• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

Kybyrian

Not a suggestion, just a question that doesnt deserve its own topic.

Under the article center, there is a "private boards". I've never seen it before. Thought it meant I got the article writer position, but my application hasn't been marked "decided" and my name isnt gold. What's up with that?

We've recently allowed users with over 100 posts to access the Site Projects subforum of the Private Boards forum. This is what you should be able to see:

1qR0x

The Site Projects board is currently unused, but we are working on a way to utilize it and want to get established members of the community involved. The Article Center is something entirely different. Once your application is accepted, you will be able to see the Article Center board under the Special Forums category. You don't actually get the golden username color until you have an article published, but once your application is accepted, you will be able to submit articles for review so they may be published.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Is there any way to implement something in people's profiles that shows the person's current local time and/or timezone (this option could be added only if people want to give out that info)? It would be helpful if you want to know when someone is likely to be online.

If not could this "Time Zone" field be added in the about me section?

Djinn

and Tonic
I have not seen anything like that before on vbulletin but I am sure there is most likely a plugin made to do just that. (assuming because I have seen everything else under the sun made already) Although I don't think anyone has ever requested it in the past. Might be something to look out for the next time I look around for various vbulletin add-ons.

Majora's Cat

How about that
Regarding the "Event Staff" Banner

Recently the new "Event Staff" banner started looking off to me, and I'm not sure if any modifications were done to it. However, in its current state, the banner looks really unnatural. If I may use GirlWithAFairy's profile as an example...

1FFay
You can see that it doesn't look quite right. In all other banners, the title of the rank is perfectly centered between the user title and avatar picture. All other banners are placed immediately below the user title, while there is some filler space between the banner and the title. Click here and we can plainly see that the dimensions of the banner, 150 x 48, is abnormally large because of the space at the top. Compared with the "Article Writer" banner, which is 150 x 35 pixels (a fairly standard size used for banners on the forums), it looks really off.

Sorry, this was just really nagging at my brain.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Since there are many Anime/Manga fans here maybe we could have an "Anime Area" subforum in the "General Chitchat" forum? It could be a great place for discussion on all things Anime and Manga. What do you guys think?

Austin

Austin
This is a super-minor gripe, but when using the brown skin, the little module at the top of each thread listing how many likes exist is rather bright and contrasts with the rest of the skin. Is there any way to tone it down a bit?

Gold said:
This is a super-minor gripe, but when using the brown skin, the little module at the top of each thread listing how many likes exist is rather bright and contrasts with the rest of the skin. Is there any way to tone it down a bit?
There're a lot of bugs with the brown forum skin that should be fixed, but haven't been, and I'm glad I'm not the only one suffering... =/ Here's another example:

Like, the actions in the shoutbox are black text, even on brown skin:
1Hu0M

It is especially difficult to read on my monitor, because it doesn't have the best color palette to begin with, so it's just very annoying. I just wanted to point it outtt... even though I'm a mod and could probably directly nag someone to do something about it...

Austin

Austin
Like, the actions in the shoutbox are black text, even on brown skin:
1Hu0M

It is especially difficult to read on my monitor, because it doesn't have the best color palette to begin with, so it's just very annoying. I just wanted to point it outtt... even though I'm a mod and could probably directly nag someone to do something about it...
Yes, that's rather annoying as well. It honestly scared me away from the skin at first, but apart for the minor bugs I think it's the best skin on ZD.

Also, I forgot to mention this in my first post but having some more control over our postbits could be nice. I really dislike clutter and I don't get why our number of blogs have to be in our postbit at all. Post number makes sense, so do join date and location I guess, but why blogs?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I wanted to post this in the purple board but... Anyway, the competitions subforum is going strongly but I feel it could use some extra spice. So I thought of a few more competitions to have hosted:

Speedrunning/Misc Challenge Competitions (primarily Zelda but it can branch out)
The basic premise for this is the competition host picks a game [again, primarily a Zelda game but branch outs are possible], pick a section (eg OoT Inside the Deku Tree), and then the players record their various runs. Whoever does it the fastest (or whatever the criteria is, could be no damage or killing all enemies or whatever) wins. A decent enough camera or capture card is needed for this, as well as a computer fast enough for video capture. Still, I wager most of us have cameras like iPhone type or a little worse or better.

Dance
The basic premise for this is the competition picks a dance and the people do it. Whoever dances the best (or whoever garners the most votes really) wins. This was inspired by seeing Majora's Cat going along making dance videos :]

EDIT:
I know the comp team is busy and stuff...but I really want to push for video game competitions. A couple members on the site I know have a Dazzle at the very least, others have Hauppauge HD PVR and some still just have external cameras. I could host video game comps (I've done it before, made awards for people as well)...I just wanna see it happen.

Last edited:

Austin

Austin
Can we move the two Pokemon sections together?

Also, I don't really think the "World of" prefixes are really necessary these days. I feel like it would be cleaner just to have the sections named "Darksiders", "Pokemon" and "The Legend of Zelda".

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
So, I just bought two masks in the VB Shop and it turns out that they don't get displayed like some of the other items. Perhaps you guys could create a separate box on the profile pages somewhere between "Friends" and "Last 20 Visitors" in which the items that don't get displayed beneath your post count can at least be shown off somewhere.

EDIT: I do understand that they are visible by clicking on the "VB Shop" tab of your profile page but I feel it kind of defeats the purpose of buying the item if you can't display what you spent your hard-earned gold on.

EDIT 2: Also, while I'm remembering, DGN does not have an abbreviation rollover for it yet like ZD does. Since ZD is now part of DGN, perhaps it would be a good idea to have one of those rollovers for it.

Last edited:

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I had an idea recently. In the anime Sword Art Online, players of the game could get "married". It was like a form of friending, although it was a deeper connection then a simple friendship request. I think we should have Marriage Requests here at Zelda Dungeon, what with all the "marriages" going on between members anyway. Why not make it official? I think it would be pretty neat! There could even be a little married icon, in the shape of a wedding ring, next to our usernames, next to the gender icon. I'm not entirely sure how far this would go, though, but it would probably have to have more benefits than a friend request.

I'll let you experts in the staff think this over. ;)

Bumping this up because I think it's a GENIUS idea! :brow: <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom