• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
I'm aware of the 24 hrs cooldown for blogs but it shouldn't trigger if you reply to some other blogs right?
Screenshot_20200419-202624_Samsung Internet.jpg
As you see, I replied to a blog in the General Blogs section after which this popped up.

GrooseIsLoose

ZD Legend
@Ten Thousand Needles

Staff, I think some people are having problems with the scrapper messages, so why not make a setting in the sb to ignore all scrapper messages, even those that say new posts in threads?
Giri said:
Why don't you give the ignore feature to Scrapper? (Assuming ignore works in Shout Box)
That should solve the problem. I support this. But I guess changing a bot is difficult.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
@Ten Thousand Needles

Staff, I think some people are having problems with the scrapper messages, so why not make a setting in the sb to ignore all scrapper messages, even those that say new posts in threads?
That should solve the problem. I support this. But I guess changing a bot is difficult.

The shoutbox is a paid add-on so the best I can do here is let the add-on creator know that it is in demand for this feature and they will decide whether or not to implement it in a future release.

Should this still be called subscriptions?

I've updated this name given we don't have subscriptions anymore with the shop gone. Thanks for picking it up.

GrooseIsLoose

ZD Legend
  • Is there a way of displaying "Similar threads" in a small a window in the post thread page. So tha t posting same threads could be avoided?
  • Enabling threadmarks would be nice

Stitch

AKA Patrick
Maybe up the required posts for ZD champion/legend to 40 or 50 posts, but allow the Mafia and Roleplay sections to count towards it. It makes it a little more difficult (the current post a day isn't that hard), but opens it up to more members of this forum who mostly post in the Mafia and Roleplay sections (I think the posts here tend to be creative and well thought out still). Idk, just a thought.

Maybe up the required posts for ZD champion/legend to 40 or 50 posts, but allow the Mafia and Roleplay sections to count towards it. It makes it a little more difficult (the current post a day isn't that hard), but opens it up to more members of this forum who mostly post in the Mafia and Roleplay sections (I think the posts here tend to be creative and well thought out still). Idk, just a thought.

Yo, including mafia would turn everyone gold. Those threads gets hundreds of pages of posts in mere hours.

Plus mafia doesn't really contribute conversation to the site.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I disagree with this, Mafia games tend to consist of thousands of posts, each player can average anywhere from 50 to 100 or more posts easily. I just don't feel like a necessary part of the game should count towards a reward system that is meant to encourage posts in other areas of the Forums.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
What's wrong with getting the achievement if you are meeting the post count? It's not like mafia and role-play posts aren't productive to the conversations in the thread they are apart of. This just seems like pointless gate-keeping to me

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
if you want people on the site roleplaying or playing mafia then i don't see why you wouldn't count the posts there. If you'd rather people didn't play mafia or roleplay, or if you don't care if they do, then it makes sense to not count posts, but i don't know why that would be the case.

It might be true that if you allowed posts in those sections to count that a lot of mafia players and roleplayers would now qualify for the silver name, but i don't know why that's a bad thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom