• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Off TV Play or No?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
It's common knowledge that the Wii U has a feature called "Off TV Play" which allows one to play their game on the Gamepad rather than the TV. My question is, would you rather see this ability in Zelda U or not?

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Well, of course I'd like to see it, and I doubt we'll not see it. Nintendo won't let a franchise like Zelda skate by without show-casing as much as possible for what the Wii U can do.

I won't personally make use of it, I have my own TV and everything, but I can imagine a 16 year old me considering this something of a god-send will all the competition their was for the TV, so I expect other perhaps big families would like this! Of course I'd always rather play on the TV, especially since suddenly your back to just 1 screen so there will have to be some cut-backs, but, would rather that than not playing the game at all. :)

Big Octo

=^)
I wouldn't care if it was implemented or not, as I don't share my TV. Though, they might as well incorporate it, as they have no reason not to.

Eh, it's a nice feature and all, but I rather play it on the big screen rather than straining my eyes on the smaller screen of the Gamepad. Plus, I don't share my TV with anyone since I don't share rooms anymore, so no point of it for me.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
The only time I really use Off-TV play is for the Virtual Console games. Now that Nintendo's gone HD, I'd much rather see the games as large as possible on my LCD TV. The idea of Off-TV play was really exciting to me originally, but on the gamepad HD games just feel... small. Of course, they actually ARE smaller than on a large TV, but there's something lost to the grandness of it all. Even if Zelda-U incorporated this feature, I wouldn't be using it.

If it DOES get incorporated, I would hope it's not the sole use of the gamepad while playing single-player. I would try the gamepad out if it had other things to offer, but I'm not fond of using the gamepad to play and just having the same thing happening on its screen as on the TV screen (such as the was New Mario U is). I think if Off-TV is used in Zelda-U, they need to have it be something that can be switched on and off, and not be a constant on the pad's screen if your TV is on or not.

Salem

SICK
The only time I really use Off-TV play is for the Virtual Console games. Now that Nintendo's gone HD, I'd much rather see the games as large as possible on my LCD TV. The idea of Off-TV play was really exciting to me originally, but on the gamepad HD games just feel... small. Of course, they actually ARE smaller than on a large TV, but there's something lost to the grandness of it all. Even if Zelda-U incorporated this feature, I wouldn't be using it.
It's bigger than the 3DS' screen.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
I wouldn't mind having the capability for Zelda Wii U to be able to be played off screen. It would be extremely helpful in cases where you only have one tv and someone wants to watch something and can't because you're currently using it. But I wouldn't be upset if it was not included.

I think more so than having that capability to play off screen, I really want the Gamepad to be utilized for gameplay when you're actually playing on a tv. That is honestly one of the things I'm looking forward to seeing when I get the game. I want to know that you can actually use the Gamepad for something instead of it being just a secondary screen. One game I know in particular on the Wii U (Lego City Undercover) uses the Gamepad extensively for things during the game and because of this it doesn't have the capability to be played off screen. I don't mind it though. With the way the game is designed it works great!

I'm hoping Zelda Wii U follows this example with their use of the Gamepad in their game. If they don't have the capability for the off-screen that's fine with me. It's a nice addition, but I don't think it's essentially required for a game like this.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
It's common knowledge that the Wii U has a feature called "Off TV Play" which allows one to play their game on the Gamepad rather than the TV. My question is, would you rather see this ability in Zelda U or not?

Why wouldn't any of us want to see this used in Zelda U? I can see a lot of potential with it, and whether we like it or not, I'm sure they have something in the works that uses this ability. Although I can see how useful the gamepad would be while playing on the TV versus off, it can prove to be just as useful off the TV versus on. We should at least give it a chance before we start pointing out cons instead of pros.

To be honest, my knowledge of the WiiU's specs is lacking, but if the off-play feature is as convenient as it sounds, then I'd say why not. Besides, it's not like we can predict exactly HOW Nintendo plans on implementing it, or the degree to which it may be used—if it'll be used at all. Heck, for all we know, it may turn out to be über-tier. I'll probably use it regardless, seeing as I prefer the hands-on approach over premature assumptions and speculation...

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom