• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I just noticed there is an entire section dedicated to the mailbag. I don't think it's a bad idea, I'm just wondering why we made it? Will more threads besides the question thread be encouraged to be made? I just don't see the point of an entire section unless it's expanded to have more than one thread.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I just noticed there is an entire section dedicated to the mailbag. I don't think it's a bad idea, I'm just wondering why we made it? Will more threads besides the question thread be encouraged to be made? I just don't see the point of an entire section unless it's expanded to have more than one thread.

The idea is that it is more visible the way it is and Mases would want as many people seeing it as possible so he gets lots of questions.

Djinn

and Tonic
Mases wanted it added last week. It is meant to post the latest mailbag videos on the forum at the same time as the main site.

I sort of wanted to make it into a General Purpose main site posting/feedback/suggestion section but no one was too sure how successful that would be.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Mases wanted it added last week. It is meant to post the latest mailbag videos on the forum at the same time as the main site.

I sort of wanted to make it into a General Purpose main site posting/feedback/suggestion section but no one was too sure how successful that would be.
That is a good idea, thanks for explaining.

Considering not too many forum members actually check the main site, and actually openly admit it, it might not work.

Dan

I know we're doing all these new things with the bank and shop stuff, but shouldn't our primary focus be on fixing the themes that got messed up?

I think it may take a little more time. None of the themes aren't exactly badly broken. I'm using the Din theme currently and the post bit is missing everything apart from Avatar, name, rank, awards and the newly added credit. There's also pink borders around avatars now and some forum ranks. Text is the same colour as the media input box which misleads you into thinking you haven't pasted a link. Oh and signature formatting is a little messy.

I know we're doing all these new things with the bank and shop stuff, but shouldn't our primary focus be on fixing the themes that got messed up?
The complications with the themes shouldn't hinder further progress on other aspects forum. In fact, I would insist that the staff keep their focus on the other things. I've been working on fixing the themes in the meantime, but progress is a little slow because I keep spending most of my time sleeping. Also, since the themes actually *broke*, I'm not entirely aware of what I need to re-style, so I'm sort of going in half-blind. It's not like starting a theme from scratch, where I know what I still have left to do. I have to actively search for the things that are broken. Hoverstates and font size issues are in plain sight, but there is without a doubt, other things that need resolved as well.

I'll probably give the Din, Nayru, Farore and Delt Fourms themes a complete overhaul for the sake of ease. And hopefully they won't look so incomplete when I'm done, because you can't deny that they sort of looked half-finished even before they broke. Tingle still needs finished altogether. And The Lost Woulds has some things I've been meaning to fix on it as well.

Dan

The complications with the themes shouldn't hinder further progress on other aspects forum. In fact, I would insist that the staff keep their focus on the other things. I've been working on fixing the themes in the meantime, but progress is a little slow because I keep spending most of my time sleeping. Also, since the themes actually *broke*, I'm not entirely aware of what I need to re-style, so I'm sort of going in half-blind. It's not like starting a theme from scratch, where I know what I still have left to do. I have to actively search for the things that are broken. Hoverstates and font size issues are in plain sight, but there is without a doubt, other things that need resolved as well.

I'll probably give the Din, Nayru, Farore and Delt Fourms themes a complete overhaul for the sake of ease. And hopefully they won't look so incomplete when I'm done, because you can't deny that they sort of looked half-finished even before they broke. Tingle still needs finished altogether. And The Lost Woulds has some things I've been meaning to fix on it as well.
I agree, please turn Din into a more communistic theme, but don't mess with it to much, it's my main.
I wouldn't mind seeing that valentines theme you linked me the other day of a sudden show up, if you catch my drift. :bubsy:

LL groups and shoutbox, active money trabsfers, more emotes, a previous usernames tab on people who have changed their name's profile, the ability to delete threads though staff could still see them so if you are deleting it for bad reasons, and a similar threads box displayed under each thread.

Reactions: Dan

Dan

LL groups and shoutbox, active money trabsfers, more emotes, a previous usernames tab on people who have changed their name's profile, the ability to delete threads though staff could still see them so if you are deleting it for bad reasons, and a similar threads box displayed under each thread.

The ability to see previous usernames would be quite handy. I've lost track of a few people quite a few times and asking a person what their original username 95% of the time always results in sarcasm.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
The ability to see previous usernames would be quite handy. I've lost track of a few people quite a few times and asking a person what their original username 95% of the time always results in sarcasm.

Yes but there are people who don't want previous usernames shown so clearly that's a bad option to even offer Dan. People change their usernames for a reason, if i have to change my username you can be sure i don't want people knowing my previous name

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom