• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Can the staff kindly make up it's mind and update the rules regarding Necroing threads? Especially when the threads have no new discussion made and in fact just argue over a point that was already established.

Ninja

Well well well
Can the staff kindly make up it's mind and update the rules regarding Necroing threads? Especially when the threads have no new discussion made and in fact just argue over a point that was already established.

Thread Necromancy: In general, revival of old threads is tolerated, as long as they are still relevant. However, outdated threads (such as those speculating about a game which has since been released) should not be revived. Posting answers to old questions is also discouraged, unless providing more information that previous answers did not.

From what I saw while reading the rules in regards to the thread in question, I don't believe the post had anything wrong with it. The thread was not an outdated speculation of a game, nor was it an answer to an old question.

Now, if the thread was revived by a spam post that added absolutely nothing to the conversation, the post would have been removed and the user would be notified. I would rather keep the thread open and generate some discussion than to discourage users from wanting to post.

Instead of locking the thread with all of the bickering that was posted, I instead removed the off topic posts and kept it open. Not to mention you replied to the user and added some conversation and facts to the thread subject.

I'm sorry if you feel that I made the wrong decision, and I appreciate your feedback, and I will be discussing this in the staff chat to make sure we are on the same page.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
From what I saw while reading the rules in regards to the thread in question, I don't believe the post had anything wrong with it. The thread was not an outdated speculation of a game, nor was it an answer to an old question.

Now, if the thread was revived by a spam post that added absolutely nothing to the conversation, the post would have been removed and the user would be notified. I would rather keep the thread open and generate some discussion than to discourage users from wanting to post.

Instead of locking the thread with all of the bickering that was posted, I instead removed the off topic posts and kept it open. Not to mention you replied to the user and added some conversation and facts to the thread subject.

I'm sorry if you feel that I made the wrong decision, and I appreciate your feedback, and I will be discussing this in the staff chat to make sure we are on the same page.

Only reason i actually replied in the end was because discussion actually turned to something relevant instead of two people circling the same point that was stated very early on.

The issue was the thread was revived via post that literally had nothing to do with OP a long time after the end of the thread. it's not so much the content as the length of time between posts i had and continue to have an issue with. This has been contested and asked a fair few times but can we actually get a solid statement from the staff team on the duration between posts before it's considered necroing. So far to date i've heard people state from as low as a month to as long as year.

Ninja

Well well well
can we actually get a solid statement from the staff team on the duration between posts before it's considered necroing. So far to date i've heard people state from as low as a month to as long as year.

Give me some time to bring this up with the others and if it makes sense to amend the rule or to make changes, we will update the rules accordingly. At this time though, I see no time restraint for necro'ing threads, only the posting criteria.

Just looked at the arcade, and it's been dead for a year, can we perhaps get a wipe of the scores on it?

I think a score wipe would be a great idea, but we should find a way to keep the old scores in some "hall of fame score" thread so we can still recognize other members scores.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Give me some time to bring this up with the others and if it makes sense to amend the rule or to make changes, we will update the rules accordingly. At this time though, I see no time restraint for necro'ing threads, only the posting criteria.

I think a score wipe would be a great idea, but we should find a way to keep the old scores in some "hall of fame score" thread so we can still recognize other members scores.

Which is the biggest issue i've got with Necro rule. the Time restraint (couldn't recall the word earlier) i'm hoping we can get something solid on it

that's the thing with the arcade though those scores have sat pretty for over a year. I think they kinda put people off truth to tell.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
I’ve noticed a lot more bots popping up on the forums, are we keeping the bot farm are we gonna get rid of them? I think if we wanna get rid of them we should add an extra measure of security to the registration page. We could use something like Recaptcha or some other security system to keep the bots away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom