• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
That'd be an unnecessary restriction. And the reasoning you gave is unfounded. Having a shoutbox doesn't make people want to post less. It's a baseless conclusion that has been made several times without any evidence. All the top 10 shouters are posting regularly. Some not as prolifically as others, but still regularly enough. And the top ones posting a lot, including yourself. Sometimes there isn't anything interesting to post about. And the forums have a number of other issues which discourage posting, issues not everyone even can agree are even issues. It's complicated. Boiling it down to the shoutbox is not reasonable.
As of this post, they are, as of this post:
  1. Snow Queen 13482
  2. Lemmy Koopa 8999
  3. JuicieJ 6125
  4. Fig 4867
  5. Azure Sage 3531
  6. Durion 3450
  7. Kitsu 3377
  8. Deku Shroom 2601
  9. Wolf Sage 2409
  10. Matt 2336
Everyone in the lifetop top ten here, since the last shoutbox purge, post on a regular basis, if not once daily, then at least a few times a week, which isn't bad. You yourself seem to be making about five or so posts a day. That is not bad. It's way more than most. You shouldn't be worried about it being too infrequent.

Bottom line, this isn't going to accomplish anything but annoy people. If it is even possible with this shoutbox in any case. Forcing people to post to access it might actually have the opposite affect and encourage poor quality posts just so someone can re-enable it.

I can attest to this. Whenever my restriction would go up I'd just make a post in some GD spam thread or make a post equivalent to "I concur".

Gemquarry

The Inquirer
This may have been posted before, but I remember when there used to be a Link next to the ZD logo on the main page to the site. It was before the big change was made to the website during the time LoZ: SS was coming out. The latest Zelda games Link was always the one beside it, which I thought was pretty cool. I also recall somebody asking if that was ever coming back and, I can't quite remember who responded, but they said that the ZD team were doing they're best and would put it back up soon. Was it decided not to put Link up beside the logo or did everyone just forget? I was actually hoping to see Link back up there again.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
If you take a look at this post while using the ZD blue and ZD green layouts, the "Attached Thumbnails" box is completely white and looks really odd. Thought it might be something you can fix as it looks fine on ZD brown and The Dark World themes. I know it's just an aesthetic thing but still.

If you take a look at this post while using the ZD blue and ZD green layouts, the "Attached Thumbnails" box is completely white and looks really odd. Thought it might be something you can fix as it looks fine on ZD brown and The Dark World themes. I know it's just an aesthetic thing but still.

Hadn't noticed this since attachments aren't used very often. It's fixed now, though, and I made it look a bit better on the dark world. Thanks.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Can we get an "/ignore show" function in the SB? The one from around March had it, and it was useful (I may or may not have ignored a few people by mistake but I don't know who).

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
There is no ignore show function. Kitsu and I will work on making one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom