• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Graphics/Art Thread

bellum

Gamer since age 2
How did you do the background for that signature? It's really good.
I used a lot of fractals. And then played around with the opacity and stuff like that.

Yay!

fyrussig.png

fyrussigwithwords.png

Last edited:

Dark Princess

Weeaboo :D
I love how the last Fyrus one looks. The background's amazing, and the text actually goes kinda good with the sig, and that's hard to do most of the time. I can never place text in a good place.. >.<

You're getting better and better! =P

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I dunno if art such as this is allowed here. I don't usually use the programs the lot of you use, like Gimp and Photoshop, I am a simple Paint person lol. Anyway, hope I don't get in trouble for posting this here. I was bored and well, decided to do this sorta thing. Next I think I am gonna go for a Link Vs Xeldimus, fighting sword to sword. (Also, I forgot to add clouds in the background) That is suppose to be me as a Dragir and Aryll, three imps and a tree I came up with. :P

16iwj7p.jpg

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
A very easy way to get rid off the white borders is simply by clicking CTRL (cmd) and click on your thumbnail layer icon to make a selection of your cutted subject. Now add a layermask. Go to Blur > Gaussian Blur and make sure the radius is between 0,7 and 1, 5. Then go Image > Adjustment> Levels and bring the left glider a bit to the right till you see the white borders fade. And then simply apply layermask.

Btw your work is absolutely not bad at all! Keep up the good work!

bellum

Gamer since age 2
I've done a few tests trying to make a pop-out signature. Here's what I've done so far. I;m still going to be editing the post to show my attemps.

All I've done is added the render and used a texture.

This one was a major fail.
testthing.png

This megaman one that I made yesterday was a bit better, but still...
megamantest.png

Biggest fail ever. You know what, I'll try again tomorrow.
48751356.png

Last edited:
Sorry for being a pest, but did you use fractals to make that epic background in the 3rd picture above? I tried to experiment with them and I had no idea what to do.

Anyways, talent for pop-out signatures takes time. I've only ever attempted one, and it didn't turn out the best at all.

bellum

Gamer since age 2
Sorry for being a pest, but did you use fractals to make that epic background in the 3rd picture above? I tried to experiment with them and I had no idea what to do.

Anyways, talent for pop-out signatures takes time. I've only ever attempted one, and it didn't turn out the best at all.
Yeah, I used fractals. But everytime I try the fractal or whatever I'm using goes over the transparent.

Something I came up with in about 10 minutes.

drybonessig.png

Lol, triple post.

I finally got it right!

masterswordw.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Seamus

Pinball Wizard
The first thing i notice is that it suffers greatly from floating head syndrome. Add more of his body in it. There isnt much going on, and could use some more effects, and maybe text.

One of my latest, thoughts?

Deidara0.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom