• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Move TOYM Thread back to it's orginal location and actually talk to the forumers, yeah you guys literally just preached about equality about members but oh look, there isn't equality now is there. Jesus H. Christ Staff.
Yeah, the irony of Nathanials post is a little too much.

@Nathanial Rumphol-Janc I think that mentality is very good for ZD/ZI, because many of us went through extreme hassle trying to get that fundamentally ingrained.

Nate, how would you currently describe your forum role?

Sort of an in the background kind of lurker. I WANT to be more heavily involved, really get to know the community and help influence change, and I do/can get a say on pretty much any matter if I care to weigh in. I have access to all backend staff channels and all backend staff boards here with full admin rights. But, that's more or less because I am EiC of ZI, than necessarily a driving force for keeping these forums organized.

My goal is to assist any ZI members with the transistion and to hopefully keep peace should any of the old horrors I've heard about come around again. The big thing is trust. I trust Jimmy, and he trusts the mod team, and so I trust the team currently in place. I don't hav ehte power to remove anyone perse, but you know. I'm privy to the conversations and input many of you aren't. So basically, I'm more of a ZI peacekeeper that just wants to help where I can, rather than an enforcer.

Do you guys realize that some users lost as many as 2,000 posts now? I hope you understand that no one ever takes the non post count forums seriously. I guess all of the posts about my sickly mother or my depression in TOYM aren't worth an addition to my post count? I guess a picture thread isn't suitable for the Community Area (which, at this point, what is?)

This is a silly change and should have not been done without the consent of the user base. If @Nathanial Rumphol-Janc is right that ZI has always had a transparency where everyone matters, then he must be upset that ZD-i doesn't seem to show the same courtesy.

2,000? I lost something like 30,000 when Mases made the decision to not merge the ZI boards here. Heh, but that doesn't mean I don't see your point. I mean, ultimately post counts are completely irrelevant and arbitrary anyways. ZI is built on transparency. ZD-i forums not doing that is a bit out of my control. That being said, I haven't seen anything that bad since the "merger" (officially) with the new layout. So, I can't speak to it. I do agree though that some of these decisions should come forward publicly first.

Can we like put the how edgy are you thread in the forum games and lounge? Or at least put things on your mind thread back? I mean how edgy are you is literally a spam thread and things on your mind can get good posts sometimes but apparently the former can't be used to spam and get more posts for the contest but the latter can?

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
This might sound like a hella snobby suggestion, but I think it would be a good idea to have at least a slight guideline to thread titles so that the words have to be spelt correctly or at at the very least be real words in the dominant language of the forum (i.e. English). I don't mean if there's just a typo or something, but there's a thread where somebody calls cheese 'chez'. I think for the sake of clarity and ease of use (and lack of annoyingness) they should at least have to write the real word in, unless it is just a joke or spam thread, in which case it shouldn't be in general discussion. Right?

Beauts

Can we like add a rule that makes it so good grammar is required? Unless you're foreign or something then it's kinda understandable, but the grammar here's been so broken it's annoying and nonsensical.

And like can we ban intentional typos in thread titles

Beauts

Second suggestion of the day:

Moderators actually do their jobs and you know, moderate the forum, and keep an eye on spammy/stupid/misspelt/inappropriate threads. I know, I know, this is an extremely controversial suggestion that will raise many eyebrows, especially when the main priority is just to punish people you don't like and reward new members for no reason whatsoever, but hey, some of us don't want to go into the MD and find some weird list of video game fetish which is probably a joke. Stop me if I'm wrong, but 'can someone draw me a picture of a dominatrix midna' or whatever the ****, is not really the basis for a discussion. A) If you really want that kind of thing, there is a fan art section they may request things in I suppose and :cool: what kind of discussion is going to arise from this realistically?

P.S. video game fetish stuff is fine, if you're talking about the actual subject, but I really don't see how one person's incessant posting on a subject is a form of discussion, and how all the responses are just spam posts to bump up people's numbers for the competition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom