• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art Oekaki Junk

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
That is amazing Zeruda! I like Malon too! it's so obvious that she crushes on Link. And again I love the eyes, the are so expressive, like lenses that focuses in on the soul of the character =)

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
That is amazing Zeruda! I like Malon too! it's so obvious that she crushes on Link. And again I love the eyes, the are so expressive, like lenses that focuses in on the soul of the character =)

Thank you. Yes, she's a very romantic character. I'm glad you like her eyes. I wanted to portray her personality without doing a full-body doodle, and I thought focusing on her face would help. Looks like it did. :>

Beeker

Wild Card
I must say Zeruda, you are quite an artist. If only I could actually have better skills-_-

Like the Malon one, but I just LOVE the Deku Princess one. I normally don't care too much for when people humanize characters/animals, but she looks so cute and well done. JUST. AWESOME :D

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
I must say Zeruda, you are quite an artist. If only I could actually have better skills-_-

Like the Malon one, but I just LOVE the Deku Princess one. I normally don't care too much for when people humanize characters/animals, but she looks so cute and well done. JUST. AWESOME :D
Aww, well thanks. :>
If you want to develop your skills, you shoul definitely practice with an oekaki board. That's what all of these are doodled on- nothing fancy like PhotoShop. I've read a lot of tutorials over the years. I've made some pretty epic pieces of artwork with PhotoShop after spending weeks on them. I've studied light sources and played with colors...

...but really, simple doodles like these on an oekaki board are what have helped me the most. They are not meant to be great pictures- just doodles! But, because they are doodles, you can spend time working on various techniques rather than focusing on finishing a big picture. For me, it's been the most help.

And I am very glad you like the Deku Princess. A lot of people on deviantART liked her too, heh heh. I never see many deku fanarts, so I thought she would be perfect. :>

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
You are very talented. I like all of your drawings a lot. Keep up the good work! ;)

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
Doodled Saria tonight. I had intended to draw Anju, but their hairstyles are very similar. It ended up looking young, so it turned to Saria.
KOHO-15JUL2010.png

Zelda's_Child

~Insert Epicness Here~
Wow they're amazing!! I wish I could draw like that.
BTW, how do you get one of those oekaki board thingies? I really want to give that a try!
Anywho, I hope you keep doodling!

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
Wow they're amazing!! I wish I could draw like that.
BTW, how do you get one of those oekaki board thingies? I really want to give that a try!
Anywho, I hope you keep doodling!
Basically, you go to an oekaki board. There are many oekaki boards on the internet, but very few Zelda-themed ones. If you want, you can give it a try at KOHO (Knights of Hyrule Oekaki). There are various applications (Shi Paint, Paint BBS, etc) to try out, so experiment until you find one you like. :>

And yes, I shall continue my doodling!
http://knightsofhyrule.org/oekaki

OotLord1003

Young Link
what do you use to draw these? they are incredible!

EDIT: never mind...the post above me tells......

Last edited:

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
Haven't had a chance to doodle on my oekaki board for some time now. Playing with bright colors in a different coloring style. Seems to work well for sloppily and hastily doodled pictures such as this.

KOHO-22SEP2010.png

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
...it's been long enough, double posting:

An art trade with another artist on my oekaki board:
KOHO-08OCT2010.png

And then, a failed attempt to try my friend's paint style. I cannot do it. :<
KOHO-10OCT2010.png

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
What? Those are nice, I like the second one better. I signed up in your boards but I didn't get how to use all that stuff. :P Anyway, good job on these, they are very nice.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
I have to decided to redefine the word Oekaki into ridiculously good drawing because those are the only things I'm seeing in this thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom