• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

If it doesn't cost money and is relatively feasible can we do this
image.jpeg
I think it would benefit a lot of people and pretty much everyone wants this

Last edited:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Are unliking posts really that necessary?

You can unlike posts.

Can we make it so Emotes can't be spammed say any more than a certain number in a row (maybe 3) no longer appear.

It is a problem I have seen recently in the shoutbox that spamming is resurfacing again. Its not pleasant especially for new members. And makes it hard for people to actually talk in there.

DARK MASTER

The Emperor
Also can we bring back THEBESTZDERS theme? I really liked that one and it disappeared
No. Perhaps somebody could work on more Zelda related themes though? Maybe based off different games...an A Link to the Past theme wouldn't be very hard to create.

Reactions: Dio
Are unliking posts really that necessary?
Well, if one were to accidentally like a profile post comment that they didn't mean to, they'd probably want to be able to unlike it. So, I'd say it is necessary or at least useful.
No. Perhaps somebody could work on more Zelda related themes though? Maybe based off different games...an A Link to the Past theme wouldn't be very hard to create.
Why not?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I know that a lot of people disliked them, but can we have post alerts for the Mafia section in the Shoutbox again? Many games have been suffering from inactivity as of late, and I think it's partially because a lot of people don't realize people are posting in them (I always watch mafia threads, but I don't always get the alert). Perhaps there could be an option for individual users to disable alerts if they find them annoying, I just think it would be beneficial for the section as a whole. Also, even though I don't personally participate in them, I think Roleplay alerts would be good as well.

If the rest of the community is against this and there's no way to disable them, then don't do it. It's just that I think, since Community Area threads are able to appear in the SB now, that there's no real reason why Mafia threads can't be either.

EDIT: Also, a Shoutbox announcement whenever signups for a new game are open isn't a bad idea.

Last edited:

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
EDIT: Also, a Shoutbox announcement whenever signups for a new game are open isn't a bad idea.

This is a good idea, there's a link to the Overwatch Mafia sign-ups above the Shoutbox now. If new sign-ups start and the announcement doesn't get updated, anybody can message an online staff member and they should happily adjust it.

As for the Shoutbox alerts, it has always been difficult to please everybody. I wouldn't mind Mafia/Roleplay notifications coming back in there since the sections aren't as active as they used to be, though making it optional would still be the best option if possible.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
BWWA suggested it yesterday, and I think it might be a good idea to have to purchase the ability to use or see THEBESTEMOTES.
It should cost 20 rupees to use one. That is equivalent to making a thread so it proves that member had contributed to ZD society and may in return post one of those monstrosities.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Also I think birthday alerts would be a good thing to impliment.

Basically when it is the birthday of someone you follow you get an alert and link to their profile to deliver a B'day message, because it can be easy to miss a forum dwellers birthday.

I haven't found a plugin for this yet.

How would you guys feel about more custom profiles? like the good old days

Or for this unfortunately.

You can unlike posts.

Can we make it so Emotes can't be spammed say any more than a certain number in a row (maybe 3) no longer appear.

It is a problem I have seen recently in the shoutbox that spamming is resurfacing again. Its not pleasant especially for new members. And makes it hard for people to actually talk in there.

This isn't an option, would you guys prefer if we started enforcing a no spamming rule on the emotes? I do agree that excessive use is extremely annoying and off-putting.

I know that a lot of people disliked them, but can we have post alerts for the Mafia section in the Shoutbox again? Many games have been suffering from inactivity as of late, and I think it's partially because a lot of people don't realize people are posting in them (I always watch mafia threads, but I don't always get the alert). Perhaps there could be an option for individual users to disable alerts if they find them annoying, I just think it would be beneficial for the section as a whole. Also, even though I don't personally participate in them, I think Roleplay alerts would be good as well.

If the rest of the community is against this and there's no way to disable them, then don't do it. It's just that I think, since Community Area threads are able to appear in the SB now, that there's no real reason why Mafia threads can't be either.

We'll try it out and see how it goes, if people dislike the extra disruption then post to follow up here. This shoutbox offers no option to disable alerts on a user-by-user basis.

BWWA suggested it yesterday, and I think it might be a good idea to have to purchase the ability to use or see THEBESTEMOTES.

I don't think that this is necessary to buy them. There is already an option to block them if you hate them too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom