• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art Oekaki Junk

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
What is Oekaki?
(: O = Formal prefix, : E = picture, 描き: KAKI = to draw) is the Japanese term to describe the act of drawing, meaning "doodle or scribble". Unlike the works I draw in Photoshop, these come out much more sloppy. They are not detailed images (though some people are very good at it), but instead just doodles. When I draw in Photoshop, an image usually takes me around two weeks to complete. I like oekaki in my spare time because I can just doodle with my mouse for an hour or so and not be worried about putting too much effort into an image.

Zeruda's Works

Works are RATED G!!! The images at the very top are the newest, while images to the bottom are the oldest. I just wanted to share my junk with you all since I hardly have time to post any real artwork. I think the last piece I did was weeks ago.... Anyway, I'll try to keep this updated as I go along. I have these saved in my album here, but eh.... it really shrinks down the images and there is a lot of quality loss. So here are a few to start me off:

KOHO-01JUN2010.png
KOHO-06MAY2010.png

KOHO-01MAY2010.png
KOHO-24MAR2010.png

KOHO-05MAR2010.png
KOHO-23FEB2010-2.png

KOHO-23FEB2010.png
KOHO-18FEB2010.png

TriforceHunter

Forever I am Abandoned
Nice, Im not a computer artist (More of pencil/Paper artist, and a good one I might say) but this is gold, may I ask, do you have a DeviantArt Account, this is the stuff that should be at the top over there. I will not ask what Zelda is doing (Or happening to her) in the second picture XD. Nevertheless, very nice artwork.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
Nice, Im not a computer artist (More of pencil/Paper artist, and a good one I might say) but this is gold, may I ask, do you have a DeviantArt Account, this is the stuff that should be at the top over there. I will not ask what Zelda is doing (Or happening to her) in the second picture XD. Nevertheless, very nice artwork.
Yes, it's zeruda.deviantart.com

I too prefer pen and paper, but I just don't have the time to really finish any of my hand-drawn works these days. As for the second picture... she's just crying. On DA, I had titled that image "Tears for Her Kingdom". I guess I was just trying to show how she really felt in TP despite her stoic presence in-game.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
When I was still a teen I could draw very well but never did anything with it. If I had spent more time at it I might have been able to draw decent pics today. Did pr do you use a tablet? I love the tablet. It makes work so much more easier.
Btw great job!

Tom

Nice work, Zeruda. The second drawing is my favorite, looks really good. Btw, how long it took you to make it? I'm not sure if I'd have enough patience for that.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Wow, those are really nice, Zeruda. Good job, you peeps rock at art. :D

Third fourth and sixth are my favorite by the way.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
When I was still a teen I could draw very well but never did anything with it. If I had spent more time at it I might have been able to draw decent pics today. Did pr do you use a tablet? I love the tablet. It makes work so much more easier.
Btw great job!
I'm sure you could pick it back up if you practiced. :> I stopped oekaki for like.. over a year, but I'm already picking it up again, so I'm sure you can do the same with drawing. Unfortunately, no I don't have a tablet. I always asked for one for my birthdays when I was younger but I never got one. Now even though I'm an adult I can't afford one. :< Using a mouse gets really frustrating depending on the program (Paint Chat is easy but jaggedy, Shi Painter Pro is more laggy but has better coloring options), so I'd love to get a tablet someday. :>

Nice work, Zeruda. The second drawing is my favorite, looks really good. Btw, how long it took you to make it? I'm not sure if I'd have enough patience for that.
Not very long. Some take two hours, some take one, some take a half hour. That's why I really love oekaki- you can doodling for a short amount of time and not be bothered with putting too much time or effort into your work. PLUS you can save it and finish it up later.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
Haven't used the oekaki board in almost a month, eeee! Bad, bad Zelly. Anyway, doodled today. Humanized the Deku Princess. She was sooo cuuute in Majora's Mask. <3 btw those aren't fingers, they're the fluffy things on the end of her sleeves or whatever.

KOHO-29JUN2010.png

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
You called this thread Oekaki Junk even though this is proper talent! How do you do it? I can't imagine ever getting to be as good as you! I love the Deku Princess, so cute! The expression on her face reminds me of my little sister :xd:!

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
You called this thread Oekaki Junk even though this is proper talent! How do you do it? I can't imagine ever getting to be as good as you! I love the Deku Princess, so cute! The expression on her face reminds me of my little sister :xd:!
Well, by "junk" I don't mean absolutely horrible, but the fact that it's sloppily drawn compared to my dedicated works means it's "junk" in comparison- pretty much nothing I'd ever keep in an artistic portfolio, you know?

In any case, thank you! I always thought she was so adorable in the game, but I didn't want to simply draw her as a deku. I'm fond of humanizing baddies and weird creatures, so I thought she'd be a perfect subject because she was already so darn cute! :>

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
I wanted to go back to using bright colors for a little bit, so I chose a bright and cheery character to use them for! Malon! She's one of my favorite characters. :>

KOHO-09JUL2010.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom