• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

I suggest a Mario subforum.

I think a lot of members would like to talk about mario if there was a place to do it.
I know posting in gen gaming would be an option but with odyssey coming out i think that GG may get flooded and few other threads would get a look in.

We have a rather harmless pokemon subforum so i dont think having a mario forum next to that one would harm anything. I could totally fill it up to get it off the ground. Im sure other members will help too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dio

Zachie

Moo
I suggest a Mario subforum.

I think a lot of members would like to talk about mario if there was a place to do it.
I know posting in gen gaming would be an option but with odyssey coming out i think that GG may get flooded and few other threads would get a look in.

We have a rather harmless pokemon subforum so i dont think having a mario forum next to that one would garm anything. I could totally fill it up to get it off the ground. Im sure other members will help too.
I had to make a custom group thing so you should have to do the same. :P

I'd be happy to turn the WoP forum into a group as well, tbh.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Would it be feasible to have a "reaction" system similar to what Facebook has? I would love to be able to <3 or :ananger: people's posts without responding to them.

I think it would be better for activity if people did respond to things with words and got a conversation going rather than having these reactions.

You say 'rather than responding to them' which suggests that you would respond with words now. I take that as evidence that it would reduce posting on the forum if we had reactions. It just seems like a lazy option to me using a react instead of posting and I wouldn't like to encourage laziness around here since we aren't exactly a buzzing hive of activity.

If a post angers a person I think it is better they say why. We do have likes already which is fine. If you agree with someone then there is no need to reply to them telling them you agree. If you disagree and you just do a Grrr react instead of replying, then they don't know why you disagree and no discussion takes place.

Zachie

Moo
Would it be feasible to have a "reaction" system similar to what Facebook has? I would love to be able to <3 or :ananger: people's posts without responding to them.
You're basically just describing the Like system. I'm never a fan of dislike functions because you run the risk of offending people.

Ninja

Well well well
I think we should have an area to talk about books, and host book clubs. That'd be pretty cool

I think the idea of a book club is fantastic, however I think Media would be the go to for it. I did a search of the word "books" and there has been a lot of threads about books in the Media section. Are books popular enough here to warrant a sub forum for it?

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I was actually thinking that we would just have books in the media section, because media would include books, as well as music and movies. Plus things that are in-between, like web pages or various kinds of interactive media. Books are just one example of a large category.

https://zeldadungeon.net/forum/forums/media.108/

But it does occur to me that we could also create a social group for books, just like Zachie suggested for the Mario forums. I did see something called Lynel Book Club in there as a joke, but I presume there's nothing stopping anyone from creating an actual book club. The advantage of using the social group feature for this, is that people would be able to easily host their own separate book clubs to accommodate different tastes in literature.

https://zeldadungeon.net/forum/social-categories/general-discussion-groups.130/

In principle, I don't object to the idea of creating a book subforum in the media section, but it seems like there are a lot of existing threads about books there that would potentially have to be moved if this were done. Also, people might not think about the subforum and just create book threads in the media section itself... which would also have to be moved. In other words, because people are already accustomed to using the media subsection this way, changing the structure now would involve a learning curve for people who are used to the old way.

As a compromise solution, though... what if we just had a [Book] thread prefix for the Media subforum, so that people can emphasize that their thread is about books? Sort of like how General Gaming has Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft prefixes.

Last edited:

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I suppose that most people woundn't exactly know of the subforum if it were to be created, but we ALL know that those "Groups archives" are just places where dreams die. So many threads with no answers...

But the people who DO happen to post something about books, and are corrected by having their thread moved to the subforum will then know that there is a new subforum, and there will no longer be a problem for that person.

I agree with you on some level, but still think a subforum is a good idea for "book clubs", and "books" in general

We should also fix flappy cheep cheep

Last edited:
For a flat-out serious book club, are you certain you could get a group of people to read the same book, and then discuss it? Because that's what a book club is; assigning a book to read and then discussing it in a week or so. As a community, we already have difficulty getting more than, like, two people to partake in forum events like the community competitions. If you get enough interest, then people would be devoted enough to it to keep those discussions in a social group so it's not really necessary to suggest here. Social groups can be user-run. If you think they're doomed from the start, then maybe a book club doesn't suit the focus of the forum all that well since there is less specific book discussion in the media forum as already stated. and if you want to meme with us, feel free to join the lynel book club uwu

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom