• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Graphics/Art Thread

T

TwilightLink

Whoa! Those look awesome! What exactly do you mean be depth? I always hear people talking about it but I've never been taught what it is exactly.

Actually it's the same on a signature as in real life ^^" Just a difference in distance between ' objects '. The most common way to create depth would be using sharpen/blur, light source/shadow,...

An example:
Mechanical_Flower_by_coolscene.jpg

The flower above ( mechanic flower...) is sharpened, while the background is blurred. This makes a difference in depth and makes you realize the flower is close by and the field or w/e is behind it is further away. It also focuses your attention on the flower. Most of the time if a designer uses depth in his/her signature it's supposed to bring up the focal points ( like...a render of a person, or in this case a mech. flower =P ).

End of the lesson.

S

Swedish Link

I just finished with this. I don't have Photoshop, so I used Paint since this is pretty basic anyway.

Mooop-1.jpg

The girl running in the background is Elika and the guy is the Prince. They are both from Prince of Persia (2008).

The incredibly hot blonde dude with a handgun is Leon Scott Kennedy as he appears in Resident Evil 4.

The picture in the right top corner is NOT the shadow of a ninja, like many people have assumed, it is the silhouette of Altair from Assassin's Creed.

And the little impish character in the corner, well, I think you can figure that one out. ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
You might want to check the link or reload the picture. It isn't working.

I made a sig wall if anyone wants to see.
sigwall.png

Dabombster

Do the thing
Site Staff
Hmm... There are some pretty good images in this thread. Guess I'll show some of mine off then...

Trying something new...
test.png

A little more 'technical'
Darkness.png

Was trying for a sort of 3D feel...
archer.png

I think it looks cool
triforce-3.png

My most famous signature ever
pwnage.png

Playing with GIMP
cookie.png

And of course, the rank images you all know and love :P

Kybyrian

Everybody loves your rank images Bomby. :P

Also, I love the signatures too. I haven't made anything in a while, maybe I should.

Dobombster, you will always be a GIMP master. Mind if I come to you whenever I am curious with something in Gimp?

I do have one question. In the first image how did you do the outline of Link? It is a very cool effect that I might use in the future. Also I think you might have used that same effect in the fifth image.

Dabombster

Do the thing
Site Staff
New one that I just did for fun.

phantomhourglass.png

Master Link, that effect is whiting out an image and blurring it behind the first image. If I find time someday, I'll teach you how to do it.

Ok I assume you did that same effect with that image only a different color and a different blur?

Here is my work with playing around with it.

782dc24a.png

Last edited:

Dabombster

Do the thing
Site Staff
vaati-3.png

I believe this is the first signature I've ever done that has had a purple background. I'm quite pleased with how it turned out... And Master Link, good job :)

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Well, this is my first go on something with GIMP, so don't get all feisty with me. All my other images were created with paint. My theme is more of a sword/Dark Linkish theme. It reflects my love of 8-bit gaming.
CoolSignature.jpg

I was in a creative mood this fine morning when I decided to make my first pop-out signature.

vincent.png

I'm quite please with how it turned out.

Kybyrian

Well, this is my first go on something with GIMP, so don't get all feisty with me. All my other images were created with paint. My theme is more of a sword/Dark Linkish theme. It reflects my love of 8-bit gaming.
CoolSignature.jpg

Make it bigger, get bigger images, and try not to make it too spread out. That's all I can say. :)

Dark_Kokiri

I be a Kokiri~
Got two, for the record, this one is in my sig right now...

awesome_zelda_sig.jpg

and another one I made to promote my dad's music studio. I really would like some crit on this one....I want it to look as good as possible.

jime_studios_sig1.png

Yes, the text is horrible, I'll be changing it. Font suggestions are loved. :3

T

TwilightLink

Nice concepts guys. But most of the signatures here seem 2 have bad render placement or lack of render blending tho. Should post some of my tutorials if someone's interrested =).

Latest:

kb3-sig.png

Okami-sig-1.png

obito-sig.png

and another one I made to promote my dad's music studio. I really would like some crit on this one....I want it to look as good as possible.

Yes, the text is horrible, I'll be changing it. Font suggestions are loved. :3

First, that link sig is almost GREAT =) Just the colors + papyrus font should be changed.

@music studio:

Nah, font doesn't suck. You could change the color of the tekst and the blending options.

Can help ya with the background if you want =) ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom