• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official merch.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
I definitely prefer to get any merch for anything as officially as possible. I want to support whoever I'm getting the merch for. But sometimes the item I want is lacking or non-existent in the official merch. Then I'll feel ok about getting something as long as it's not obviously bootleg, because the licensers don't think it important to make that specific item.
What about y'all? Do you prefer official merch? Or is it one and the same at the end of the day?

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
I generally prefer official merchandise, although there's quite a few individuals out there who make quality unofficial merch on places like Etsy. I'd say it depends on the item and the person making it as to whether or not I'll buy it, tbh.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Most of the merch I own is official, with the only unofficial things I can think of are my foam master sword and wearable Majoras Mask.

I definitely prefer official, as you’re just not gonna get the same kind of quality for a similar product.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I think I prefer officially licensed for like... quality of life accessories. Like game cases and other electronic support stuff. I don't wanna go into third party stuff for that if I can help it. As far as merch goes, official is better on principle, but as you said in the OP, sometimes official merch just doesn't have what you're looking for. And supporting content creators is important, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom