• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

Ninja

Well well well
Hi guys, for the sake of mature discussion we will re-open this thread. Please keep all suggestions on topic, and let's avoid any off topic comments and passive-aggressiveness to each other. We obviously all come from different backgrounds, join for different reasons, and stay because as a community we are like family. We don't always agree but most of the time we have productive discussions which ultimately lead to a better quality of life for the members here.

To the original suggestion, I think that Satan's request is not unreasonable, as we have had previous features like Mature Discussion opt-outs. I am not sure if Xenforo2 has these features, so I will defer to @Jimmu and @Vanessa28 to look into this. Perhaps there is an add-on that we can look into. If it helps, I'll be more than happy to consider purchasing it.

Other than that, you are all more than welcome to share your input, just please keep it civil. Thank you!

Actually move game specific topics to their respecitve gaming groups. All of them or none of them. Make your choice.
This incionsistant approach to it that is happening now is really annoying.

Honestly I think a good idea would be for the moderators collectively put out a statement on this so we all know where they stand on this.
At the moment I have no idea what makes the cut to be allow in the general gaming forum and what will be moved to the gaming groups as it feels really RNG at the moment. A little clarity on this issue would be nice.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
uh, I don't think I formalized this suggestion, so le's try here

Scrappy can make Shoutbox's main room really floody with the replies posts, specially when there are heated discussions, trolls, spambots, events, people that are quickly updating their thread for some reason, people trying to get a title last second, etc.

I feel like creating a room just for that would help maintaining the main room a bit cleaner.
There are literally no downwards to this, since people can just browse through to the suggested room if they want to keep themselves updated on the forum's activity/find an specific reply.

Last edited:

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion

Scrappy can make Shoutbox's main room really floody with the replies posts, specially when there are heated discussions, trolls, spambots, events, people that are quickly updating their thread for some reason, etc.

I feel like creating a room just for that would help maintaining the main room a bit cleaner.
There are literally no downwards to this, since people can just browse through to the suggested room if they want to keep themselves updated on the forum's activity/find an specific reply.

I totally am down with this. Hopefully they’ll make it. Because it does get pretty crowded in there sometimes

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Can we have prefixes "sign ups" and "play" for the role play section?
I think that's a good idea! "Sign Ups" and "Game Thread" like in the Mafia section should work well and be an easy fix. :)

I don't really know much about roleplaying at all. Is there anything in place now to prevent people just doing that on their own for their threads?

Scrappy can make Shoutbox's main room really floody with the replies posts, specially when there are heated discussions, trolls, spambots, events, people that are quickly updating their thread for some reason, people trying to get a title last second, etc.

I totally am down with this. Hopefully they’ll make it. Because it does get pretty crowded in there sometimes

I'm not so sure I think this is the best solution, or that there is really any huge issue the majority of the time with the way it is handled now. I feel as though this would cause less activity in people viewing threads. Sure, people could click there if they really wanted to but I feel like the extra step will lower activity and having to click back and forward between rooms when you remember is kind of annoying. Perhaps I could add a second "quiet chat" without the notifications if there is enough demand for it, but I would really rather the main chat to have notifications from threads appearing in there.

I want to see that pictures can be added in signature by uploading an image from a computer.

I am not aware of any Xenforo add-ons which allow this but if I see them available in the future I'd add it.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
I don't really know much about roleplaying at all. Is there anything in place now to prevent people just doing that on their own for their threads?
Aren't people supposed to be able to use prefixes for their own threads??
I'm not so sure I think this is the best solution, or that there is really any huge issue the majority of the time with the way it is handled now. I feel as though this would cause less activity in people viewing threads. Sure, people could click there if they really wanted to but I feel like the extra step will lower activity and having to click back and forward between rooms when you remember is kind of annoying. Perhaps I could add a second "quiet chat" without the notifications if there is enough demand for it, but I would really rather the main chat to
I dunno what's the big deal with Scrapper announcing the activities of a few threads. I too feel that it would cause a decrease in activity. I find Scrapper quite helpful.

If a separate quite room was created, I doubt people would go there because everytime I login, SB shows up by default. It is more likely to start up a conversation in SB rather than switching rooms.

I have an alt soln idk if it's possible. Why don't you give the ignore feature to Scrapper? (Assuming ignore works in Shout Box)

Pen

The game is on!

Well in the Mafia sub-forums when you create a new thread you can choose to label it as either Sign Up or Game Thread, but in the Roleplaying sub-forums that option doesn't exist when creating a new thread. Admittedly it's been a while since I last roleplayed here at the forums, but for those who still do I can definitely see why it would be convenient to have the same prefix alternatives as we have in the Mafia section.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Well in the Mafia sub-forums when you create a new thread you can choose to label it as either Sign Up or Game Thread, but in the Roleplaying sub-forums that option doesn't exist when creating a new thread. Admittedly it's been a while since I last roleplayed here at the forums, but for those who still do I can definitely see why it would be convenient to have the same prefix alternatives as we have in the Mafia section.
Ohhhhh right.

That's easy then - I've extended the Sign Up and Game Thread prefixes for use in the Roleplaying Sub-Forum.

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
There's no polite way to put this, or even real way to implement it without offering more safeguards up in the open or immediately upon joining, but keep members from harassing and hitting on members who clearly aren't interested.

This is a game forum, not some e-harmony website. You don't love said person, you saw a picture and thought they were attractive.

We've had members in the past try and hit on underage members, that's a big no and they were since banned, we've had members in the past who would constantly get harassed and asked deeply personal and uncomfortable questions about their sexuality, and we have members currently who get bugged because they have put a picture or two up in the picture thread.

It's dumb. Members need more protection, and while there isn't a technical breaking of rules, I'm sure you wouldn't want yourself or anyone you cared about to be constantly harassed in person all day every day by people with ulterior motives. I'm not saying that people can't form a relation here, that's happened in the past, but can we figure out a way outside of a straight up ignore to nip these annoyances in the bud? And let's use context sensitive clues and signs instead of the black and white, because manipulative types always seem to talk their way out of our lack of action.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom