• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

Mellow Elfo

Po-Tay-Toes
If there's a way to do this consistently, I think it would be a good idea to use the Featured Thread box to help new posts in the Fan Works section gain more exposure. It seems, just from general observation, that that section isn't really visited much outside of the people who have their own threads, and it would be a nice way to help people's hard work get viewed!

Jimmu Bells

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Please remove Scrapper's furry apologism. Let me uwu in peace.
I've removed it. Should probably refresh them at some point. If anyone has particular suggestions feel free to private message me and maybe I'll add some of them at some point ;)

If there's a way to do this consistently, I think it would be a good idea to use the Featured Thread box to help new posts in the Fan Works section gain more exposure. It seems, just from general observation, that that section isn't really visited much outside of the people who have their own threads, and it would be a nice way to help people's hard work get viewed!
That's a good idea, I do think that we could do this better. It is hard to set down a number in terms of consistency given the size of the forum (and thus the section) but I suppose featuring threads that already exist but are being recently updated could be a good option.

Noel

ZD Champion
  1. In Community area, we could put up "The official 'I'm new here'" thread instead for the sake of reducing clutter
  2. Post counts can be disabled in General chit chat cuz we aren't really discussing anything game related there
  3. An archive could be maintained to put old threads in there.

Twilight Santa

"Monster: A word used to discriminate the unknown"
ZD Champion
  1. In Community area, we could put up "The official 'I'm new here'" thread instead for the sake of reducing clutter
  2. Post counts can be disabled in General chit chat cuz we aren't really discussing anything game related there
  3. An archive could be maintained to put old threads in there.
Option number one something that I believe needs to get done, but two is honestly the worst idea ever. Mainly because I use General Chit Chat all the time for gaming, and it's the easiest way to get 30 posts. And what the heck are you talking about with option number three.

Noel

ZD Champion
, but two is honestly the worst idea ever. Mainly because I use General Chit Chat all the time for gaming, and it's the easiest way to get 30 posts
Exactly. If posts like "Oof it's so boring today" . "I hate the weather today" are added to post counts then everyone can become champs/Legends easily without actually contributing anything. And yea, General gaming should be a separate topic rather than being in General Chit Chat.
An archive is a place for storing old dead threads. If it's implemented then thread necromancy could be controlled. Look at smogon for example all the old threads go into their "cryonis" And the sections are therefore clean.

Twilight Santa

"Monster: A word used to discriminate the unknown"
ZD Champion
Exactly. If posts like "Oof it's so boring today" . "I hate the weather today" are added to post counts then everyone can become champs/Legends easily without actually contributing anything. And yea, General gaming should be a separate topic rather than being in General Chit Chat.
An archive is a place for storing old dead threads. If it's implemented then thread necromancy could be controlled. Look at smogon for example all the old threads go into their "cryonis" And the sections are therefore clean.
I've never been to Smogon so I can say much there, but I still think General Chit Chat and General Gaming is fine just the way it is. It's like they say "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." So stop trying to fix something that isn't broke, the reason why it is the way it is, is because some people don't want to lose their ranking just because they can't contribute to the forums anymore.

DeusMerrilyOnHigh

~ ZD's Pug Dealer ~
ZD Champion
Funny SB conversations thread and How did you find ZD should be in Community rather than general discussion.

Also as I am not a new member I don't know how it works when you join but I am wondering if it is clear enough that necromancy of ancient threads containing members that dont even come here anymore is not a good thing. It would be much better for new threads to be created if members are interested in ancient topics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom