• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Official Japanese Site Updated!

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
As it seems, NOJ's official Skyward Sword site (http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/souj/world/index.html) has recently been updated by the addition of two new areas!

ssnew.jpg

To the south of Faron Woods, we find 古の大石窟 which after some research I'd roughly translate as "Old Big Stone Cave". It apparently inhabits the big "Buddha" statue which we've seen earlier, the name is given as "Da Iruooma", I dunno what this refers to, the separated "da" prefix points to something of Italian or Spanish origin but this seems strange to me for a Buddha like statue.
Another shot says something about "Zombies" and in that context also mentions bokoblins (the creature apparently looks like a Zombie Bokoblin), maybe this refers to this game's version of re-deads.
Also, we'll get the whip (Japanese 鞭 "muchi") in that area.

To the SE of Faron Woods there's a lake area, named "Lake Furoria(Floria?)", obviously this is a different location from Lake Hylia.
The new race that is thought to be by some as a Zora predecessor is named "Barage" (anyone else reminded of "Barinade"?) EDIT: "Parage", thanks Frunk (it was too late at night I guess)! It also says タツノオトシゴ (tatsunootoshigo = sea horse) in the article but I can only guess that this means that the creatures are "sea horse-like". Interestingly it also mentions the "Kyui" ("penguin" race) in that same sub-article, but I don't know the relation here.
The other two sub-articles show 1) that other creature we've seen (but I can't guess anything here because I can only identify the "water" kanji) and 2) what seems to be an explanation of how underwater swimming will work with the Wii remote.

Can anyone translate or figure out even more?

Last edited:
.....Why do they never update the American Site ??
Anyways, observations:
I notice what looks like one of the Goddess Pearls (specifically Farore) on whatever that royal looking guy from the water area is in. I see we'll likely be entering the water area by going through one of the waterfalls . . . reminiscent of A Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time. Also, they updated the Skyloft area and show more of that minigame island and whoever runs it, if only I could read everything . . . xD

Last edited:
Faron woods alone is HUGE, wtf!

So no "Water Province"... this is very probably The water section of the game, so we're sticking with 3 provinces, and maybe each province containing more than 1 dungeon.

vcdomith

Mad Artist
In the boss pictures, Link has "borrowed" the statue boss weapon XD, also this reminds me a LOT of Wind Waker

EDIT:Billy Ninja*:I'll say 3 dungeons per province, a total of 9

I got da iruonoma as the boss' name.
The new water race's name is the parage tribe.

2eaiihe.png

Last edited:
EDIT:Billy Ninja*:I'll say 3 dungeons per province, a total of 9

Very possible. Bur if the Faron province is complete in the current map, than i'd say there is little room for 3 dungeons there. We'd get lots of Overworld section to reach Skyview temple, much less to reach Ancient Cistern, and maybe just a puzzle or 2 to reach a third dungeon. You, see the later 2 would feel very TP like approach, without all the massive overworld sections to reach it. But there is room for them to expand even more the Faron province and fit another dungeon in it.

TheMinish

Hero of the Skies
It is very interesting seeing how the Faron Province seems to contain a few different areas. The new dungeon is definitely in Lake Floria, because at the end of the Floria video, Link enters a door that looks similar to the Ancient Cistern. Great looking dungeon. The more I see of this game, the more I want to build a time machine...I have to wait 4 more days after NA to get it :(

Well before the Ancient Cistern we will likely have to complete the Faron Silent Realm section, flood the woods, and explore the lake itself. I can see there being plenty of overworld content before the water dungeon.

That building above the Sealed Grounds could serve as a third dungeon as well.

Now, I wonder what areas are in the other provinces since a watertemple area already has been taken care of. Could it be that the Desert, Volcano and perhaps a Snow region are in the same Province? And what about other specific themed areas?

The strange creature is described as "Water Dragon" on the site, but the new videos say it's name is Faron, and it's a Spirit protecting the area since long ago.

vcdomith

Mad Artist
These fish-like creature are named Parella and the boss of Acient Cistern name is Da-Iruoma

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom