• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

Really, I don't think the reputation system works if people don't see a reason to give out reputation. There needs to be some sort of initiative to give out reputation. I know I don't give out rep nearly as much as I take it. I don't even recall giving rep because, really, what's the point? I don't even see a point for taking rep other than it show someone they need to be a better poster. There should be a real reason to give out rep and the rep system would work out better. I don't really know how it would work or any ideas on how to make people want to give out rep, but I think we would really benefit from it.

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
I give out rep, but I agree that there should be more incentive to do so. Also, and I don't think I'm doing it wrong, but I am not stingy with the points; I don't give them out every day but if I think a post is well thought out and really adds to the discussion (and this is a trend with the user), I'll give the points. It doesn't have to be the "best post ever!!!"

I think related to that - I think the shout box eligibility should be cleared up somewhere. I've heard it relates to age of the account/reputation, though I don't know how accurate that is - I had to ask another member I saw mention it somewhere.

^ You give out positive rep just if you want to acknowledge that person for making what, in your mind, is a good post. There is no ground rules for giving out rep and there will likely never be any since it is a system that you dictate on your own how to use. As for incentives, there aren't many things that can be "given out" here at the forums currently for gaining good rep. However, Hylian Knight and Hylian Noble status take reputation points into account. That isn't the only thing, there are many other requirements that are involved in selecting those people to be nominated for the status, but rep is one of them.

Chelsie

tap the galaxy oh (◔ิз◔ิ♪
i was thinking... maybe a video walkthrough for Majora's Mask ?? Im not sure, its up to the staff though

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
I was looking through the fanworks section today and I was wondering, is it possible to tag a post in the fanworks section with the author's/artist's name? I was looking for someone's stories the other day and that would have helped out. Is this even feasible and if so, do you think this might be a good practice or should it be up to the poster?

Thanks for all the work you guys do on the site to make it such an enjoyable place to be. :)

Austin

Austin
I was looking through the fanworks section today and I was wondering, is it possible to tag a post in the fanworks section with the author's/artist's name? I was looking for someone's stories the other day and that would have helped out. Is this even feasible and if so, do you think this might be a good practice or should it be up to the poster?

Thanks for all the work you guys do on the site to make it such an enjoyable place to be. :)

You can add tags to any thread, so yes. When you post a a new thread, if you scroll to the bottom.

tags.png

There you can add author names.

Kirino

Tatakae
find a way to block trolls.im very serious about this.they are everywhere(well only gamer x and his many fake identaties)and he is making all the comments about his petty comments saying "zelda sucks".he is causing ALOT of trouble and you need to find a way to block him.

Epwna

The epic turnip king
One thing I've been waiting for a while, fix the Oracle Sections. Maybe add pictures to the walkthrough, and finish the OoA walkthrough. And make the whole section more detailed and clear.

LANZZ

Scarecrow
One thing I've been waiting for a while, fix the Oracle Sections. Maybe add pictures to the walkthrough, and finish the OoA walkthrough. And make the whole section more detailed and clear.

1) Yes, they also should add many other guides for OOX such as soft soil location, rings guide, Gesha nut location, and Linked game secrets.

2) You aso should add Valiant Comics and Phantom Hourglass manga in ZD Comics & manga page.

3) I found some information about other Zeldas page, in old ZD post. What happen to that page now???
- http://www.zeldadungeon.net/2007/06/the-next-zelda-zelda-bs-and-unfinished-legends/

Report:-

All links on Zelda Cartoon page was broken. I hope you can fix it....

Last edited:
Everytime I post a thread on here, it will bring me to a white page and all it says is "completed", can you guys maybe put a link or redirect us back to the forums itll make things easier?

I'd like to see many upgrade and content add for the main site:-

Most of the games you mentioned aren't really at high demand for content as in guides and such. The CD-i titles, the Game and Watch ones, stuff like that is not really an important issue that needs to be added because virtually no one requests guides on those games.

Other titles you mentioned, like Four Swords and Four Swords Adventures, are much more likely to get a guide. However, those games also do not have much of a high demand for content. I would say that in time, there's a good chance that we will add content for those such titles. But there's nothing that I know of in the works currently for them. Perhaps in the future though.

Another new suggestion. A General Game Help section in the forums for non Zelda games, like SMG2 or Metroid for example.

This is actually a very nice idea that I will probably add soon, if not in the next few minutes. It was suggested by some other people and I had honestly just forgot all about it because of so many other things that I have been working on. But it takes all in about 2 minutes to add such a feature and I do think that it would be beneficial enough.

i was thinking... maybe a video walkthrough for Majora's Mask ?? Im not sure, its up to the staff though

I believe that is either in the works or close to being in the works. A mainstream Zelda title such as that will certainly have a video walkthrough if it doesn't already. The staff is always hard at work with different projects though, so it may be a bit before some things such as this get fully completed.

I would say that in the near future, the Oracle sections will improve 150% ;)

Everytime I post a thread on here, it will bring me to a white page and all it says is "completed", can you guys maybe put a link or redirect us back to the forums itll make things easier?

It may depend on your browser or the layout you are using. If you are using a different layout other than the current one (v19), then use it instead. The older layouts won't be updated anymore, as each time our forum upgrades to a new version, the coding gets all messed up with the layouts. Since it takes a lot of time to work on such things, and since vBulletin upgrades quite often since 4.0 is still relatively new, our staff simply does not have enough time to fix the older layouts.

LANZZ

Scarecrow
Most of the games you mentioned aren't really at high demand for content as in guides and such. The CD-i titles, the Game and Watch ones, stuff like that is not really an important issue that needs to be added because virtually no one requests guides on those games.

Don't need to added guides for those games, but just add other informations like box art, info, story, screenshot, or official artwork. You can added those games under one page like Other Zelda Games.

Don't need to added guides for those games, but just add other informations like box art, info, story, screenshot, or official artwork. You can added those games under one page like Other Zelda Games.

Ahh okay. Yeah that might be an alright idea that I'll keep in mind and pass along to Mases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom