• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
My suggestion is to bring back to GKAs. Don't break a long standing tradition just because one or two people don't feel like putting in the work to run them. I know the decision came mostly from pure laziness and I don't buy for one second that it was a decision made as the volunteer team. Regardless, it should've been discussed with the rest of the community first anyway.

I would've posted in the community discussion thread regarding them but it was conveniently not posted even though the shoutbox message said it probably would.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I'm in agreement regarding the GKAs. The announcement states they are being skipped:
due to the lack of activity vs the workload of setting them up.
I don't see how the previous year's activity is any different than activity in previous years were we did hold them. I could see maybe cutting some catagories out to ease the load if it's an issue, but skipping the event completely seems unnecessary.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
My suggestion is to bring back to GKAs. Don't break a long standing tradition just because one or two people don't feel like putting in the work to run them. I know the decision came mostly from pure laziness and I don't buy for one second that it was a decision made as the volunteer team. Regardless, it should've been discussed with the rest of the community first anyway.

I would've posted in the community discussion thread regarding them but it was conveniently not posted even though the shoutbox message said it probably would.

Bit rude there really, you do realise this community has depreciated even more than ever right? More to the point we can do GKA's but the simply problem is, the people who are active now were voted for (in the most part) for last time and are now ineligible to be entered again. It also doesn't help that people have lives to conduct outside the forums, i know for a fact since a few new games have appeared theres been virtually no activity forum wide.

I do agree however a forum wide post should've been posted in regards to the entire forum but again just boils down to, same faces again and again, we have a few new people but not really enough to fill all the categories.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
Been thinking About the GKA categories. Having all the categories would be too much for this shrinking community. Ive been thinking about what categories to keep and this is what I'd suggest
Most Helpful
Best Debator
Best Poster
Best Mafia Player
Best Role Player(don't know how active RP is )
Best Theorist
Best Lurker
Most Active New User
Most knowledgeable about Zelda
Best Artist
Best Graphics (could this be merged with best Artist?)
Best Writer
Best Music
Best Username
there could be more or less categories depending on what we need. Enough categories for a nice award thread but not so many to overwhelm our smaller size.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I have added the reaction @Rubik.

In regards to the GKA related discussion I think that the communication regarding the "cancellation" could have been handled much better. I'll take the blame for having not been around much to oversee pretty much anything for the past few months and my absence has largely contributed to causing this issue. Given that the community clearly want the awards to take place (and so do I) I will see to it that they do.

I'll make sure we have a thread posted by the end of this month in which the Comm. Coordinations and Volunteer team will seek feedback over the next few weeks regarding the awards so that anyone can have a good place to put their thoughts and contributions. More detail will be in the thread so keep an eye out for that over the next few days or so. Given that we will need time to collect this feedback and then organise the awards, I'll set a tentative frame of November/December to be holding the awards (with results being posted before the end of the year of course). While this time is different to when we usually hold the awards this should give us an opportunity to see how they fare at a different time of year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom