• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

Hello, I am a relatively new user on this site. Something like 95% or more of my posts have been in the mafia forum, and its the thing I am most interested in here. I often find that, due to the rather large number of posts that mafia games generate, that 15 posts per page can be rather annoying to navigate through. I could not find a way to change this in my profile options, and I have had this option on many other sites that I have played mafia. Even upping the posts per page to forty would make me happier.
Is there any chance this feature could be added in the future?

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
I'm also fond of longer pages, for what thats worth.

We used to have an option under preferences to control how many replies were displayed per page, like on the user end. Don't know why XF2 removed it. Universally making it for everyone in the forum setup sounds like a really bad solution, however. Not all of us have devices that can load that much stuff on screen at once.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
To adjust the number of posts per page for everyone just for a part of the community is rather ridiculous, plus mobile users may have trouble loading all that info, especially in heavy threads like the last video/song threads. That's why it should be a personalized option.
Why the hell is xenforo trying to "modernize" i e remove features?

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
To adjust the number of posts per page for everyone just for a part of the community is rather ridiculous, plus mobile users may have trouble loading all that info, especially in heavy threads like the last video/song threads. That's why it should be a personalized option.
Why the hell is xenforo trying to "modernize" i e remove features?
I'm sure an add-on could be implemented and isolated to just the Mafia section, or personalized perhaps?

from what I've seen the posts per page is hardcoded into xenforo, unlike vbulletin or other software. most likely you'd literally have to **** with the php source code and that would just cause catastrophic errors when updating or anything else.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello, I am a relatively new user on this site. Something like 95% or more of my posts have been in the mafia forum, and its the thing I am most interested in here. I often find that, due to the rather large number of posts that mafia games generate, that 15 posts per page can be rather annoying to navigate through. I could not find a way to change this in my profile options, and I have had this option on many other sites that I have played mafia. Even upping the posts per page to forty would make me happier.
Is there any chance this feature could be added in the future?
Unfortunately due to the way XenForo is made this isn’t so easy. I’ll keep this issue in mind and keep my eye out for any plugins that address this issue well if they pop up in the future but I can’t make any guarantee. Given that a large amount of users use mobile and would struggle loading longer threads I don’t think changing the number globally would be appropriate as has been established above already.

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
Is there a way to limit blog posting in a set period of time? The enthusiasm is fine, but seeing blogs just get pushed out from users who occasionally post blogs while one or two members dominate that sidebar is a little maddening. It prevents other user's blogs from getting seen, and the general desire to want to post a blog in the first place.

Is there a way to limit blog posting in a set period of time? The enthusiasm is fine, but seeing blogs just get pushed out from users who occasionally post blogs while one or two members dominate that sidebar is a little maddening. It prevents other user's blogs from getting seen, and the general desire to want to post a blog in the first place.

I'm sorry, I just have a really big mouth. <3

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Thanks for the suggestion. I've done some looking around for ways to do this and have installed an add-on to make this possible.

Currently, I have set it for now at one blog per 24 hours. You can see the restriction in place at the bottom right of the below image. I am open to discussion as to whether 1 blog per 24 hours is too restrictive or not restrictive enough so anyone can feel free to chime in on that.

ubM2HTg.png

I also think the restriction should be put back in place in regards to new blog threads. It gets too abused for sure.

I am also considering adding back a "don't post more than two/three blogs in a row" type thing to ensure the section isn't dominated just by one or two users. Do we think this is still necessary given that I have been able to implement a time restriction?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom