• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
We should have a featured post, blog, status, comment, VM, PM, like, quote, user, staff member, and ms paint drawing of the week.

Smash that mf like button if you agree

Reactions: Dan

Dan

We should have a featured post, blog, status, comment, VM, PM, like, quote, user, staff member, and ms paint drawing of the week.

Smash that mf like button if you agree

I agree although I rather it be called Ninja's favorite [insert thread, post, vm, pm, like, quote, staff member, ms paint drawing, zd woman here] of the week. I wouldn't mind seeing other moderator's x of the week either or anyone else that has the ability to change the shoutbox announcement.

For the GKAs could we have a 'post of the year' or something?

Ive read some great replies recently. A lot of members pour their hearts out and really put passion behind their words when talking about things they love here and I think it'd be good to celebrate some of them.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
@Jimmu

I'd like to do a "featured thread of the day/week", posted in the SB header. We can pick a thread that has great discussion potential and put it in the header, so more attention can be given to said thread. I know we used icons in the SB before during the Great Moo vs Oink War, and thought of a neat icon we can place next to header posts to get more attention to the threads.

For example, here's a featured thread screenshot in the header:

And before the text, I'd like to have an icon that sayd "New!".

NEW.png

Code:
[img]https://image.ibb.co/fPFJFx/NEW.png[/img]

The icon shortcut could be simply ":new:"

For example, the finished product would look like this:

I'm cool for there to be featured threads. Each day might be too much but weekly could work better I think. Alternatively, I think it might be better to just feature quality threads as they become available rather than on a set timeframe.

can you add the option to like your own posts?

i'd really like a way to show how much i like the things that i'm posting

I don't think this is really necessary.

For the GKAs could we have a 'post of the year' or something?

Ive read some great replies recently. A lot of members pour their hearts out and really put passion behind their words when talking about things they love here and I think it'd be good to celebrate some of them.

Thanks for the idea, I'll make sure we discuss it with @Azure Sage @Tristan and the volunteers.

==================================================================================

Also, please remember that this thread should be for serious suggestions only. Jokes and requests for personal matters (which should be asked via PM or otherwise) to be resolved don't belong here.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
Ok I know I made a silly blog about it, but can we get a one time, lifetime subscription to Lorule Lounge? I don’t wanna shell out 180 green a month to pay for that

Dan

Ok I know I made a silly blog about it, but can we get a one time, lifetime subscription to Lorule Lounge? I don’t wanna shell out 180 green a month to pay for that

It kinda sucks but at the same time the rules in that section are more relaxed which makes up for it. I would rather they fix the subscriptions so I don't have to keep paying for it each month. It is possible to extend it to something crazy like 10 years for a fixed price?

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I think spending rupees would be more interesting if doing so were able to be used as a means of self-expression, rather than simply being a gateway to access to forum features.

Dan

I would kill for a synthwave forum theme. If anyone is up for making one I'll do ANYTHING for you in return. Or if someone could point me in the right direction on values etc I need to edit together to make a theme I would make it myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom