• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
The social groups are collecting dust tbh, there could be a lot of discussion some subgrops, especially anime, ZD book club. Why not make it appear on the SB when something is posted? appoint active users in place of inactive users?

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The social groups are collecting dust tbh, there could be a lot of discussion some subgrops, especially anime, ZD book club. Why not make it appear on the SB when something is posted? appoint active users in place of inactive users?

Perhaps having some of the social group posts appearing in the SB wouldn't be too bad though I imagine not everyone would be on board with this. It could be quite subjective as to which ones should get notifications and which shouldn't.

Can clicking on "The Latest Blog Posts" actually take you to the latest blog posts instead of the "What's New" section?

I agree that it would be good to change this and I'd like to. I had a brief look into it and it seems to be a bit complicated as essentially the widget is a duplication of the widget above for latest posts. It easily allows you to restrict the forums the posts show from (such as setting it to blog posts only) but doesn't allow you to change the link the heading sends you to. There is probably a way to do it if I look deeper but that'll need to be when I have the chance to do so. I'll keep this on the list for when I am able to get time to do this.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Umm yes

Just a little thing bugging me, but can we opt out of the censor filter? Sometimes i want to ****ing see my **** without a goddamn asterick over the mother****ing post and it gets so ******************************* annoying

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Umm yes

Just a little thing bugging me, but can we opt out of the censor filter? Sometimes i want to ****ing see my **** without a goddamn asterick over the mother****ing post and it gets so ******************************* annoying
That used to be a thing but I don't think it works anymore after the switch to Xenforo. @Jimmu can confirm if that's still available or not. I think we've had this come up before and the answer was no its not an option with Xenforo but I'm not sure.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
I think i .ight have been the one who asked too. Most of my posts need excessive swearing and im tired of my notifs being like " someone reported you because you cant say fucx

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I think i .ight have been the one who asked too. Most of my posts need excessive swearing and im tired of my notifs being like " someone reported you because you cant say fucx
I can tell you that trying to bypass the filter like this is also against the rules, and you're going to get reported just as much if you keep doing that, too.

If it's this much of an issue for you, maybe try not swearing so much.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah basically it isn't an option in the software at this point. I don't see it as a necessity or priority and disagree with the assertion that anyone's posts "need" a lot of swearing.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Hey, I've got a little suggestion for the forums. It's just a minor thing, but I noticed that when you go the the "Members" page there are different sections you can click on to see various different types of members. For example: "Staff Members", "ZD Legends", "ZD Champions" and "Most Messages" etc. At the bottom of that list you'll find "Registered Members". Here is where the problem is...
The "Registered Members" list is 165 pages long... Because other than all the regular members here, it also contains all of the "I made an account and used it for a week" accounts and bot accounts and things like that. It's a complete mess.

My suggestion is that it should be divided into 2 different categories: "Active Registered Members" and "Unactive Registered Members". I'd say that not logging in for a year would put you into the "Unactive" list, but as soon as you log in you'll be put back into the "Active" one. Is that something that would be possible?
I know, I know, not the most important thing ever, but just a little improvement suggestion ^^

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
Perhaps having some of the social group posts appearing in the SB wouldn't be too bad though I imagine not everyone would be on board with this. It could be quite subjective as to which ones should get notifications and which shouldn't.
That's a good idea. We should start a poll on that

Hyrule Warriors - Age of Calamity! forum is needed.

Why? The current BotW forum is all about BotW as per the forum description
Talk about the latest Legend of Zelda title for the Nintendo Wii U and Nintendo Switch.

Forum members are getting all pedantic about where talk about it should be placed and it's not a good thing. Technically the topic about it is in the wrong forum area anyway. But moving along we should be happy for the game's announcement, not &^$#ing about who posted what where. So I think a new forum area for the game would solve all of our issues.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
It'll get one, I'm sure. The game was announced only a few hours ago and the people who can make a sub-forum for it aren't omniscient, so just have a little patience.

If you want to avoid 'pedantry' then I'd suggest always checking for an existing thread before creating one of your own, and also that Zelda-related threads would be most appropriate for World of Zelda and not General Gaming if they don't fit the strict description of a given sub-forum.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Heya guys I’ve added the new forum for Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity :)

Since I’m on my phone on the train ride to work I may have missed an option or two when creating the forum (though I’m pretty sure I added the Shoutbox notifications properly) so please let me know if you notice any issues with it.

I apologize for being asleep between the announcement (after midnight) and 5am as my emergency new Zelda game announcement alarm failed to sound and wake me up but fret no longer, the grueling six hour wait has come to an end. Enjoy!

Heya guys I’ve added the new forum for Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity :)

Since I’m on my phone on the train ride to work I may have missed an option or two when creating the forum (though I’m pretty sure I added the Shoutbox notifications properly) so please let me know if you notice any issues with it.

I apologize for being asleep between the announcement (after midnight) and 5am as my emergency new Zelda game announcement alarm failed to sound and wake me up but fret no longer, the grueling six hour wait has come to an end. Enjoy!
Everything seems fine, Jimmu. Thank you! <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom