• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Graphics/Art Thread

Kybyrian

I really like the background on that first sig, Dark_Kokiri. The whole signature looks pretty good.

About the second one, I think it looks really nice, but the text could use improving as you said. I'm not good at suggesting fonts, however.

Dark_Kokiri, both really amaze me.

The first one in wonderfully done with background and the stock.

And the second, guitar one is one of the coolest things I have seen in a while. I would like to know how you went about doing it and what program you use.
I think the text looks good.

Dark_Kokiri

I be a Kokiri~
Thanks a lot guys! ^^

As for how I did it.... a tutorial. ;D I found a good one a while back and that's where I got the glow/shatter effect thing.... but I did do a lot of other stuff to it like add in a few c4ds and messed around with light, color, and a few other effects.

Here is the tutorial that I used. Basically I did what it said and then added some more distortion, changed the color a bit too...I don't remember exactly what I did, but this tutorial is where it started.

And the Program I use is Photoshop CS3. I just upgraded Elements 4 last December. Hope this helps you guys out! XP

T

TwilightLink

Oooh, yes, please. The c4d is really obvious, no? XD

And I really like the first sig you made! =D

Ty, atleast 1 rate...ANYWAY
Should have asked your psd instead of the render srry 'bout that xP here's a quick try:

times-studio.png

v2

times-studio-2.png

@ sigmakers.
Photoshop is dah best. CS3/CS4 recommended. I work with CS4 because my comp can handle the system requirements ( wich are...becoming sicker and sicker with every version) but CS3 work the same imo.

@ sigmakers2.
Why not keep a signature contests =p ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dark_Kokiri

I be a Kokiri~
Haha, I dont' have any account anywhere where I could upload a PSD, so.... XP

Ok! I get the idea. I'l be sure to edit it. (And BTW, it's Jime. Just pronounced like time. ;D Not that it really matters. XP) I'll post up the finished one once I get around to it, I have a few comissions to finish up first. Thanks!

T

TwilightLink

Haha, I dont' have any account anywhere where I could upload a PSD, so.... XP

Ok! I get the idea. I'l be sure to edit it. (And BTW, it's Jime. Just pronounced like time. ;D Not that it really matters. XP) I'll post up the finished one once I get around to it, I have a few comissions to finish up first. Thanks!

Maybe I didn't liked that font after all...xD J = T.
Anyway, megaupload or msn is just fine 4 sending over a PSD =P

GL m8. I'll send ya the beginning of our collab...tomorrow I guess ^^"

Kybyrian

It looked like an l to me. :)

I made a new sig a couple nights ago because Shnappy was talking about his amazingly horrible PS skills(looks like MS Paint), and it gave me an idea.

I don't have the money for PS and I'm not good at getting a hacked version. I fail at trying to set it up. :(

So, made with GIMP.
DarkVoid-1.png

Last edited:

Dark_Kokiri

I be a Kokiri~
I like the idea for Darkrai, but I think a more interesting background is in order. Try to add a bit more depth to the image.

I really like the simpleness of the two Link GFX. I love the text for the banner, where did you get it?

As for me, signature wall!

Click this to see it because it's too big for my liking

Just some things I've done in the past few months. You can tell which ones are more recent, but I'm still pretty proud of the old ones. Hope you like it!

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Not too bad. The funny thing was that while the file was loading, the "Never Ending Stair Case" theme from Super Mario 64 played, so it was kinda funny. I'll get a messed around picture up here soon enough.

Wow Dark_Kokiri! You are one of the best signature makers that I have ever seen! (And trust me, I know a lot)

I really like your Link graphic, Shelly. It is great how you made the border around Link.

Try putting your render on a black or white background, smudge like crazy, and then put another copy of the render on top of that.

An easy way to make backgrounds on GIMP is to use the Lava filter and experiment with different gradients.

I used the smudge technique on this:
ganon.png

I used the Lava filter on this:
masterswordsig.png

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
OK, my first go at a signature. Notice how I'm better at modifying images than creating signatures.
Petman13258-bitLink.jpg

I don't think it is really that good, but if it makes you all feel better, I got the sprites from here from the gallery I'm sure none of you are aware of its existence.

Hachi

Happy Valentines Day!
Really awesome sig Master Link! @_@ I love the Ganon one, the only thing that's bugging me is the text. It almost looks it was a watermark on the Ganon render. Otherwise.. wow!

It's not that bad Petman. XD Give yourself some credit! Just a suggestion, when you save, use PNG (If your using paint, I don't suggest messing with GIF unless your using a very limited color pallet. Even then, I would save a PNG version of it just incase the colors go funky on you) Saving anything pixely as a JEGP will -always- kill it's quality.

I haven't made many signatures, but I have a few. n _n

keep in mind I customize GIF's backgrounds to the forum color I'm going to be using them on... So please ignore white/blue backgrounds. ^^;

I also snatched a picture from ZD, infact masses 3rd party LoZ Players guide. XD I couldn't sleep last night so I stayed up vectoring it. The leekspin Chise is also a recolor, just giving credit where credit is due. c:

Characters used in the sig and the Pokemon Sprites are Copyright their creators.
The art and my OC "Chise" is copyright me.

Chibilink.gif
Chibilinktext.gif

RPG_Banner.png

ammy.png

yeyworking5.png

trainercard.jpg

^ Oldest one of the bunch. =0 But I still luv it. <3

Adorabletop-1.gif
Chisesig1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom