion. :/

There is a thread in this forum(the community forum) that is entitled Zelda Dungeon Forum FAQ. Down below the part explaining the forum and all that and the reputation there is some other frequently asked questions. There is one explaining the colored names on the forum.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Okay, I sent a suggestion for an easier solution for one of OoT's quests over a month ago and I've not heard back from the guide writers or seen my suggestion make it into the tutorial... how long does this process usually take? As the tutorial is today, if you follow it, if you even make it within the deadline you have maybe one or two spare seconds left, while I suggested a route that would potentially land you with a minute or more to spare... It's not because of credit or any of that crap that I ask, but simply because I think it's a shame that other game players looking to the tutorial for help won't know that it's actually possible to go an alternative route...

Austin

Austin
I know you don't want to have too many forums/subforums, but I liked one of the suggestions earlier about the fanworks section having a subsection that is almost like a "help" area. That is, the main section would have fanworks, and the subsection would have sign-up threads, "How do I write a fic?" threads, recommendation threads, etc. It would help organize the section and at the same time give emphasis to the works themselves.

Just a thought. I also do like your idea of diversifying the prefixes to things like Zelda writing/General Writing, etc. That would make it easier to search. :)

If you want to write a thread about help on fan fics, feel free! If not you, anyone who wants to can! If it is good enough we may pin it to the top for new users to fan-fic. I'm not a big poster of the fan-fic stuff so I wouldn't know where to start! Thanks.

Okay, I sent a suggestion for an easier solution for one of OoT's quests over a month ago and I've not heard back from the guide writers or seen my suggestion make it into the tutorial... how long does this process usually take? As the tutorial is today, if you follow it, if you even make it within the deadline you have maybe one or two spare seconds left, while I suggested a route that would potentially land you with a minute or more to spare... It's not because of credit or any of that crap that I ask, but simply because I think it's a shame that other game players looking to the tutorial for help won't know that it's actually possible to go an alternative route...

The site content providers are pretty busy and there is a possibility they may not have read it, and it got deleted. You can try adding suggesting it through our contact page. I'll try my best personally to look into it!

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
The site content providers are pretty busy and there is a possibility they may not have read it, and it got deleted. You can try adding suggesting it through our contact page. I'll try my best personally to look into it!

But that's what I did, I copied the suggestion I wrote on (page 3) this thread and sent it through the contact page... should I resubmit it or something?

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
If you want to write a thread about help on fan fics, feel free!

That wasn't what I was thinking of, but I will consider doing that this weekend. So thanks for the idea. XD

What I actually meant was that I've seen a variety of threads in the fanworks section right now.

- Actual fanworks (graphics, writing, etc)
- Sign up threads (for people who want to be a character in the author's next story)
- Questions about how to write a fanfic
- Threads asking for recommendations (okay, just mine, but I've seen them in other communities too, and it can be useful to help people sort the wheat from the chaff)

I know you don't like to have the forums too subdivided, but I think it would be worth it to keep consider one there so that the actual Zelda fanworks were in the main forum, and then have a subsection (like the "game help" section in general gaming) for things related to fanworks but that aren't fanworks yet, if that makes sense. Really, it's organization more than anything - I think it would make searching easier since you'd know that clicking "Zelda art" would only give you actual fanworks. Plus, I see guests in that section a lot, and it would probably help them figure out what's what.

It works well enough the way it is now, but since it is a suggestions thread, just thought I'd mention it. :)

Valexi

Hylian Thief
Just to expand on Febuary's idea, there are indeed a lot of different kind of things being posted in the art section.
I understand that dividing the forum might cause some problems...so if you can't divide the forums, how about adding more Prefixes?
Right now the only Prefixes in the art forums are "General Art," and "Zelda Art," which are a bit too general.
How about a Prefix for Zelda Fan Fiction, Sign ups, ect, so that people can find certain things easier?
Like if someone is looking to see what Zelda art has been drawn recently, they can find it easier, or if they're looking for any open sign up threads.
I think these should do;
-Zelda Art
-Zelda Fan Fiction
-Zelda Sign Up
-General Art
-General Fiction
-General Sign Up
-W.I.P (works in process, for people who need assistance or suggestions or critiques. Just an idea)

Austin

Austin
I don't know if this has been suggested before and I'm too lazy to go look through seven pages of backlogs, but is it possible to implement a feature that allows you to choose how much reputation you give to a person? Your reputation, amount of posts and time being a member would still dictate how much reputation you could give, but that'd simply be the maximum amount. It'd be nice if you could chose to give less. I don't know if this is a problem for most people, but I have a somewhat high reputation score. Often I would like to give positive or negative reputation to someone but most of the time I am afraid that I'll give them too much of a compliment or damage their reputation too much. It'd be nice if I could give/dock someone five or six points for a minor thing and not be forced to dish out a full thirty or forty points.

I don't know if this has been suggested before and I'm too lazy to go look through seven pages of backlogs, but is it possible to implement a feature that allows you to choose how much reputation you give to a person? Your reputation, amount of posts and time being a member would still dictate how much reputation you could give, but that'd simply be the maximum amount. It'd be nice if you could chose to give less. I don't know if this is a problem for most people, but I have a somewhat high reputation score. Often I would like to give positive or negative reputation to someone but most of the time I am afraid that I'll give them too much of a compliment or damage their reputation too much. It'd be nice if I could give/dock someone five or six points for a minor thing and not be forced to dish out a full thirty or forty points.

Unfortunately, there's no way to limit the amount. The higher your rep, the greater your rep power, which is a problem I've come to face when wanting to give or take a way rep from someone. I only really give rep for really good posts or threads and I rarely give negative rep for anything unless its someone who continuously does something wrong over and over after being told that it is wrong.

Jetter

Type to myself in silence
I didn't put much thought into this,but what if there was a news letter,sub-forum type thing. The expirience is like this,but this would be more about posts and threads. It's just an idea.

This isn't a suggestion, but more of a technical fault on the forum. Would it be possible to fix the bug with the "Edit Profile" section? Because as far as I know, I have put in the correct format. However, when I save, this appears:

You did not enter the correct format for the Wii Friend Codes field. Please read the field description for the expected format.

I'll remove all infomation from that field and see what happens...

EDIT: It lets me save if I remove all info from that field and then save. But I won't be able to put my infomation back in there. =\

Also...

Cooldogs_1 said:
If the header is that much of a problem for the forums. I can fix it so it looks exactly. As for the clicking, that can't be done. If you're having problems, you may be using an older browser in which you should upgrade it. Our header works fine with the latest I.E, FireFox, Opera, etc. If you need help on that, feel free to contact me via PM or VM (visitor message).

I believe he means that when he goes to click something beneath the Walkthrough image links for each game at the top, he sometime scrolls over the image link causing the drop down menu to appear, and thus when he clicks he is directed to a guide page. It's happened to me several times to, mainly when I go to click on my Profile, Notifications or Settings.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
^ They're still messing with it, it's bound to fluctuate weirdly until they finalize it.

Anyways, idk if I've said this before, but if you guys really do make that community news thing one of these days, start doing featured threads and art and stuff like that again. I think things like that really help forum activity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom