• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

All Might

You are your own destiny
Forum Volunteer
There is something I would like to have been added a long time ago. Yes, it might seem like taking after ZU, and I intend for zero animosity in this statement. I suggest a link be placed at the bottom of each article so that we can travel between posts with more relative ease. I feel it'll inspire people to comment more, above all, and altogether facilitate passage from one to the other.

David

But you called me here...
There is something I would like to have been added a long time ago. Yes, it might seem like taking after ZU, and I intend for zero animosity in this statement. I suggest a link be placed at the bottom of each article so that we can travel between posts with more relative ease. I feel it'll inspire people to comment more, above all, and altogether facilitate passage from one to the other.
We're actually going to work on that in the very near future. Some of the new layout issues are more important than this right now. But it will happen.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'd like to suggest a change to the username change requirements.

I realize that it is confusing for everyone to change their names and what not, because face it, people will change just for the sake of changing. But, for people that have established themselves, for example they've been on ZD for a year plus, but their username doesn't cause any problems such as racial issues/gender differences/whatever...why would it still be a problem for one change? They're already established within the userbase, and a quick but simple explanation as to who they are wouldn't be too troublesome. Heck, people could still call me Vanitas were my name changed to ChrisRedfield. It doesn't pay attention to the username change, yes, but I'm still the same person.

Basically, if I am well established, have been a member for a certain amount of time (6 months+ perhaps?), and want a username change...I would like to have it.

Last edited:

David

I'd like to suggest a change to the username change requirements.

I realize that it is confusing for everyone to change their names and what not, because face it, people will change just for the sake of changing. But, for people that have established themselves, for example they've been on ZD for a year plus, but their username doesn't cause any problems such as racial issues/gender differences/whatever...why would it still be a problem for one change? They're already established within the userbase, and a quick but simple explanation as to who they are wouldn't be too troublesome. Heck, people could still call me Vanitas were my name changed to ChrisRedfield. It doesn't pay attention to the username change, yes, but I'm still the same person.

Basically, if I am well established, have been a member for a certain amount of time (6 months+ perhaps?), and want a username change...I would like to have it.
Very well. We have removed that time requirement. However, we, the administrative/moderation staff, reserve the right to deny any and all name changes, should we feel the need.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Thank you so much, ZD staffers, for taking it into consideration!
I respect your right to deny requests; I wouldn't want everyone getting a namechange either, even if name changing is trivial, in large amounts it could become stressing. :xd:

Zelda's_Child

~Insert Epicness Here~
I don't really have a suggestion, but I feel this new header layout is too cramped. I guess I'll get used to the change in time, but at the moment, I feel overwhelmed with the amount of things along the header. I guess it's a little messy, in my eyes.

I also don't really like the fact that the website now has a Pokemon Dungeon. This is a Zelda site, and should always stay that way. Although, I would like to hear about why these things were changed, but it doesn't matter. I understand the need/want to include the other games and options in the header, but I don't like it that much.

Kogasa

desu desu desu desu
I don't really have a suggestion, but I feel this new header layout is too cramped. I guess I'll get used to the change in time, but at the moment, I feel overwhelmed with the amount of things along the header. I guess it's a little messy, in my eyes.

I also don't really like the fact that the website now has a Pokemon Dungeon. This is a Zelda site, and should always stay that way. Although, I would like to hear about why these things were changed, but it doesn't matter. I understand the need/want to include the other games and options in the header, but I don't like it that much.
Yes, it will take getting used to.

Zelda Dungeon IS still a Zelda site, and always will be. The forum, however, will be subject to change. Pokemon Dungeon is just another site that focuses on Pokemon. Let's face it, Zelda Dungeon isn't all that active and it's a pretty small forum compared to others. Adding Pokemon boards to the forum was a way of getting a more diverse and active memberbase and since Pokemon is way more interactive than Zelda, it also helps members become more interactive with eachother. There is nothing about this that isn't beneficial, at least in my eyes.

Last edited:

David

The header will probably stay the same. Its the most efficient way to get all of the games listed, with buttons, and make it look good. I personally really like it. But yeah, for most, it will probably take some getting used to.

Pokemon Dungeon is its own thing entirely. The only meshing of the two sites is the Forums, and the Network. Zelda Dungeon does not contain Pokemon Dungeon nor vice versa. Pokemon Dungeon is also run by almost an entirely different staff (with the exception of myself, Wyatt, Xinnamin, and a few others). If you don't like the Pokemon Forums here, there is an option to hide them, just click on the little arrow on the index page next to the Pokemon Forums.

dazzsheil

All Hail Shadow
A little Idea: You should implement in the V20.2 Update a Notification Bar like facebook(So if your anywhere on ZD or in Fact,PD you just see a little Triforce are have Navi shout hey,which could be turned on or off,you just click the Triforce and you'll be taken to what that Notification relates to!) And have a Quick Button with your Profile name on it (e.g dazzsheil) so if your reading a post on the ZD Home page and want to get to your profile quickly you could do that*I know that that is not forum related but it is an idea for the future)

David

A little Idea: You should implement in the V20.2 Update a Notification Bar like facebook(So if your anywhere on ZD or in Fact,PD you just see a little Triforce are have Navi shout hey,which could be turned on or off,you just click the Triforce and you'll be taken to what that Notification relates to!) And have a Quick Button with your Profile name on it (e.g dazzsheil) so if your reading a post on the ZD Home page and want to get to your profile quickly you could do that*I know that that is not forum related but it is an idea for the future)
We can't do that. The notifications that you are thinking of are forum and site specific. We'd have to run queries on multiple sites to get that to work. Its a nice idea, but hitting the refresh button on the forums here will work just as well.

This is not really a ZD question but a Dungeon Enterprises or whatever it is called. Are you going to make things like Mario Dungeon, Sonic Dungeon, or, in short, dungeons on the more popular video game series or just a surprise? I hope this will not raise any horrible results as an outcome of asking this.

David

This is not really a ZD question but a Dungeon Enterprises or whatever it is called. Are you going to make things like Mario Dungeon, Sonic Dungeon, or, in short, dungeons on the more popular video game series or just a surprise? I hope this will not raise any horrible results as an outcome of asking this.
You're banned for asking such a ridiculous question. loljk

We have some plans in store for some more games, but I cannot give you any more details than that, as they are secret and very much under development.

I would like to suggest that you update the twitter page more often. Like whenever there is a post on the main page there should imminently be a tweet about it. If it is delayed that kinda defeats the purpose of it entirely. Most people use twitter for quick updates and if twitter is not up to date there is no point in it.

You're banned for asking such a ridiculous question. loljk

We have some plans in store for some more games, but I cannot give you any more details than that, as they are secret and very much under development.
Thanks for the awnswer and you actually made my stomach flip when you said I was banned until loljk.
Thank you the awnswer and scary humor.

David

I would like to suggest that you update the twitter page more often. Like whenever there is a post on the main page there should imminently be a tweet about it. If it is delayed that kinda defeats the purpose of it entirely. Most people use twitter for quick updates and if twitter is not up to date there is no point in it.
Unless we install a plugin of sorts to ZD's home page, "Immediate" updates will not happen. However, the Twitter team has expressed interest in utilizing one of these plugins and using Twitter more personally for things that can be more fun to the viewers. As for right now, we cannot publish them immediately, as the team doesn't have the time to do immediate updates, but we will probably look into an automaton plugin to do that for them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Top Bottom