• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Graphics/Art Thread

Firice da Vinci

Distinct lack of Leonardo
oh um mhai im Goku and i need help making a ig bc my computer wont let me make one well if you can help id do anything

oh err hi i was looking to see if someone can help me make a sig bc my computer wont let me make one D: well hope someone can help.......

This is probably the wrong thread, but what do you mean by your computer won't let you?

Nicole

luke is my wife
Well, everybody here should know that I am the Userbar Guru, and am Photoshop-and-GIMP-impaired. But I tried. :P

SoL avy 1.jpgBanner power quote.png (Click to enlarge!)

I used the prestigious MyBannerMaker.com. Can't you tell?

Don't take these seriously, I was just playing around. The first one I actually do like, it didn't turn out horribly. The second one is just an inspirational quote! :)

I shall stick with teh userbahs.....

Below are some of the Zelda-inspired designs I've made....

zeldasig.jpg

zeldasigblu.jpg

zeldasiggrn2.jpg

Some sig designs. All done in Photoshop.

itemboard.png

The item board from Minish Cap. Done in Photoshop with some of the shapes made in Illustrator.

templedoor.jpg

The doorway in the Temple of Time. I made all the shapes in Illustrator then put it all together in Photoshop. This was done as a background for a short Zelda video. The video was never made, but here's a link to the actual size.

I also did this header design for Zelda Temple.

Last edited:
Zany+and+Hichigo+Banner_smaller.jpg
Look what I made! I made it from scratch using Microsoft Word 2010 Starter and MS Paint :D

Grr, it's really small. But I set it as my signature, so you can see it there!

EDIT: Oh, and those are characters from Bleach.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I'm far from an artist, but sometimes I like to dabble in different areas to try out some interesting ideas. The idea for this signature I made came about shortly after I got my 3DS. What's so unique about it that I actually took my time to create it is - are you ready? - it's in three dee. That's right, this isn't your ordinary png, but an mpo file - a stereoscopic image. On normal screens, only one half of the image appears (one "eye" is looking at it), but if you view it with a 3D device such as the 3DS, it explodes with depth!

sig-ownlegs.mpo

The quote is from Wolfs Rain, and I drew Wolf Link myself. Overall, this thing took me probably between 20 and 30 hours, spread over two or three weeks. As I said, I'm not an artist, so it took a lot of time to get things looking right with no experience or skill. If I wanted to spend more time on it, Wolf Link could definitely use some improvement - I basically just cel-shaded it because I have no idea how to use brushes, gradients, etc. (I downloaded GIMP just for this project). I would have liked to have matched the style of the SS artwork so he fit better. I also might have been able to use some of GIMP's distortion settings to make the individual pieces not look like paper cutouts when viewed in 3D. As it is, the only things I used to achieve that effect are skewing the ground and offsetting the elements' placements in the two images. I might make a guide for making 3D images if anyone's interested - or better yet, I could explain it to you so you could make a guide, with full knowledge of the software.

A

AChrisToThePast

purplelinksig.jpg

linksig01.jpg

I just got back into the whole graphics anything. It's been a few years and I never have been that great. Hopefully you guys can give me some good tips though lol. I kept these really simple because I didn't wanna get to ahead of myself. I'll post the link to my photobucket if anyone wants to keep up to date on what I'm making :).
http://s1101.photobucket.com/albums/g436/AChrisToThePast/

In an age where people like bright flashes and such for sigs and avs, I prefer to be simpler.

snarlface.png

duden.png
Sometimes simple is the way to be. Awesome avatar, it definitely caught my eye.

Anyway I thought I'd post in here after making my sig. I don't usually put my name all over it because I feel it clutters up pictures, I can't usually work with this size but the forum rules say nothing bigger than this so. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom