• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Graphics/Art Thread

Dark Princess

Weeaboo :D
Durion said:
I agree with Vincent, a few of those are actually quite good lad...just keep working and you'll get even better. One hint of advice (which funnily enough I was given...to counter it I give my sprites a border like my current Goku one). Use a rubber and zoom into your sprites to get rid of that white section from where you've cut it out, it makes any image look much better backgrounds than I do...

Another thing to add to that. If you want to have an easier time finding certain renders, you can often find them on http://planetrenders.net/ . It's completely helpful and doesn't waste as much time. If you're looking for Zelda renders, and can't find the picture you want on there, you're bound to find it at http://www.zeldawiki.org/ . Another helpful site for renders. =P

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
Another thing to add to that. If you want to have an easier time finding certain renders, you can often find them on http://planetrenders.net/ . It's completely helpful and doesn't waste as much time. If you're looking for Zelda renders, and can't find the picture you want on there, you're bound to find it at http://www.zeldawiki.org/ . Another helpful site for renders. =P

Using pre-made renders is cheating! I always make my own. It gives a scene of accomplishment when looking at my signature.

Dark Princess

Using pre-made renders is cheating! I always make my own. It gives a scene of accomplishment when looking at my signature.

You obviously don't know how bad I can be at rendering. :P I'm practicing, but I like being able to still have time in the day and play games and read and stuff. :P

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I am impressed as well. You did alright on all of them but the first three caught my eye, especially that link one. I downloaded Gimp not too long ago but I failed to receive the download, so I am stuck with paint and photoshop. :D Keep up the good work.

bellum

Gamer since age 2

Dark Princess, what if I need a certain pose from a character that is not from the internet. I could get my capture card, and then take a snapshot, then render it.

That seems like a lot of work, though. If I need help for a render I will take your advice. Like rendering Fyrus.(I really want to try that.)

Rishian

The Meat Shield
I have no idea even HOW to do this kinda stuff! So your not fail! (I'm fail on this one! LOL!)

Speaking of which, if I find images, would anyone be able to help me either by helping me learn, or by making me one?

bellum

Gamer since age 2
A few unfinished ones.

Fail! (I usually call everything I make a fail. Why? I just feel like it.)
linksignatureunfinished.png

Fyrus is awesome.
fyrussig.png

This is from 6 months ago. It took me a while to improve, as I stopped using GIMP for a while.
newestbellumbanner.png

Just another tag I made abut two weeks ago.
ValorSoraSig.png

I'd really like some critique on this. Am I the only one who thinks that the text is misplace? Or even unneeded?

bellum

Gamer since age 2
Okay. Here are some of the outcomes to this image (Will edit this most when I have more.)

linksignatureunfinished.png

I think I'm going to do a little smearing and blurring in this one. Maybe do s'more stuff with gradients.(Who am I kidding, I have no idea what I'm talking about. :xd:) Just gotta play around with GIMP and get better.
link1j.png

I think this one turned out to be a little bit abstract.
link2l.png

Dark Princess

I think it looks great, but it's kinda hard to read the text since some of it is over Sora. I think it would be better if it wasn't there, but I'm not sure. The background is pretty good, though. Good job. =P

I would actually Really like to know how you did that background for the 3rd Link sig above. I think on thing that would make it infinitely better is to try to blend it with the background a little

Some methods are to:
-Select a rough outline of the character > Right Click>select>Feather (30)>Right click>Select>Invert>Delete This method works are fading the edges.

-Try opening up the layering window and setting the layer with link to "Overlay" or "Screen"

-Also in the Layer window you could try reducing the Opacity bar.

bellum

Gamer since age 2
Okay. Thanks. I've been playing around with the opacity for a while(For like 3 days.) and it makes stuff better, I guess. I'm going to use these methods to climb towards victory. Thanks again.

Edit: The first thing you posted didn't work, because the picture was weird. I did the screen thing.
link2.png

link2l.png

I think I like this new one better.

Last edited:

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
bellum, you shoul try finding a cleaner render or erasing the pixelated edges with a soft-edged eraser. I think that'd definitely help the sig. Maybe touch up the skin where the light would be hitting his face. Just suggestions. I like the bg :>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom