• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Make the mafia section like the RP section: Give no post count, give no gold, and dont show up in the shoutbox.

It's disheartening to see the SB spammed by Mafia games.

It makes it much easier to stay caught up on the posts, because you can see when people are posting, and don't have to constantly refresh the page. For Mafia players, it is convenient to have them show up in the SB.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Make the mafia section like the RP section: Give no post count, give no gold, and dont show up in the shoutbox.

It's disheartening to see the SB spammed by Mafia games.
This was intentionally done way back when so as to promote activity. I don't see it changing any time soon.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Actually, I've a suggestion. Maybe there could be a "writing help" subsubforum in the Fan Writing subforum? A couple of people on here have refrained from posting their works ont he count that they would be considered mediocre, but I think they'd be more willing to ask for help. It's just, with all of the stories being tossed around, it's actualyl rather hard to get a help thread going in my expereince. :I

Djinn

and Tonic
Postcount and gold are disabled in the Mafia section but SB alerts remained on so that people would quickly know of a new reply to maintain activity in the thread.

And there have been a couple writing help threads in the section in the past. It still seems like something that could be handled in a thread instead of a section as I do not think there would really be enough activity to justify adding a new section.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I'd like to suggest a signature rule alteration. The last time I checked, these are the current signature guidelines:

Mases said:
Rule #4: Have Appropriate Signatures

Once a member reaches 5 posts, they will have the ability to add a signature via their profile that will show up on every post that user makes. To keep the forums running smoothly and cut down on clutter, signatures should meet the following requirements:

Signature Size should be no larger than 800x250 pixels. That is 800 pixels in width and 250 pixels in height. This include all pictures and text within a signature. The purpose of this rule is to cut down on the amount of scrolling a user will have to do through forum threads as the signatures will take up a portion of the room on the page. A diagram of this size limit is included in a separate post below.

As of recently, several users have had signatures that have far surpassed this limit, and have clearly not been warned about it (otherwise their signatures wouldn't have been this big). I've been warned in the past, even when I've only gone a few pixels over; however, users nowadays have at least surpassed 50px and seem to have received no warnings at all. I believe this is unfair, and to reach a compromise I propose a rule alteration.

I'd recommend that instead of having a 800px wide by 250px tall limit, we have a 800px wide by 300px tall limit. Either that, or moderators need to start handing out warnings and infractions. I'm not going to name any specific users, but clearly many people have been disregarding these rules, and it's been bugging me for quite some time now.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
As of recently, several users have had signatures that have far surpassed this limit, and have clearly not been warned about it (otherwise their signatures wouldn't have been this big). I've been warned in the past, even when I've only gone a few pixels over; however, users nowadays have at least surpassed 50px and seem to have received no warnings at all. I believe this is unfair, and to reach a compromise I propose a rule alteration.

I'd recommend that instead of having a 800px wide by 250px tall limit, we have a 800px wide by 300px tall limit. Either that, or moderators need to start handing out warnings and infractions. I'm not going to name any specific users, but clearly many people have been disregarding these rules, and it's been bugging me for quite some time now.

How long ago have you been warned about your signature, and by whom were you infracted? Let me tell you: I've gotten infracted for 'poor posting quality', but that was under some pretty intense moderator's fist. The moderators of today are very lax. If this warning happened a year ago or so, then I really don't see the importance of a rule change.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
How long ago have you been warned about your signature, and by whom were you infracted? Let me tell you: I've gotten infracted for 'poor posting quality', but that was under some pretty intense moderator's fist. The moderators of today are very lax. If this warning happened a year ago or so, then I really don't see the importance of a rule change.
It wasn't necessarily a year ago, but rather quite a few months. Still, moderators should never be so lax with rules. They're rules for a reason, and Mods are not doing their jobs if they don't uphold said rules. That's why I recommend either a change in our rules or we start seriously enforcing what we have.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I'd like to suggest a signature rule alteration. The last time I checked, these are the current signature guidelines:

How do you know the users have not been warned? There are plenty of users being warned in the past and very recent past but if members didn't or don't change their signatures right away it is not something we can control.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
How do you know the users have not been warned? There are plenty of users being warned in the past and very recent past but if members didn't or don't change their signatures right away it is not something we can control.
Vanessa, I don't mean to be a *****, but even your signature surpasses the limit. Your sig is 270px+ in height, when the current limit only allows 250px. Don't you see how that's unfair?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Vanessa, I don't mean to be a *****, but even your signature surpasses the limit. Your sig is 270px+ in height, when the current limit only allows 250px. Don't you see how that's unfair?

Lax. Moderators.

Anywho, twenty additional pixels is not some criminal activity punishable by a 1st degree infraction. It seems you're complaining about water so far under the bridge. Chill out a bit.

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day

Ummm, sis...Venace's banner is 500 x 250 and I honestly doubt that little row of text down there really makes much of a difference.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
As far as I can tell I haven't seen anybody being infracted or warned for an oversized signature in a long time. It is more that people add tons of text above or under a pic or add like many spoiler tags in it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom