• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

Dan

It can also lead to abuse, some popular member can easily use the threat of community bad to get rid of someone.

TF2 pub matches are the worst I've ever seen such a system exploited online. (I'm not in any way comparing this to ZD)
Where someone can literally call a vote to ban a participant from the game for no reason what so ever and most people tend to just hit yes to the ban without even thinking.

Salem

SICK
TF2 pub matches are the worst I've ever seen such a system exploited online. (I'm not in any way comparing this to ZD)
Where someone can literally call a vote to ban a participant from the game for no reason what so ever and most people tend to just hit yes to the ban without even thinking.
Yeah, specially when those who vote yes just trust the person who called the ban, not knowing if there's a context behind everything.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
A community ban is a good idea I think, but only if it is always utilized properly. The only scenario I can think of where it would (mostly) be used the right way is for the shoutbox, though I do not know what efforts are required to make the shoutbox have that feature (or if it is even possible to begin with). It would be used for a votekick feature, and ideally it would be used to temporarily mute spammers with large emoticons or people who have negative intentions..

A community ban is a good idea I think, but only if it is always utilized properly. The only scenario I can think of where it would (mostly) be used the right way is for the shoutbox, though I do not know what efforts are required to make the shoutbox have that feature (or if it is even possible to begin with). It would be used for a votekick feature, and ideally it would be used to temporarily mute spammers with large emoticons or people who have negative intentions..
Why would we block emote users? They are our friends.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Well it would be in the case where theyspam post very large emoticons and this would be to help users with slower PCs. not just anyone who uses a large emoticon.
You can block the emotes themselves though. All of them, with one line, you can block all of the large emotes, because they are all in one category.

On the community ban idea, I don't know how I feel. Direct democracy to me is a lot better than oligarchy. I find it somewhat ironic that the staff members, a group of unelected officials, who make all of our decisions for us, are saying that a direct democracy system would be corrupt/abusable. Umm, just to let you know, oligarchy, particularly an oligarchy created with zero input from the community, is way more corrupt than direct democracy.

For some reason, the staff have always thought that it's better for them to pick people than for the community to choose how they want to be governed. Now, in the context of this being a money making site primarily that Mases needs to keep respectful, I can understand why it's the way it is. But please, don't pretend that it's a horrible idea for people to vote on everything instead of having the staff vote for us. It actually makes a lot more sense and is considerably more fair.

That being said, I'm not for a community ban. I am however for the community dictating what all of the rules are and deciding what breaks rules and what doesn't. So, effectively a community ban, but you can't ban people for no reason. Something akin to an anarchist system would be pretty reasonable, and would work pretty well on such a small scale. However, I doubt it will ever happen.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Ok I'm not actually completely sure but I think the force ignore feature isn't working now or something? If so, can we reinstate it please. I have my reasons.
The force ignore I have in place seems to be working same as it always has. Only problem is that the "Show Ignored Content" button is still available. For forced ignore cases like mine, stalking, that button should be made inaccessible, which is doable with a simple line of CSS code to hide that button. But I lost my force ignore once and had to ask for it to be reinstated. Perhaps ask the mods to look into it and make sure yours is still active. They can renable it if it's not.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
The force ignore I have in place seems to be working same as it always has. Only problem is that the "Show Ignored Content" button is still available. For forced ignore cases like mine, stalking, that button should be made inaccessible, which is doable with a simple line of CSS code to hide that button. But I lost my force ignore once and had to ask for it to be reinstated. Perhaps ask the mods to look into it and make sure yours is still active. They can renable it if it's not.

Yeah I realised this is probably what's wrong with the force ignore feature for me too, it seems counter productive to just allow each other to unblock content anyway

Dan

Many of the themes are a little busted. They're still all usable however and won't be fixed as they're all going to be destroyed after the merge.

Dan

The community is usually quite vocal about terrible mods anyway. Not that it makes much difference anyway. From what I've seen the majority of the community are very happy with the mods so far. If people have an issue with a member of staff they should be able to voice their views and then a decision about what to do with that mod should arise. This is already being discussed in that huge merge thread however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom