• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Would it be possible to have an option to disable embedded images and YouTube links from parsing in the status update widget on the forum main page? Most of the time they're cut off and display incorrectly, and the occasional large gif that finds its way in there can sometimes make my computer load everything really slowly.

Also, would it be possible to have an option to disable user blog customisations (as in the user can customise it still, but if I don't want to see these customisations because they make the blog difficult to read, I can disable them for just me)?

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
Would it be possible to have an option to disable embedded images and YouTube links from parsing in the status update widget on the forum main page? Most of the time they're cut off and display incorrectly, and the occasional large gif that finds its way in there can sometimes make my computer load everything really slowly.

Also, would it be possible to have an option to disable user blog customisations (as in the user can customise it still, but if I don't want to see these customisations because they make the blog difficult to read, I can disable them for just me)?

I've had a similar experience with the blogs. Specifically DekuNut's blog. It's got a white background and white words so idk.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
Can we get something like a "Most Replied to Thread" widget thing? Where threads with the most replies in the last 24 hours, probably outside of Forum Games, get highlighted?

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Can we get something like a "Most Replied to Thread" widget thing? Where threads with the most replies in the last 24 hours, probably outside of Forum Games, get highlighted?
I took a look around and found this add-on which @Jimmu can look at. It's unmaintained, but is free so could be worth looking into.

Something to keep in mind about unmaintained addons is that while they may be functional right now, there is a chance everything will implode when we eventually upgrade the forum software. With that in mind, we may be potentially parting with the blog addon whenever the upgrade occurs.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

I'll look into this once I get back to Australia at the end of this month.

I took a look around and found this add-on which @Jimmu can look at. It's unmaintained, but is free so could be worth looking into.

Something to keep in mind about unmaintained addons is that while they may be functional right now, there is a chance everything will implode when we eventually upgrade the forum software. With that in mind, we may be potentially parting with the blog addon whenever the upgrade occurs.

Satan is right here so as I am currently awaiting assistance from Mases in getting the update from Xenforo I'd rather avoid getting more unmaintained addons or making any large changes until that's done.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
The word "****" should be added to the censor. Saw it in a post by another user as a typo, but since we are a forum that has a censor in place, this particular word should be in it.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The word "****" should be added to the censor. Saw it in a post by another user as a typo, but since we are a forum that has a censor in place, this particular word should be in it.
I apologize for the typo. I was mobileposting and did not take care of what I ended up wroting.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
It's an ethnic slur for someone who is Jewish.
Deja vu.. didn't this question and response already exist? Or am I on inordinate amounts of drugs?

Last edited:
Can I suggest a custom option for gender? I set mine as unspecified because nonbinary isn't an option, but I feel as though a custom box would be a good idea because anyone can put their identity in and there'll be no hassle with 50 different choices. By custom box I mean a little box you click and type into.

I know this is a game forum and all, and aside from the fact that I would personally like this feature I also feel it'd be nice for others who aren't male/female. This also isn't an attempt to spark a discussion, which I note because I think it's a rather topical thing people have things to say about and all.

Also sorry if this sounds super formal? I'm not super used to this place yet and I'm kind of anxious.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Can I suggest a custom option for gender? I set mine as unspecified because nonbinary isn't an option, but I feel as though a custom box would be a good idea because anyone can put their identity in and there'll be no hassle with 50 different choices. By custom box I mean a little box you click and type into.

I know this is a game forum and all, and aside from the fact that I would personally like this feature I also feel it'd be nice for others who aren't male/female. This also isn't an attempt to spark a discussion, which I note because I think it's a rather topical thing people have things to say about and all.

Also sorry if this sounds super formal? I'm not super used to this place yet and I'm kind of anxious.
Have no fear, we already have one of those! Go to your Personal Details settings (https://zeldadungeon.net/forum/account/personal-details) and scroll down to just above the "About Me" box. You can input it there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom