• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Graphics/Art Thread

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
I opened a Zelda board named KOHO (Knights of Hyrule Oekaki) because there really aren't many.... plus, I really don't have a scanner to draw lined works, nor do I really have the time to draw anymore. SO, here are some doodles I did at my oekaki. I used to be pretty good, but months of no practice killed my skills. You can see I'm picking it up again, though.

Drawn with a mouse, newest at the TOP, oldest at the bottom:

KOHO-05MAR2010.png

KOHO-28FEB2010.png

KOHO-23FEB2010-2.png

KOHO-23FEB2010.png

KOHO-18FEB2010.png

KOHO-16FEB2010.jpg

KOHO-14FEB2010.png

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
I saw those when you posted them on deviantART. :P It's impressive that you did them with a mouse. That couldn't have been very fun. They totally look like tablet works.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
I saw those when you posted them on deviantART. :P It's impressive that you did them with a mouse. That couldn't have been very fun. They totally look like tablet works.
Oh, but they were tons of fun! I've been using a mouse for years, so it's not that hard. The only problem is jitter and trying to draw lines that curve. I can draw precise lines if I move the mouse really fast, but when it gets down to smaller lines and details, they get all boxy. :<

I'd love to have a tablet someday, but they cost huuuundreds of dollars for the tiniest one.

Dark Princess

Weeaboo :D
Oooh, I like it! Ichigo is amazing. :3

One thing about the sig though is that it's too dark and that it could use a border. It's still pretty awesome, though. =P

Also, those are amazing, Zeruda! I can't pick which one I like best because of how great they are. :)

bellum

Gamer since age 2
Fail!

I basically made this thread so people could see my failed attempts of what are supposed to be images made in GIMP. I'll probably post some whenever I have 2 or 3 to show. Enjoy!

Tried making the background by myself. Failed.
bellumwwlinksig.jpg

Meh. It is fail.
robsig.png

It's okay. I couldn't call it a fail because it has Toon Link on it.
toonlinksignaturenoword.png

Could've been better.
zantsig.png

Nothing Special.
wiisig.png

Last edited:

Dark Princess

Weeaboo :D
Those aren't fail, you're still learning! D= Once you learn how to do stuff with GIMP more, you'll be able to make a lot of amazing graphics. =P I suggest you practice blending and smearing. Those are hard at first, but after using them for a while you could get the hang of it. =P

I'm really impressed, you tried to do different things with Gimp which is one of the main keys to getting better. These are much better than what most people make and call it a signature.

I agree with Vincent, a few of those are actually quite good lad...just keep working and you'll get even better. One hint of advice (which funnily enough I was given...to counter it I give my sprites a border like my current Goku one). Use a rubber and zoom into your sprites to get rid of that white section from where you've cut it out, it makes any image look much better.

Take a look at my thread, I've been doing it for a long time yet you still probably make better backgrounds than I do...

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
I actually really like the first one, the brown-ish red against the splattery green and black goes really well in my opinion :3
But I'm with Master Link on this one, these are actually pretty good. I mean, the objects fit in with the backgrounds, for one, to me they don't just look like they've been pasted on hastily... no, these are great! One thing I can say is, keep making these. Even if you think they're rubbish... just keep doing them. Little, random, practice ones. Every sig you make gives you more and more experience, and the more experience you have, the better they'll look. I know that much from experience :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom