• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
@Jimmu idk if you saw my post from yesterday after all the posts in quick succession in this thread but Jamie made a plugin for forcing a spoiler on large signatures before The Switch™ so if you would like to talk to him about using it that would be great :bubsy:

You mean before the switch to Xenforo? Is this useable for Xenforo @Jamie?

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
As long as you close your color tags properly, it should automatically revert to the default.
well when you click Color, it doesn't. forgive my laziness at 3 in the morning of not wanting to do The Old BBC... I don't know if it will even work
it didn't go back

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I just edited the text back in your last post.

Highlight the colored text and then click the "A" symbol to choose colours and click "none" under the colours.
I do find there are multiple formatting problems. If I turn the color back to none on the same line it changes all of that line back to none, which is quite frustrating.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Use the plain text editor.
Yeah, that's what I've found is the easiest solution. Would be nice if the error with BBcode on the regular editor was fixed though.

Okay so I have some suggestions...

Would it be possible to make it so we can either make it so a user can toggle something in their privacy setting that makes it so guests can't view their posts or to make it so you can force ignore gusts with certain IP addresses?

And also could we make it so you can like PMs(but not have it contribute to the like count to avoid cheating(aka the user gets a notification that their PM was liked and the notice at the bottom will say "User likes this post" but without it adding to the amount of like they have))?

And just one last thing, could we enable image tags in the shoutbox, but make images autoresize to a reasonable size and also enforce the no spam rule(and of course the no NSFW stuff one)? Not only would this be super handy but it'd basically put to rest this whole emote fiasco and users could use custom emotes and such.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Okay so I have some suggestions...

Would it be possible to make it so we can either make it so a user can toggle something in their privacy setting that makes it so guests can't view their posts or to make it so you can force ignore gusts with certain IP addresses?

And also could we make it so you can like PMs(but not have it contribute to the like count to avoid cheating(aka the user gets a notification that their PM was liked and the notice at the bottom will say "User likes this post" but without it adding to the amount of like they have))?

And just one last thing, could we enable image tags in the shoutbox, but make images autoresize to a reasonable size and also enforce the no spam rule(and of course the no NSFW stuff one)? Not only would this be super handy but it'd basically put to rest this whole emote fiasco and users could use custom emotes and such.

This is a public forum, and as such, some posts are going to be available publicly to everyone. If you want to post any private or sensitive information you shouldn't be posting it here anyway.

I'll take a look into if there are any add ons for liking PMs, but it isn't a top priority right now. If there is an easy way I'll do it, but otherwise it'll have to wait.

I'm against image tags in the SB for the same reason as emotes. No matter what the size, they're not needed in there and it is supposed to be for discussion. If you really must show an image you can link to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom