• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Graphics/Art Thread

Thanks! I'm beginning to thing that the text was a mistake too. I also used it in my Link signature.

Yes Petman, like Chise said, you always need to save in PNG format. It makes your tags 100 times better. The only exception is if you need it to be animated.

And to Chise, I love your graphics, especially the first one with Link. I'm not that good with animations yet, so I'd liek to know how you did the Link one. Also, which program do you use?

Dabombster

Do the thing
Site Staff
At Dark_Kokiri. I like your signatures... sort of.

Brushing and texturing is cool and all, but there is a point when you have too much. Looking at those signatures you have, all but one of them seems a bit over brushed/textured to me. You do a great job of blending the image, better than I could do, but try easing up just a touch on the background stuff. The signature with the Shadow render is a great one though. :)

Chise, I love the signatures. They're so simple and cute, especially the one with Link looking at the map.

Dark_Kokiri

I be a Kokiri~
At Dark_Kokiri. I like your signatures... sort of.

Brushing and texturing is cool and all, but there is a point when you have too much. Looking at those signatures you have, all but one of them seems a bit over brushed/textured to me. You do a great job of blending the image, better than I could do, but try easing up just a touch on the background stuff. The signature with the Shadow render is a great one though. :)

Alright, thanks for the advice! I'll be sure to keep that in mind from now on. ;)

Awwww, Chise, I adore your art skills. :< You own us all. XD

Alright, I did this one for a SoTW on another site. Please give me your opinions, it's a new banner style I am trying out. Basically, I grab a bunch of c4ds and throw them all together. No background is used previously.

sotw35-popout.png

I know of some things that are not correct, and there is actually supposed to be a shadow underneath the banner but it's a little hard to tell on this forum. Just tell me what you think. ;D

Dark_Kokiri

I be a Kokiri~
Yeah, a double post....you guys wont mind, right? Aint spamming or anything. D:

I made a art thread but it got locked, and they directed me back over here. I wouldn't consider them "graphics", though. A lot of them are traditional artwork. Eh, whatever helps them sleep at night, I guess. -_-

So here we are. Some of them are on deviantart and some of them are on majhost.

Left outside: Chalk Pastels
Robo Leezerd: Pencil
Dragon1: Pencil
Red Leezerd Dragon: Photoshop
Lava Leezerd: Photoshop
Flying Snake Leezerd: Photoshop
Chibi Tiger Dude: Pencil Sketch
Chibi Me: Pencil Sketch
Green Leezerd: Photshop
Bandana Boy: Photoshop
Leezerd Design sheet: Photoshop
Banner for my art forum: Photoshop

C&C welcome, no flaming/bashing please. XP

Wow! Nice works of art!

I was going to comment on them in your thread but it got closed.

Those are really nice drawings and I'm especially interested with the ones that you did in photoshop. I'd LOVE to know how you went about making those because I think it may be possible to also do in GIMP. Here are some techniques in the Bandana Boy picture that I'd like to learn.

Guardian

The Chosen One
Here's my sig below(the cat one). I got bored one day so I played around on Gimp and got these results.

Dark_Kokiri

I be a Kokiri~
Wow! Nice works of art!

I was going to comment on them in your thread but it got closed.

Those are really nice drawings and I'm especially interested with the ones that you did in photoshop. I'd LOVE to know how you went about making those because I think it may be possible to also do in GIMP. Here are some techniques in the Bandana Boy picture that I'd like to learn.

Thanks! :lol:

If I catch you online at some point I have a ustream channel that I use every once in a while. Or I could just make a tutorial. =P What would you be interested to learn about?

For my outlines, I use the "Path" or the "Pen" tool. I have a shakey hand so things don't always come out well when I use my graphics tablet to strait up draw. =P I use the path tool for the cell-shading as well...and I do something else to the shading but it's too hard to me to explain in words. XP

And nice siggy you got there, Guardian. I suggest taking the glow off the text and making the render more vivid in color, it doesn't really match the background. Pretty good, though!

Hachi

Happy Valentines Day!
@ Everyone: Thank you. <3

@ Master Link: Ack, figures I would of landed at the bottom of the page. maybe that's for the better, those are pretty big graphics I posted. :lol:

I use Photoshop elements, and I also use Adobe Illustrator/ and Open Canvas for certain things that are harder to do in Elements. (Oc usually only for very fine lineart, and when I"m in the mood.. shading.)

Blinking and stuff is pretty easy to do. First just resize your render to your desired signature size.

Keep in mind that each layer will stand on it's own once you save it. Meaning, if you have text in it, and it's on another layer.. it will first show the graphic, then the text. So merge it all onto one, then copy paste it a bunch of times.

Then, edit the eyes to a shut position, then go to file > save for web and save it as an animated GIF. Make sure that "loop" is checked, and there you go! Blinking. :)

@DK- I can kind of see the shadow on this background, but it's hard I'll admit. I really like the colors you used for that sig, it's really pretty. Congrats on another SoTW win!

and I agree that this isn't exactly the ideal place to put Non-signature art, but this really is the most suitable place for now. I luv your art, and it's awesome that you can look at pretty much any of your pieces and tell that it was YOU who made them. Keep up the good work!

I need to put up some non-siggie art here if that's where it's suppose to go.. but maybe after finals. >.>; ::passes out::

@ Guardian: That's an adorable signature... I wanna pet the kitty. ; ^; Only suggestion is to move the font to the upper-left. Not only will it not be all covered up, but it will compliment the movement that the glowing lines create!

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
I changed the title to Official Graphics/Art thread. I hope this title makes the purpose of this thread more clear.

Oh and I made my signature sort of by myself. I used a game over screen from an old game and changed it so it refers to Zelda. It was a lot of copy paste work :P

Hachi

Happy Valentines Day!
Aww, well thank you! Us artist folks now have a home here at ZD. :)

You have some very skillful copy pasting going on in that signature. It looks quiet natural, like it's an ordinary un-doctored screenshot. Your choice of color is quite interesting, but it proves that simplicity and text signatures for that matter, can rule if done correctly. :P

LOL, but seriously. That's an actual game over screen? I was reading it the other day and it just cracked me up. It kind of reminded me of the Ghost Buster's game winning screen. :lol:

Dark_Kokiri

I be a Kokiri~
@DK- I can kind of see the shadow on this background, but it's hard I'll admit. I really like the colors you used for that sig, it's really pretty. Congrats on another SoTW win!

and I agree that this isn't exactly the ideal place to put Non-signature art, but this really is the most suitable place for now. I luv your art, and it's awesome that you can look at pretty much any of your pieces and tell that it was YOU who made them. Keep up the good work!

I need to put up some non-siggie art here if that's where it's suppose to go.. but maybe after finals. >.>; ::passes out::

Yeah, the shadow was made to show up on brighter forums like LoZ.com and on forums with a dark grey background. XP And thank ya! X3

Yays! My art is identifiable. X3

Haha! that made me laugh, Master Link. XD I like it a lot.

And nice mastersword you got thar. :3 I wish it was shaded...it would look even more awesome. =D

Hylian Hobbit

Delightfully Delicious ;P
*GIMP noob approaching*

Okay, so after many failed attempts at trying to figure out how to make a sig, I made one. I wasn't able to successfully cut out the images I wanted, so I just stopped trying for a while. xP

Anyhoo, here it is:

inuyashasigthing.jpg

It's really plain, doesn't have text, and is very amateurish (if even that). But being the first sig that I've made, I'm rather happy with it. =P I'm still experimenting with the different filters and other magical effects.

EDIT: I think the copy I made of it got changed a bit... It looks different than it did when I finished making it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom