• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

To be fair, in any sort of democratic system there is an element of trust — trust elections won't be rigged — trust members won't vote against the community's best interest.

Though to be clear everyone, we must put staff elections in perspective; currently we've got an excellent staff team, which gives us no pressing reason to change, but this might be a fun experiment in the future. For example: my system of staff elections would consist of preselected candidates by staff, then community members and staff that have been around for at least a year would choose. This system should prevent GeorgeBushClitorusMaster78 from becoming community coordinator.
They should also have been active for at least a year. Someone who joined in 2012 but then stopped coming here until 2016 probably shouldn't be able to vote.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
How about the ability to dislike and a special thread to object/negotiate if you belive you're ban was unfair.

There is already a contest bans and infraction thread.

As for the dislikes. We used to be able to give negative reputation for poor quality posts yet apparently people abused the **** out of it.

As for the dislikes. We used to be able to give negative reputation for poor quality posts yet apparently people abused the **** out of it.
Yes, but what good is being able to contest a ban if the ban is already expired? I mean one where banned members can temporarily acess.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
Dislikes are almost sort of counterintuitive to having a positive community. This is at least one reason why they aren't used here and similarly aren't used by a certain social media giant known as facebook. Disliking someone's post simply doesn't encourage them to post more. This may not be an entirely fair system, as it's hard to make out how much a post is actually liked compared to disliked, but it is that way for a reason. Now unlike facebook, I reckon that we can listen to our community and look into adding a dislike option if they wanted one, although this would likely have to wait until after the merge to be implemented if it is wanted.

Dislikes are almost sort of counterintuitive to having a positive community. This is at least one reason why they aren't used here and similarly aren't used by a certain social media giant known as facebook. Disliking someone's post simply doesn't encourage them to post more. This may not be an entirely fair system, as it's hard to make out how much a post is actually liked compared to disliked, but it is that way for a reason. Now unlike facebook, I reckon that we can listen to our community and look into adding a dislike option if they wanted one, although this would likely have to wait until after the merge to be implemented if it is wanted.
You make some good points, but I know a community that has dislikes available and is still much more positive than here

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
This is a different community here of a different size and type of user. Just because one thing works somewhere else doesn't mean that applied to our own forums that it is going to be a good thing.

This is a different community here of a different size and type of user. Just because one thing works somewhere else doesn't mean that applied to our own forums that it is going to be a good thing.
Actually both forums are about the same size and I was just noting that the system isn't always counterintuitive.

DARK MASTER

The Emperor
Though you cannot participate if you're banned (perhaps banned members should at least be allowed to give their perspective).

Deus, I think he only meant this in the context of disapproval for bans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom