• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

Could we add : at the end of the uh commands? for these emotes
:) :( :D and similar ones?
They're just really annoying because people usually want to use emoticons and these make them unable to do them correctly forcing people to type them like : ) : ( and that's just not the right way
Perhaps not change the codes for them, but rather an option to universally disable emotes parsing for a user, that they can change in their settings? Similar to how theres a block smiley function.

EDIT: If it's not feasible to implement, you can currently circumvent smilies parsing by wrapping them in a bbcode, but it may be more work than it's worth for most people. But it's an option if you wish for plaintext smilies.
Code:
[plain]smiley here :)[/plain]

Last edited:

Gorozoron

wild ride
Perhaps not change the codes for them, but rather an option to universally disable emotes parsing for a user, that they can change in their settings? Similar to how theres a block smiley function.
I mean a peep can want to use emotes just not those ones that prevent them from using emoticons
They're just really annoying, cuz like " no screw you, no emoticons, fricc u "

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
Could we add : at the end of the uh commands? for these emotes
:) :( :D and similar ones?
They're just really annoying because people usually want to use emoticons and these make them unable to do them correctly forcing people to type them like : ) : ( and that's just not the right way
:) < :')

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I'm not sure if this counts as a suggestion but I didn't know where else to put it. I noticed that on the desktop notifs the curse filter doesn't work.

Do you mean for the shoutbox? I don't believe I have any desktop notifications enabled so I am not sure exactly where it is.

Is it possible to bring back marquee tags in the shoutbox? I've heard older users talk about them and they sound fun.

I believe that would have been in a different shoutbox addon. The current addon does not have support for marquee tags.

Can TikTok be added to the list of supported media sites for embeds?

I've implemented support for a bunch of sites with an addon.

Having never used TikTok I had to search for something on the internet to test this, let's hope it works :P

This is super minor and probably low priority but I've noticed ever since more media sites were added to the embed list, there's an issue about linebreaking when text is placed beneath the embeds, and it's making formatting extra tedious. If that could be looked into, I'd appreciate it.

f8f838f21b.png

then you either preview or post, and the double space is removed
cc8926b202.jpg

Fig

The Altruist
I'm not sure if there is one, but is there a dark mode for the forums? Light mode is getting to my eyes now that I think about it. Didn't see anything in the settings.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I'm not sure if there is one, but is there a dark mode for the forums? Light mode is getting to my eyes now that I think about it. Didn't see anything in the settings.
If you scroll to the bottom of the page you should see something that says "shades of blue" or whatever yours is set on. You can change it from there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom