• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
Counting posts in some forums and not others does peeve me a bit, but on the other hand post counts don't really matter at all, so its close to a non-issue for me.

I do think mafia contributes to the community at least in the same way that forum games or things like the pokemon tournament or art/writing contests do. Its a social activity that people can bond through and its something that can attract people to the site or convince them to stay once they're here.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I'm not entirely sold on the idea of including Forum Games, Roleplay, or Mafia forum posts within post count but in any case at the moment the ZD servers have been struggling and have ongoing recurring issues which are being investigated by the site staff so I don't want to push the load onto the servers that rebuilding post counts of all users would create at the moment. There is an add-on for showing post counts for each node but last time I installed it there were issues that it was causing so I had to disable it unfortunately.

I think a great way we could be further recognising those who are active on the Mafia section is through awards/medals which are also shown on your posts and in your profile. We have medals given for winning competitions, so why not for winning a game of Mafia? If those in the Mafia community are interested in this idea and we can get together some suggested designs for an award I'd be happy to look at implementing this.

I do think that Mafia users are just as valid being here as anyone else and people shouldn't be made to feel like they don't belong here because of their preference to participate in some specific section of the forum. If you're made to feel alienated by another user in this way you can report it to the staff or reach out to me directly.

----

Regarding the Life Advice forum, having read through the varying opinions here I am somewhat torn on the idea of putting a post restriction there. I don't think this is an issue that has occurred super frequently that we desperately need to take an action to block new users posting in there and unless the frequency picks up we can manage these things on a case by case basis. I'll explore the options for making it clearer to users the purpose of the forum before they start posting there.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
Think it's about time we start letting Tears of the Kingdom subforum posts appear in the shoutbox again? Also there are still a lot of instances of shoutbox links opening in new, logged out tabs.

Good idea, I've just enabled these.

It looks like we are not running the latest version of the shoutbox addon so I'll reach out to Mases and ask if he can upgrade it since he holds the license for it. Hopefully this can help resolve bugs we are experiencing with it at the moment.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
Is there a way to make blogs go to post count? I feel like blogs have some of most thoughtful threads that take a lot of effort, which make them more than deserving of post count status.

I think this is a good point - I'm working on some thoughts relating to some tweaks regarding the requirements so I'll consider this feedback as part of that and stay tuned.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
up the post count requirement to 40 since you have more ways to get post count now

Edit: hey well at least I got my first ever ugh reaction
*drags darth out of the official suggestions boardroom*
"pssst WHAT in the world are you doing? are you crazy? you seriously want more workload?"

nothing to see here Jimmu, move on to the next thread, move on... :sweat:

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
up the post count requirement to 40 since you have more ways to get post count now

Edit: hey well at least I got my first ever ugh reaction

I feel like 30 posts is still the right amount given where things are at right now.

I don't expect people will be posting in the newly included sections solely for the purpose of achieving the rank anyway (at least not more than already may be the case in previously included sections). For example, those playing a game of Mafia are often inputting a significant amount of effort and community spirit in keeping up with the game and recognising that as part of the ranking system doesn't need to lead to an increase the requirements for other people to maintain their rank.

I'm more bothered why the post was edited by moderadores. What did bro post? :emil:

This can happen when a double post is merged together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom